Board index » SDC Worlds » Heroes Unlimited™

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:22 pm

Dungeon Crawler

Comment: All right, torch bearer, this is what we hired you for. Go in that cave, so we can see whats in there.
An interesting note, by the way...

The Hunt I made up there, were he to lose the Mimic power, would still be able to make

7 copies with Multiple Selves.
8 energy doppleganger's with Energy Doppleganger.
968 swarmlings with Swarm Self.

for a total of 976 guys.

The real bad thing here is the 968 guys using force push, I think. No dodge, no parry, you take force damage, and there is a very good chance, per attack, that you are prone and minus two attacks. That pretty much wins most any fights.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:08 pm

OLD ONE

Comment: PROUDLY Not a member of the "Cabal of 24"
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
  • Multiple Selves
  • Mirror Mastery - PU1
  • Energy Doppleganger - PU1
For this The Main form will be known as "Alpha"

15th level mutant
Alpha makes a Mirror Copy and an Energy Doppleganger
Alpha then makes 15 copies via Multiple Selves. The Mirror of Alpha makes an Energy Doppleganger. (We are now 19 strong)

Now the Multiple Selves only have Mirror Mastery and Energy Doppleganger. Each Multiple makes an Energy Dopple Ganger (thats 15 more bring us to 34) The each Multiple Self also makes a Mirror Image (another 15 making us 49). Each Mirror Image (15) makes an Energy Doppleganger bringing us to 64)

Alpha
15 Multiple Selves
16 Mirror Images
32 Energy Dopplegangers

Completely book legal.

yawn, been done before by someone else.

steeler>The multiple selves power says that the clones have ALL the powers of the original except the multiple self power. this allows the clones to use the other powers NMI listed.

Don't yawn me! Look back at the date of the post you just quoted! :lol:

"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
Palladium Books 2015 Robotech RPG Tactics Tournament Rules

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:51 am

Hero

Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
  • Multiple Selves
  • Mirror Mastery - PU1

15th level mutant
Alpha then makes 15 copies via Multiple Selves. The Mirror of Alpha makes an Energy Doppleganger. (We are now 19 strong)

Now the Multiple Selves only have Mirror Mastery and Energy Doppleganger. Each Multiple makes an Energy Dopple Ganger (thats 15 more bring us to 34) The each Multiple Self also makes a Mirror Image (another 15 making us 49). Each Mirror Image (15) makes an Energy Doppleganger bringing us to 64)

Alpha
15 Multiple Selves
16 Mirror Images
32 Energy Dopplegangers

Completely book legal.

steeler>The multiple selves power says that the clones have ALL the powers of the original except the multiple self power. this allows the clones to use the other powers NMI listed.
? :-? ?
Not sure I follow why you said this, cuz I do know this about the Multiple Being power...
It Is a sick (in a nice way) combo Nimmy made there I agree. Allotta energy guys flying around Is cool.

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:38 am

Monk

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
  • Multiple Selves
  • Mirror Mastery - PU1

15th level mutant

Alpha
15 Multiple Selves
16 Mirror Images
32 Energy Dopplegangers

Completely book legal.

Don't yawn me! Look back at the date of the post you just quoted! :lol:

Blames the one who did a resurrection post to this topic....

Mostly I write out exactly what I mean, then sometimes get even more finicky.

My Artwork

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:39 pm

Knight

so nmi let me ask players dont live long with you do they?

The wisdom of Man is foolishness to God and the Wisdom of God is foolishness to Man

We are Jason Richards. Lower your boffer weaponry & defensive devices. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. We will add your role-playing expertise to our own. Your gaming systems will adapt to our own.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:54 pm

OLD ONE

I don't kill players, players kill players.

"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:46 am

Hero

Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.
Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
I don't kill players, players kill players.

Sig'ed.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:15 am

Hero

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"
-------------------------------------------Off Toppic----------------------------------------
HAH!!! :lol:
Players kill players has Never been so true in my games...
I have 5 players outta the 60+/- I have ran, and Dang if at least 2 of Those 5 don't Always try and kill at least One of the other players in every game.
Right now they're in a RIFTS And an ABERRANT game (yeah I know, the RPG worlds Two biggest Munchkin Meta-plot games... I live Life Dangeriously :P )... And it's Only a Matter of time before One of them goes Psycho and runs off in an over emotional Killing spree, OR Worse yet he goes Sociopathic and becomes the emotionally dead "Nice Guy" social chameleon, always trying to be "Friendly" all the while your characters being sized up by him/her just like how the "General" was sizing up Jeff Daniels in the movie Arachnophobia!!!
Creepy!

--------------------------------------------On Topic-------------------------------------------
A great combo is 'Divine Healing' + 'Multiple Beings'
Makes fer a fun hero when you are your own medical trauma team.

---------------------------------------------On another Note-----------------------------------
There are just Some Major super-powers that NEED at least one other power... One Great example is "Grant Super Powers".
I did the math from Every angle possible and this power is Horrid w/o at least one Other useful power to either allow for (A) a boost in HP, (B) a means to regenerate, and or (C) a Really useful major or minor super power to grant others...
The Math: The average HP for a starting super is equal to their PE+D6! Then you add skills (let's say you get +4PE).
I averaged 16HP
•The power ONLY lasts for 3minutes per level, can Only be used on NON-powered indivdules, Only grants a Totally Random Minor power, OR (if you have one) a power You have at level one strength.
•But the Real issue is that it takes an Average 6-9HP to use it! Now considering HP recovery for a Superhuman with only Normal human stats and HP recovery times, AT BEST you can Only use this power Safely 1 once every couple of days. And each use at best drains you of nearly Half of your total HP... Which you REALLY NEED as your HP Is your life. Two uses is likely to put you in a coma... AT Least untill you get to a New level.

•Which is where we Then see problem Two of the power: How can someone who can Only safely use their power at best Twice every copla days, and Then needs DT (Down Time) to recover from what would 'Classical' be considered rather serious wounds.
Considering This fact, it should be VERY HARD for someone with Just this power to ever SEE those "Extra" levels of experiance.

•THEN you must consider that the powers can Only be granted to Other Normal people, which your Fellow heroes tend Never to be... As Unless they happen to be 'Stage Magicians' or some such Very normal hero class, Even Hero classes/OCC's like Fighters tend to see the granted powers cut in half. Thus you're Not too very useful to your friends.

•Then there is the fact that the powers you grant are TOTALLY random and a Large percentage (like 99%) of the time the powers granted are Not likely to be useful to the specifics of the situation... that is If you can even afford to grant them in the First place, and If the target of your Granting can even be granted the powers.

•THEN there is the fact that there is NO way for the subject of the 'Granted' power will even have a clue WHAT the power the've been granted even is, or have the training to know who to use it properly w/o causing potential harm to themselves, their surroundings, or others.

•THEN what happens if the power is, in and of itself, naturally harmfull...
-Glow can be dangerious at the wrong time, especially if you're triying to hide for a threat!!!
-Giant WILL cause you to rip Right out of your clothes, likely destroying some of your equipment, and in the wrong place (A confined location for instance) it could be downright Leathel!
-Some powers may be harmful Just because It may be harmful to those on yourside (including the Granted person) because of it stimulating certain vulnerablilties.
-Nothing says I LUV U like asking the granted person what the power is that they just got and, they start shooting flames out of their hands... At you... While you're all sitting in the middle of a Fireworks Factory!!!

Some Major powers like this one really, Really, REALLY need another power to make them Copacetic!!

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:52 am

OLD ONE

Steeler49er wrote:
-Nothing says I LUV U like asking the granted person what the power is that they just got and, they start shooting flames out of their hands... At you... While you're all sitting in the middle of a Fireworks Factory!!
LOL! Hilarious! Oops

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:19 am

Dungeon Crawler

Darkechilde wrote:
Oh boy... [snip] 20 nerd points to anyone that gets the "Mr. Smith" reference. :lol:

nice, and its "A. smith" ....agent smith. not mr smith, do i get 30 nerd points? :mrgreen:

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:56 pm

Dungeon Crawler

Comment: All right, torch bearer, this is what we hired you for. Go in that cave, so we can see whats in there.
Olaris wrote:
Darkechilde wrote:
Oh boy... [snip] 20 nerd points to anyone that gets the "Mr. Smith" reference. :lol:

nice, and its "A. smith" ....agent smith. not mr smith, do i get 30 nerd points? :mrgreen:

No, cause he calls himself "Mr. Smith" on many occasions. So you only get 10.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:50 am

Adventurer

I took one look at this idea, and instantly thought;

"Kage Bushin no Jutsu"

10 geek points to whomever gets this.

I let my wife play rifts once....................she shot me in the back of the head with a naruni plasma pistol, gaffa taped a type 4 fusion block to my nether regions, and kicked my ass off the apc travelling at 100 MPH

gimme a break, my pc is a playa, not me.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:05 am

OLD ONE

Rimmer wrote:

"Kage Bushin no Jutsu"

Naruto / shadow jutsus

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:31 pm

Adventurer

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
Rimmer wrote:

"Kage Bushin no Jutsu"

Naruto / shadow jutsus

I'll give you 20 for that !

I let my wife play rifts once....................she shot me in the back of the head with a naruni plasma pistol, gaffa taped a type 4 fusion block to my nether regions, and kicked my ass off the apc travelling at 100 MPH

gimme a break, my pc is a playa, not me.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:55 pm

Knight

you know nmi you come up with some kick ass concepts. where do you get these ideas?

The wisdom of Man is foolishness to God and the Wisdom of God is foolishness to Man

We are Jason Richards. Lower your boffer weaponry & defensive devices. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. We will add your role-playing expertise to our own. Your gaming systems will adapt to our own.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:37 am

Explorer

My main problem with Multiple Beings/Selves is the fact the copy appears with nothing on. It's great for preplanning or handling multiple tasks at once. Not so great for mid combat. I knew a guy once who used one copy to maintain his secret identity while out being a super hero. Then he had to summon the other 8 copies mid fight during a nationally televised battle to save Washington DC.

Needless to say, his secret identity was no more. He also got charged with eight counts of public indecency.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:08 am

Dungeon Crawler

Darkechilde wrote:
Olaris wrote:
Darkechilde wrote:

No, cause he calls himself "Mr. Smith" on many occasions. So you only get 10.

Doh! ok how about this, multiple selves and aps fire, cluster supernova!
....thought you'd get a bang out of that lol (yes lame) :mrgreen:

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:10 am

Dungeon Crawler

FaerieKnight wrote:
My main problem with Multiple Beings/Selves is the fact the copy appears with nothing on. It's great for preplanning or handling multiple tasks at once. Not so great for mid combat. I knew a guy once who used one copy to maintain his secret identity while out being a super hero. Then he had to summon the other 8 copies mid fight during a nationally televised battle to save Washington DC.

Needless to say, his secret identity was no more. He also got charged with eight counts of public indecency.

so the advise would be, next time, be prepaired! slacker :twisted: :crane: :clown:

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:43 am

Explorer

Unless you have bio aura, how can you be prepared to summon eight clones and give them clothing to put on mid fight?

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:41 am

OLD ONE

the hell with the clothes. If the clones are "pretty" enough, that could even more of a distraction to the enemy!

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:03 pm

Hero

Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.
FaerieKnight wrote:
Unless you have bio aura, how can you be prepared to summon eight clones and give them clothing to put on mid fight?

Instant Wardrobe comes to mind.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:11 pm

Explorer

Not sure, but wouldn't you still have to have each clone spend an action to summon an outfit?

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:55 pm

OLD ONE

FaerieKnight wrote:
Not sure, but wouldn't you still have to have each clone spend an action to summon an outfit?

I'd allow it as a power stunt of sorts. If they were absorbed while wearing clothes, they could be unleashed wearing the same clothes.
What do clones do when they are absorbed?

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:16 pm

Explorer

My understanding is at base... the cloths are left on the floor.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Hero

if the character has Bio Aura it should copy the clothing and simple equipment

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:20 am

Explorer

Aye, but the game it happened in was before Bio Aura's introduction :)

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:28 am

Champion

Is working out these things interesting to note?

Working out weirdly powerful combos in the pal system is typically as hard as fighting your way out of a paper bag.

Relkor: "I believe the GM ruled that they did vomit..."

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:37 am

Explorer

Think the worst char I've made for being overpowered was... +7 to strike, +15 parry/dodge, +30 roll with impact, with either 6 or 7 attacks per melee... at level 1. I only played that character for a few sessions.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:36 pm

Hero

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
the hell with the clothes. If the clones are "pretty" enough, that could even more of a distraction to the enemy!
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ stars to NMI for finding an excuse to use the "Sexy Jutsu" as a creative answer to a problem :ok:

So this is yet another reason that having Shape Shifting + Multiple being can rock since, If you get skilled in it you can create a realistic look of clothing while still being naked...

By if you are a sexy looking girl and you have "Generate Smoke', that can also be useful.

Last edited by Steeler49er on Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:22 pm

Hero

FaerieKnight wrote:
Think the worst char I've made for being overpowered was... +7 to strike, +15 parry/dodge, +30 roll with impact, with either 6 or 7 attacks per melee... at level 1. I only played that character for a few sessions.

The WORST and yet most awsome momment was when a player of mine got his character (a juicer name Joe Amanni) upto 270+/- AtPM's for just one melee... And then fell over into a coma.
The ultimate one shot pony ride :lol:

But as to you Clones+clothes issue, even Kevin admitted (Pre 'Bio-Aura' & PU3) that he would just sometimes forgo that rule about creating them naked... It's called a GM's prerogative.
•Just like when I say "To H311 with the 'No two APS powers' or 'No APS powers + Multiple Beings' combo restrictions"...
•Or when I say that Partical beam weapons "Do Not Count As Speacial Form of Energy That Can Harm Those Supers with Invulnerability"...
•Or when I allow a Player to take/use the ORIGINAL version of MIMICRY which allows "All of your own Abilities" to be used in addition to those gained via Mimicry"-But Only if I like their character consept.

•Or when I thow out any shiz that comes out in any new Nightbane books that counters pre-established NIGHTSPAWN game canon.
•OR when I throw out the ULTIMATE game imbalancer ret-con New Rifts Magic Casting rules.

You're the ST/GM/DM you make, remake, or re-establish the rules as you see fit or needed. Personally I Hate changing rules but... Sometimes you have just got to. I PERSONALLY always allow the players to roll to see if their clones have Bio-aura via D4roll:

1) Clones/duplicates clothes drop off them when they are absorbed. Clones are naked when recreated. Consolation Prize: Clones heal in one hour, not in one day and If a successful PE roll is made Vs. difficulty 18, the player may reduce that time by 10min for every point of success he/she roll over the target number.
Failed Roll: Forevery point the player rolled under the target number by, he/she looses either 1 point of PE or 1D6% of their SDC/HP. Players choice. HP/SDC loss can not regenerate and Must heal at normal human rates (player adds any PE bonuses to that rate of recovery).

2) If the player has enough powers and wishes to give one up, he/she can BUY Bio-aura. This version allows for Only the main clones clothes/items to be copied but the Bio-Aura works as per normal in every other way for any other powers.

3) Clones have Bio-Aura for free but Just for the sake of creating clones.

4) If the player has enough powers and wishes to give one up, he/she can BUY Bio-aura. In This version the player may choose every time of absorbtion that the clones clothes/items dissappear when absorbed and Only those clothes/items clones last wore are recreated, OR that the clones loose the clothes and my come out naked, or with their creators clothes. This is the most powerful version and as such the Clones take 20 days to recover from damage -minus any successes made on a PE diff 18 roll to reduce that time by one day per success...
Failed Roll: Forevery point the player rolled under the target number by, he/she looses either 1 point of PE or 1D6% of their SDC/HP. Players choice. HP/SDC loss can not regenerate and Must heal at normal human rates (player adds any PE bonuses to that rate of recovery).

5) The player/PC gets Bio-aura for free. In This version the clones clothes/items dissappear when absorbed and Only those clothes/items clones last wore are recreated. This form of Bio-aura only works for the Multiple beings power and no other.

6) Flip a coin :P

You could create your Own roll chart and show it to your players yourself.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:32 pm

Dungeon Crawler

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
FaerieKnight wrote:

I'd allow it as a power stunt of sorts. If they were absorbed while wearing clothes, they could be unleashed wearing the same clothes.
What do clones do when they are absorbed?

Play Charades, of course.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:39 am

Invisible Pink Unicorn

Steeler49er wrote:

Hmm, try Possession+ MB's then just absorb thier helpless bodies while they stay in thier hosts.
{as a power stunt maybe you can keep their bodyi in you but tlet out their mind/spirit hat possess's somebody?}

Quote:
There are just Some Major super-powers that NEED at least one other power... One Great example is "Grant Super Powers".
I did the math from Every angle possible and this power is Horrid w/o at least one Other useful power to either allow for (A) a boost in HP, (B) a means to regenerate, and or (C) a Really useful major or minor super power to grant others...
The Math: The average HP for a starting super is equal to their PE+D6! Then you add skills (let's say you get +4PE).
I averaged 16HP
•The power ONLY lasts for 3minutes per level, can Only be used on NON-powered indivdules, Only grants a Totally Random Minor power, OR (if you have one) a power You have at level one strength.
•But the Real issue is that it takes an Average 6-9HP to use it! Now considering HP recovery for a Superhuman with only Normal human stats and HP recovery times, AT BEST you can Only use this power Safely 1 once every couple of days. And each use at best drains you of nearly Half of your total HP... Which you REALLY NEED as your HP Is your life. Two uses is likely to put you in a coma... AT Least untill you get to a New level.
•Which is where we Then see problem Two of the power:

Now see, when I first saw this power I thought of healing factor, not only because it will solve problem #2 handility IMO, but also because you then becoeme a healer. Not in the sense that it increase their HP recoverey rate, even if they used the "instant healing" thing that you can do once or twice a day. Rather because it's makes you
. Goodbye AIDS.
Thought to avoid being dissected/mobbed it might be best to keep this ability hidden until you can make money off it by healing sick rich people or thier kids. Other than a couple of spells from a Nightbane suppliment this is the only way I know of to heal/cure serious diseases. { For those wondering, the spells are the Fleshcrafter spell that has a 1% cahnce of curing cancer, and the Draught of Life and Deathwhich. Technically the Daught doesn't cure the disease it just moves things around. They are found in Through the Looking Glass a useful suppliment on magic in general...}

Quote:
•THEN you must consider that the powers can Only be granted to Other Normal people, which your Fellow heroes tend Never to be... As Unless they happen to be 'Stage Magicians' or some such Very normal hero class, Even Hero classes/OCC's like Fighters tend to see the granted powers cut in half. Thus you're Not too very useful to your friends.

THe most reconet "campaigne diary" thread had a BadArse Normalnamed Golem(yes he was jewish, how'd you guess). This would have given him "Full" powers. Try telling him he's "normal person" and there for some how useless.

Quote:
•Then there is the fact that the powers you grant are TOTALLY random and a Large percentage (like 99%) of the time the powers granted are Not likely to be useful to the specifics of the situation... that is If you can even afford to grant them in the First place, and If the target of your Granting can even be granted the powers.

*rolls eyes*
You really don't get it do you, you take powers that would be useful to give to others if you take this powers.

Quote:
•THEN there is the fact that there is NO way for the subject of the 'Granted' power will even have a clue WHAT the power the've been granted even is, or have the training to know who to use it properly w/o causing potential harm to themselves, their surroundings, or others.

MEh they'd h ve as mcuh clue as anyoen else you suddenly gained powers. ID ont' see why the random power wouldn't give them a clue when they got it.
I was thikng of a smaller Minor versionfo; this pwoer called "Seed of Life" were you can only give poeel healing factor.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:57 am

Hero

Sir_Spirit wrote:
Steeler49er wrote:

*rolls eyes*
You really don't get it do you, you take powers that would be useful to give to others if you take this powers.

But do you remember what i started this comment off with in the header just a few lines up?
Steeler wrote:

Sir_Spirit wrote:
Steeler49er wrote:

MEh they'd h ve as mcuh clue as anyoen else you suddenly gained powers. ID ont' see why the random power wouldn't give them a clue when they got it.
They wouldn't be much differant, and that is my point... MANY normal super peeps who Just get their powers in an instant do not know how to use them and they tend to cause accidents, it's comic book canon.
As to them knowing how to use the power, there is no reason to assume that they would, however in english when something would be an added aspect of something it is Most often mentioned. To Not say weither a power does something tends to imply that it does not do said thing, therefore saying nothing equals out in most peoples head to saying that the super ability GSP does not grant knowledge of how to use it.

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:47 pm

Hero

Pretty cool.
Twisted and I would not allow in a game of mine (most likely), but kudos for creativity :)

Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:
So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:11 pm

Adventurer

As a GM - I would look at this and say - sure - Now roll for insanities. Every self and split would have a different experience and would eventually go back to the one self.

Ultimately a character like this would go insane!

I would give a character like this 6 games tops before they were crazy enough to become evil, or corrupt them selves into a sniveling mess of them selves. After all that many fractions of ones self would be difficult for the ALPHA to relate to in any way and the experiences would like like drive one mad far sooner than later.

Roll to Save v Insanity every time this combination is used.... Not to mention the concentration required to focus these powers.... I imagine a real life comparison would be running a Triathlon at the same time full tilt and trying to sort out the whole race from all sides from one perspective when it is over.... Geesh not sure a character like this would last.... Mentally that is.

Post subject: Re:
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:19 pm

Adventurer

Malignor wrote:
I had a guy with multiple selves. Then they all underwent full bionic reconstruction. I'd rather have 8 borgs than 64 normal guys.

Also GMed a guy in Rifts with Mirror Mastery who could pilot a Glitterboy. Kinda cool being able to fire lasers and launch a clone out of your own PA.

Both great ideas! A bit on the OP side, but interesting.

As to the thought of a bunch of guys, I'm not impressed. So what, your super hero's power is that their are a lot of him? Even if you manage this sort of thing, the GM is going to have an easy time giving your trouble. The problem is that each guy is underpowered compared to any one opponent. Add in a dozen of them and the GM merely needs to separate you and your weak.

I think this would make a decent NPC, one who ran an entire organization on his own. Not great for a hero that is going to see combat on a regular basis - especially against other heroes.

Steeler49er wrote:
b]--------------------------------------------On Topic-------------------------------------------[/b]

And this is the best practical use for that multiple beings power I've seen.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:26 pm

Hero

paxmiles wrote:
Steeler49er wrote:

:-o

Danka!

After playing a few games of Aberrant I realized that most Real super heroes should be played as Heroes and Not as Crime Fighters since Crime Fighters tend to Not save civilians in most games I play. Kids like crime fighters cuz they run around in cool duds bashing bad guys, but grown-ups tend to appreciate actually being Saved from Burning Buildings, Drowning/Sinking Ships, Falling debris, Tornados/Hurricanes, Floods, Flying in food during Drout/Famine, Power Outages/Blackouts, Locating Lost/Stranded Hikers, Finding missing/abuducted children, Being Cured from the sickness of a plagues deadly touch, and or being pulled from under a fallen building after an earthquake... Real Heroes.

________________________________________________OTHER COMBOS______________________________________________
Multiple Beings + APS: Water (Ignoring That 'Lame' rule) allows you to make an Awesome fire fighter since you can get into places normal Fire Fighters can't, never run out of water, are highly resistant to heat damage (and no heat/fire damage is permanent), don't need to worry about smoke inhalation, and your morphic shape means you can turn into an awesome amount of perfect shapes for the exacts situation.

Multiple Beings + Radiation Control
Become an excelent UN nuclear weapons inspector now that more than one of you can move through buildings very fast. Plus you and your clones can safely halt nuclear disasters and despose of radioactive materials.

Multiple Beings + Plant Control/CEF:Earth
Become the Ultimate land scapers.

Multiple Beings + Animate Drawings
Become your own Super animation art team!
Eat yer heart out CLAMP & Shonen Jump. Maybe NOW American/US cartoons can compete with Japanies Anime.

Multiple Beings + Grant Super Powers
Now you can have Lotsa clones of Other guys/gals running around. Since Each of Your Clones can grant the Multiple Beings power to other normal people w/o draining your own HP to the point of death, Just your Copies loose the HP. This combo has limitless potentials.
Hey, you ever want that threesome with yer girlfriend? Well now maybe you can :eek:

Multiple Beings + Zombie Flesh
•You are your own personal FIGHT CLUB.
•OR Play the part of a Zombie Hoard... For the Hoard!
Not to very useful, just mostly this one is for fun.

Multiple Beings + Sleepless
You are your own living Guild... And No Guild in WoW could compete with your ability to stay up That long!

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:21 pm

Adventurer

Steeler49er wrote:
Multiple Beings + Sleepless
You are your own living Guild... And No Guild in WoW could compete with your ability to stay up That long!

Wow....lol....the idea of getting super powers just to play WoW..so funny!
-Pax

Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:36 am

Rifter® Contributer

You guys are sick. :)

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:16 pm

Adventurer

Comment: "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79
"Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81
"Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
i see your character and raise you any character with transmutation.

On my initiative, I turn anything into antimatter.

and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:20 pm

Champion

zerombr wrote:
i see your character and raise you any character with transmutation.

On my initiative, I turn anything into antimatter.

Well I'd argue that antimatter is not matter, it's the opposite. As a GM I wouldn't allow that. But this power is broken enough to beat most things with clever application even without that, I would not allow a player with a strong chemistry background access to this power. :)

Given that the example character here can only duplicate themselves and has no other listed powers you could simply turn the air into mustard gas or acid vapor or chloroform or chlorine gas (which has no odor) or methane (also no odor without the additive they use so people can smell leaks). Heck, turn the air into fine particulates of raw potassium or sodium, both of which react violently/explosively with moisture (such as in the lungs, mouth and nostrils). Transform a couple inches of air around their heads into a wrapping of tar or other sticky hard to remove suffocating material. Make it rain gasoline or kerosene or napalm by transmuting the air then transmute something into a heat source.

"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:20 am

Adventurer

Comment: "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79
"Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81
"Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
indeed, I wouldn't allow it either, but hey, we're going by book legal, right? just wanted to show why I'll never allow transmutation in its current form into my game :D

and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:05 am

Invisible Pink Unicorn

I am pretty sure you can't do any of that. by the book. Cuz you can't do chemical compounds IIRC?

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:09 pm

Hero

Steeler49er wrote:
paxmiles wrote:
Steeler49er wrote:

:-o

Danka!

After playing a few games of Aberrant I realized that most Real super heroes should be played as Heroes and Not as Crime Fighters since Crime Fighters tend to Not save civilians in most games I play. Kids like crime fighters cuz they run around in cool duds bashing bad guys, but grown-ups tend to appreciate actually being Saved from Burning Buildings, Drowning/Sinking Ships, Falling debris, Tornados/Hurricanes, Floods, Flying in food during Drout/Famine, Power Outages/Blackouts, Locating Lost/Stranded Hikers, Finding missing/abuducted children, Being Cured from the sickness of a plagues deadly touch, and or being pulled from under a fallen building after an earthquake... Real Heroes.

Aberrant is still my favorite "supers" RPG of all time (Adventure and Trinity, not so much; I'm waiting to see what they do with the revamp of the setting). We actually adapted that version of the story-teller system to epic level D&D campaigns and it worked amazingly well, too (though the notes on that are all long gone).

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:02 pm

Champion

Sir_Spirit wrote:
I am pretty sure you can't do any of that. by the book. Cuz you can't do chemical compounds IIRC?

It specifically does say compounds like water, carbon dioxide, rubber, alcohol, etc. Those are examples, not a comprehensive list. It is likely incredibly broken and overpowered in the hands of a clever player (and character) with a strong chemistry background. I have yet to see a player really take advantage of it, but none of my players are chemistry freaks.

"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760