Board index » Palladium Books® Multimedia » Rifts® Movie

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject: What's the real deal?
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:14 am

Knight

Location: Using Shini's bake goods to take over the freelancers minds!!
Comment: Goodbye Cruel world.... Wait, I'm back.
I've asked before in another thread which has been locked, but I would still like for my question to be answered. Is there any active involvement being taken by those involved in the production of the Rifts movie? I've searched the official website for Bruckhiemer Films, IMDB for all those who were named to be involved, and several other online sources for confirmation that the script is being written which would place the movie in the beginnings of production and have not been able to find anything that states that this movie is even being considered at all.

Official confirmation would be greatly appreciated and the only answer I would be willing to accept. Simple, "I know, but won't say" responses are childish and quite irritating. By official confirmation, I mean a current member of the staff. No answers given by former staff members or people who claim to have insider information with nothing to confirm it will be accepted their word is no good and worthless.

"I have a technique of my own to counter you lot! It's called 'radio comlink' SUMMON NINJABUNNY STEALTH GUNSHIP SQUADRON!"

I am a customer First and a Fan second.
Killer Cyborg wrote:
"The party IS over if Ninjabunny's not there."

Member of the Cabal of 24.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:43 am

Voice of the Gateway

Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Ninjabunny wrote:
I've asked before in another thread which has been locked, but I would still like for my question to be answered. Is there any active involvement being taken by those involved in the production of the Rifts movie? I've searched the official website for Bruckhiemer Films, IMDB for all those who were named to be involved, and several other online sources for confirmation that the script is being written which would place the movie in the beginnings of production and have not been able to find anything that states that this movie is even being considered at all.

Official confirmation would be greatly appreciated and the only answer I would be willing to accept. Simple, "I know, but won't say" responses are childish and quite irritating. By official confirmation, I mean a current member of the staff. No answers given by former staff members or people who claim to have insider information with nothing to confirm it will be accepted their word is no good and worthless.

Brukheimer films used to have a forum about it but their entire forums was taken down.

As for IMDB, that isn't all knowing. Information with proof has to be submitted to it specifically. It's possible that Disney and Brukheimer have chosen to do that intentionally, on no one has gotten around with it. In either case, it wouldn't be the first time.

But as I mentioned before, I did have some back and forth with the writer and he did confirm he was writing it.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:35 am

Knight

Do you have any verification you can post or share if not I revert to my first post about non-staff members eluding to anything other then the facts.

"I have a technique of my own to counter you lot! It's called 'radio comlink' SUMMON NINJABUNNY STEALTH GUNSHIP SQUADRON!"

Killer Cyborg wrote:

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:39 am

Wanderer

There was a press release on Palladium's website on December 31st that said this:

"The Rifts® Movie. Maybe it’s wishful thinking, but we have good vibes about the Rifts® movie. If Jerry Bruckheimer decides to make an epic sci-fi Rifts® Movie, everything changes. It’s been 8 years since the option was signed, and JB Films liked Rawson Marshall Thurber’s first draft screenplay. Could a major motion picture be part of Palladium’s future? We hope so."

I think you can consider that "official." He has finished one draft. More rewrites are to be done, of course, and also a director needs to be named before real progress can be made, pre-production-wise. I mean, what more information do you really expect? Until Bruckheimer hires a director, there is really nothing to be done (and therefore, nothing to be updated) besides writing and rewriting the script.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:52 am

Knight

Ask yourself how many times we've heard this statement in one way or another, I can't get my hopes up again with this maybe."Kevin maybe working on this or thats" getting old after hearing about it three times in a row three years in a row, JBflims has no news on it, Thurbers web site is down, and like it or Not IMDB is a good source to find out what people are working on, and none of them have anything about this movie not even as a licensed option or even untitled project. You can look up a number of films (on IMDB or any number of sites) not even ready yet and they have info of some kind on it, the new captain america movie, spider man 4 and it's being complete re-done with a release date a year from now, heck The A-team movie was talked about a year before the first signs of a director or cast. So why do we keep getting nothing when we look it up and the same answer from Kevin that someone is working on it when no one who is suppose to be involved is saying they are?
Kevin in a press release back in march of 09' said the same thing as now, I need some real proof not the same thing repeated over and over, if no one involved is hyping it, talking about it or even bring it up how am I to believe something is being done? Kevin has promised book after book and never delivered, year after year saying he is going to work on them or get right on it but still nothing. I have to look at the facts and a track record of things not going through for palladium (mostly just bad luck, like PoP, good game bad system) as they are shown to me and from what I've seen my hopes for this movie are low at best. If you do the research you will come back asking for the same thing I am, something tangible something you can look at and say with out a doubt I have hopes for a Rifts movie.
Edit: Also ask how much say does Kevin get in the movie, does he get final script approval? Will he be a consultant of some kind? Or does Kevin get no say at all in the movie and JBflims and Disney can take creative license and do as they please? We know that part of the deal is they can use anything from the Rifts books meaning the whole movie could be set in lone star or in Silverno or even Arzno, but do they have the freedom (creative license) to turn it into a city of dragons that hate the Turkey people that live in the ruins of Los Vages?

Killer Cyborg wrote:

Last edited by Ninjabunny on Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:02 am

Hero

Things are moving forward, the writer is working on a script, no one knows if the script will be good, bad or indifferent. News will be posted as soon as Kev and crew are allowed to.

Oh what A tangled web we weave ...

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:07 am

Knight

What proof do you have? Everything I have brought up points the other way. With out proof I can not trust your word over the facts I have seen? If you can't proved or won't proved some kind of real proof please don't chime in, that's why I made this thread in hopes of getting real proof even If I have to tick off someone in a position of authority to do so.

Warning: User warned for trolling. - NMI

Killer Cyborg wrote:

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:11 am

Supreme Being

Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.
Thoughtful1 wrote:
There was a press release on Palladium's website on December 31st that said this:

"The Rifts® Movie. Maybe it’s wishful thinking, but we have good vibes about the Rifts® movie. If Jerry Bruckheimer decides to make an epic sci-fi Rifts® Movie, everything changes. It’s been 8 years since the option was signed, and JB Films liked Rawson Marshall Thurber’s first draft screenplay. Could a major motion picture be part of Palladium’s future? We hope so."

That is an official statement from a party that is in a position to give official statements.

While Bruckheimer's not officially supported such a statement, he's also not contradicted it. I would expect that were this statement significantly inaccurate he might either put up his own correction or contact Palladium Books and ask for a retraction.

IMDB is not an official site for anybody. It's kind of like Wikipedia - usually right but not a reliable primary source. Presence or Absence of information on that site is not solid proof.

So at this point officially the movie has moved as far forwards as a first draft of the screenplay. Hearsay indicates it may have been moving farther along, but we don't seem to have official confirmation of that from either company involved.

If this is inadequate proof for some, regrettably that is all for the official statements out there at the moment. There may not be supporting official statements form other folks who know, but there are just as importantly not contradicting statements either.

Please remember when phrasing your comments and questions to avoid statements that may be confused with an attack on any person or company. In particular address points to the topic itself, not to a specific individual.

Just a note to those of you who have spoken to those officially in the know, but are not directly part of the project, especially those not actively a part of Palladium Books: Please preface your comments as such to prevent confusion over what is established fact and what is people saying what they have heard. Statements like "I talked to the writer and . . . " or "I talked to Kevin and . . ." are very useful.

Dead Boy wrote:
All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:25 am

Voice of the Gateway

Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Honestly Ninja, I don't really know what you're looking for here to be honest. You've been given as solid a proof as can be given with possibly breaching contract, and yet you say nothing has been provide. If they could tell us more they would. Are you basically going to continue this same line of circular argument until Brukheimer shows up here and personally tells you the movie is being made?

Just a hint, the first Pirates of the Carribean movie didn't end up on JBFilms until the first trailer was made, so just because a rifts movie thing isn't there doesn't mean anything. Just calm down and wait like the rest of us, or try emailing them yourself.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:29 pm

Knight

I have tried connecting JBflims prince and their response was they have "No news on this licensed project and are currently busy with other projects." and again Kevin has said in past press releases that the rough/first draft was in and we were waiting on word from JBFlims, it's beginning to look like the same old song and dance, I don't need JB to pop in here all though that be nice, but Kevin to give us more info then the same line I read six months or a year ago.

Killer Cyborg wrote:

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:16 pm

Hero

I have faith in Kevin and the crew at Palladium. As a fan and believer in the property I'm sure as soon as he has news that can be released to the general public he will post it, until then we'll be patient and wait with dreams of glitterboys on the big screen!

Oh what A tangled web we weave ...

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:04 pm

OLD ONE

Comment: PROUDLY Not a member of the "Cabal of 24"
As you have said, you have received answers to your question. From the two most official sources possible - Kevin Siembieda and JBFilms. Just because you do not like the answer, does not make them any less official.

"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
Palladium Books 2015 Robotech RPG Tactics Tournament Rules

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:05 pm

Adventurer

Jefffar wrote:
While Bruckheimer's not officially supported such a statement, he's also not contradicted it.

Bruckheimer has also not stated that he is not the owner of a pr0n studio. Does that mean that he's making adult films? No. So just because he hasn't publicly said "I'm not making a Rifts film" does not mean that he is, in fact, in the process of creating a Rifts film.

What Ninjabunny is saying is that he want's proof from either Kevin, Wayne, or Alex, in the form of "Person X is writing the film, and is in the 2nd draft of the script," or "Jimmy Hobo has accepted the position of director," or something along those lines. I'm sure he'd even accept an official statement from one of those three gentlemen stating "We are sorry, but the project is on hold at the moment, we'll let you know the moment we start the ball rolling again" since that would be more definitive info than we've received in the last 3 years.

I can see where he is coming from in wanting Palladium staff to answer this question themselves. It's easy enough for me to say I've talked to Kevin about it. Doesn't mean that I have since Kevin himself has not confirmed it, but it'd be hard to discredit since Kevin himself has not denied that I have spoken to him. That is why Ninja is not accepting other peoples' statements (at least, that's what I assume).

That's awesome, you get the Geronimo Award for Customer Service.~Geronimo
My eyelids aren't fat! They're big boned!~Zerebus
listen to Rayven.~Becky
Eating tacos with a friend doesnt make you gay.~Cherico

897 Geek points

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:12 pm

OLD ONE

Comment: PROUDLY Not a member of the "Cabal of 24"
Locked due to the trolling efforts of a few.

Also:

Forum Rules wrote:
Unless your topic is one that everyone or a rather large group of people can participate in, either do not post it or leave it in "Private Messages" or go to a "chat room." Do not relay personal messages and information on the "open" boards unless they pertain to the topic of the thread. Threads opened to create simple conversation will be removed. If you want to chat, use the Palladium chatrooms or an Instant Message client.

"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
Palladium Books 2015 Robotech RPG Tactics Tournament Rules

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.