What's the real deal?

For talk about the upcoming Rifts Movie.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Re: What's the real deal?

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

Ninjabunny wrote:I've asked before in another thread which has been locked, but I would still like for my question to be answered. Is there any active involvement being taken by those involved in the production of the Rifts movie? I've searched the official website for Bruckhiemer Films, IMDB for all those who were named to be involved, and several other online sources for confirmation that the script is being written which would place the movie in the beginnings of production and have not been able to find anything that states that this movie is even being considered at all.

Official confirmation would be greatly appreciated and the only answer I would be willing to accept. Simple, "I know, but won't say" responses are childish and quite irritating. By official confirmation, I mean a current member of the staff. No answers given by former staff members or people who claim to have insider information with nothing to confirm it will be accepted their word is no good and worthless.

Brukheimer films used to have a forum about it but their entire forums was taken down.

As for IMDB, that isn't all knowing. Information with proof has to be submitted to it specifically. It's possible that Disney and Brukheimer have chosen to do that intentionally, on no one has gotten around with it. In either case, it wouldn't be the first time.

But as I mentioned before, I did have some back and forth with the writer and he did confirm he was writing it.
Maryann
Adventurer

Unread post by Maryann »

Things are moving forward, the writer is working on a script, no one knows if the script will be good, bad or indifferent. News will be posted as soon as Kev and crew are allowed to.
Snoopy and Charlie Brown are (c) Peanuts Worldwide.
"Besser ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende." ( A frightening end is better than an endless fright) -- Nelly
You called down the thunder, well now you got it!
Oh what A tangled web we weave ...

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Thoughtful1 wrote:There was a press release on Palladium's website on December 31st that said this:

"The Rifts® Movie. Maybe it’s wishful thinking, but we have good vibes about the Rifts® movie. If Jerry Bruckheimer decides to make an epic sci-fi Rifts® Movie, everything changes. It’s been 8 years since the option was signed, and JB Films liked Rawson Marshall Thurber’s first draft screenplay. Could a major motion picture be part of Palladium’s future? We hope so."

That is an official statement from a party that is in a position to give official statements.

While Bruckheimer's not officially supported such a statement, he's also not contradicted it. I would expect that were this statement significantly inaccurate he might either put up his own correction or contact Palladium Books and ask for a retraction.

IMDB is not an official site for anybody. It's kind of like Wikipedia - usually right but not a reliable primary source. Presence or Absence of information on that site is not solid proof.

So at this point officially the movie has moved as far forwards as a first draft of the screenplay. Hearsay indicates it may have been moving farther along, but we don't seem to have official confirmation of that from either company involved.

If this is inadequate proof for some, regrettably that is all for the official statements out there at the moment. There may not be supporting official statements form other folks who know, but there are just as importantly not contradicting statements either.

Please remember when phrasing your comments and questions to avoid statements that may be confused with an attack on any person or company. In particular address points to the topic itself, not to a specific individual.

Just a note to those of you who have spoken to those officially in the know, but are not directly part of the project, especially those not actively a part of Palladium Books: Please preface your comments as such to prevent confusion over what is established fact and what is people saying what they have heard. Statements like "I talked to the writer and . . . " or "I talked to Kevin and . . ." are very useful.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

Honestly Ninja, I don't really know what you're looking for here to be honest. You've been given as solid a proof as can be given with possibly breaching contract, and yet you say nothing has been provide. If they could tell us more they would. Are you basically going to continue this same line of circular argument until Brukheimer shows up here and personally tells you the movie is being made?

Just a hint, the first Pirates of the Carribean movie didn't end up on JBFilms until the first trailer was made, so just because a rifts movie thing isn't there doesn't mean anything. Just calm down and wait like the rest of us, or try emailing them yourself.
Maryann
Adventurer

Re: What is the real deal

Unread post by Maryann »

I have faith in Kevin and the crew at Palladium. As a fan and believer in the property I'm sure as soon as he has news that can be released to the general public he will post it, until then we'll be patient and wait with dreams of glitterboys on the big screen!
Snoopy and Charlie Brown are (c) Peanuts Worldwide.
"Besser ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende." ( A frightening end is better than an endless fright) -- Nelly
You called down the thunder, well now you got it!
Oh what A tangled web we weave ...

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

As you have said, you have received answers to your question. From the two most official sources possible - Kevin Siembieda and JBFilms. Just because you do not like the answer, does not make them any less official.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Rayven
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rayven »

Jefffar wrote:While Bruckheimer's not officially supported such a statement, he's also not contradicted it.

Bruckheimer has also not stated that he is not the owner of a pr0n studio. Does that mean that he's making adult films? No. So just because he hasn't publicly said "I'm not making a Rifts film" does not mean that he is, in fact, in the process of creating a Rifts film.

What Ninjabunny is saying is that he want's proof from either Kevin, Wayne, or Alex, in the form of "Person X is writing the film, and is in the 2nd draft of the script," or "Jimmy Hobo has accepted the position of director," or something along those lines. I'm sure he'd even accept an official statement from one of those three gentlemen stating "We are sorry, but the project is on hold at the moment, we'll let you know the moment we start the ball rolling again" since that would be more definitive info than we've received in the last 3 years.

I can see where he is coming from in wanting Palladium staff to answer this question themselves. It's easy enough for me to say I've talked to Kevin about it. Doesn't mean that I have since Kevin himself has not confirmed it, but it'd be hard to discredit since Kevin himself has not denied that I have spoken to him. That is why Ninja is not accepting other peoples' statements (at least, that's what I assume).
My Sig Box wrote:Welcome to my pants.~JM_Zen
Prepare to die, rebel scum.~Prettz
That's awesome, you get the Geronimo Award for Customer Service.~Geronimo
My eyelids aren't fat! They're big boned!~Zerebus
listen to Rayven.~Becky
Eating tacos with a friend doesnt make you gay.~Cherico

897 Geek points
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Locked due to the trolling efforts of a few.

Also:

Forum Rules wrote:
Unless your topic is one that everyone or a rather large group of people can participate in, either do not post it or leave it in "Private Messages" or go to a "chat room." Do not relay personal messages and information on the "open" boards unless they pertain to the topic of the thread. Threads opened to create simple conversation will be removed. If you want to chat, use the Palladium chatrooms or an Instant Message client.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again

Return to “Rifts® Movie”