Rifts Movie Trailer on YouTube

For talk about the upcoming Rifts Movie.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Rifts Movie Trailer on YouTube

Unread post by Spinachcat »

You may have already seen this. A fan did a collage of images put to music to represent a Rifts movie trailer. Nothing amazing, but fun. These kinds of things are very good for publicity. YouTube is the biggest advertising tool out there and certainly the Rifts imagery is a great selling point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G9F8bVFHMs
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Re: Rifts Movie Trailer on YouTube

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

If a pitty that the old 3D video isn't on you tube. That was pretty cool. It came out before things like poser and other 3d animation tools, and was impressive for the time. Anyone else remember it?
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

Prince Artemis wrote:If a pitty that the old 3D video isn't on you tube. That was pretty cool. It came out before things like poser and other 3d animation tools, and was impressive for the time. Anyone else remember it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYofKIBE ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We5f-f_H ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRfWta6x ... re=related
one of those
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

dragon_blaze_99 wrote:
Prince Artemis wrote:If a pitty that the old 3D video isn't on you tube. That was pretty cool. It came out before things like poser and other 3d animation tools, and was impressive for the time. Anyone else remember it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYofKIBE ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We5f-f_H ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRfWta6x ... re=related
one of those

Nope. It's basically a series of land scapes strung together to really sell the post-apoc atmosphere of rifts. too bad it was never finished.
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

Good trailer. If a life action movie is unlikely at the moment I'd like to see Palladium get a animated or CGI series of movies going, even if it was straight to video. Think how cool a Rifts or Splicers toy line could be.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Nice :ok:

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
everloss
Explorer

Unread post by everloss »

runebeo wrote:Good trailer. If a life action movie is unlikely at the moment I'd like to see Palladium get a animated or CGI series of movies going, even if it was straight to video. Think how cool a Rifts or Splicers toy line could be.

an animated movie would be the smart choice. look at the recent Marvel and DC straight to DVD movies of Hulk vs Wolverine and Justice League. well done, and CHEAP to make.

without actual support, and let's face it, a Rifts live action movie wouldn't be given a lot of money from a studio, would get a hack director, hack actors, and probably 5 different hack writers. it would be like a Bloodrayne sequel.

D&D had a tv show, and at least 2 movies. even though one of the movies was made to discredit the RPG industry, publicity is publicity.

Rifts is third in the market place behind D&D and WoD. and judging by fan-sites and message boards, it is a very distant third. no studio is going to put in major effort in a brand that doesn't already have a firm market share.

heck, even the most well known cartoon in the world was recently made into the worst movie ever made!

Big Kev should get his option back and hook up with an animation studio. get a couple straight to DVD movies out there and further establish Rifts in the market place before even thinking about a live action movie. make a deal with Dark Horse and get some comics out there, sell some toys (and not "figures," that idea was doomed from the start. no one bought em cause Rifts isn't a game for minis)

all "Jerry Bruckheimer" is doing is paying a negligible amount for a license that he never had any serious intention of bringing to light; just keeping someone else from picking it up.
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

everloss wrote:
runebeo wrote:Good trailer. If a life action movie is unlikely at the moment I'd like to see Palladium get a animated or CGI series of movies going, even if it was straight to video. Think how cool a Rifts or Splicers toy line could be.

an animated movie would be the smart choice. look at the recent Marvel and DC straight to DVD movies of Hulk vs Wolverine and Justice League. well done, and CHEAP to make.

without actual support, and let's face it, a Rifts live action movie wouldn't be given a lot of money from a studio, would get a hack director, hack actors, and probably 5 different hack writers. it would be like a Bloodrayne sequel.

D&D had a tv show, and at least 2 movies. even though one of the movies was made to discredit the RPG industry, publicity is publicity.

Rifts is third in the market place behind D&D and WoD. and judging by fan-sites and message boards, it is a very distant third. no studio is going to put in major effort in a brand that doesn't already have a firm market share.

heck, even the most well known cartoon in the world was recently made into the worst movie ever made!

Big Kev should get his option back and hook up with an animation studio. get a couple straight to DVD movies out there and further establish Rifts in the market place before even thinking about a live action movie. make a deal with Dark Horse and get some comics out there, sell some toys (and not "figures," that idea was doomed from the start. no one bought em cause Rifts isn't a game for minis)

all "Jerry Bruckheimer" is doing is paying a negligible amount for a license that he never had any serious intention of bringing to light; just keeping someone else from picking it up.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :angel:
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
Overlord Rikonius
Hero
Comment: I'm basically a sexy Rasputin!

Unread post by Overlord Rikonius »

Roll 3d6 wrote:Thank you all for your support of my video.

Roll 3d6

P.S. I just finished a "Nightbane" trailer. Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKt9tAcn1tQ

That one is awesome :)
GP: 16,019.8 / JP: 30 / MZP: 75
"Overlord Rikonius is the Roland Deschain of Bad Puns, he fires them off that fast" - CornholioPrime
"Rik is a deep and abundant reservoir of cool..." - Yisterwald
Party hydrants strive when they have a sorority backed by beige regurgitations.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

everloss wrote:all "Jerry Bruckheimer" is doing is paying a negligible amount for a license that he never had any serious intention of bringing to light; just keeping someone else from picking it up.

He has already paid for 2 drafts of a script, maybe more. So he has probably dropped at least $500k in development costs, probably much more. Just farting around with an idea in Hollywood usually racks up a few million in development. Producers who just want to sit on options don't pay for scripts. Nor do they renew options after the WGA strike or the current recession where options are being dumped left and right.

Go research Hollywood Reporter and Variety - anyone who wanted to dump an option did so in 2007 or 2008. If anyone has an option now, its because they consider the IP to be valuable.
Overlord Rikonius
Hero
Comment: I'm basically a sexy Rasputin!

Unread post by Overlord Rikonius »

Besides, Rifts in movie form would be eminently marketable.
While not as big as mainstream comic audiences, there is a built-in fan base who really really want to see it get made. And with the giant robots, funky war tech, aliens, magic effects, monsters and explosions, it would be damn near impossible to make a Rifts trailer that didn't have the rest of audience going "Whoa, I may not know the hell that is, it looks freakin' awesome!"
GP: 16,019.8 / JP: 30 / MZP: 75
"Overlord Rikonius is the Roland Deschain of Bad Puns, he fires them off that fast" - CornholioPrime
"Rik is a deep and abundant reservoir of cool..." - Yisterwald
Party hydrants strive when they have a sorority backed by beige regurgitations.
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

Roll 3d6 wrote:Thank you all for your support of my video.

Roll 3d6

P.S. I just finished a "Nightbane" trailer. Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKt9tAcn1tQ

its ok but i like your Batman gets smart :D
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle

Return to “Rifts® Movie”