Kaiju Farm

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Warriors of the Megaverse Unite !

Re: Kaiju Farm

Unread post by Princedarkstorm »

Blink .
"Good point "
I shoot Gino in the head .
[Watching GODZILLA FINAL WARS ] :D
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

Princedarkstorm wrote:[Watching GODZILLA FINAL WARS ] :D

Best line in that whole movie
Spoiler:
is when GINO gets EASILY wasted and
the alien commander says: "I knew that tuna eating lizard wasn't worth a d*mn!"
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

Yep
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Are you talking about the big G himself? I've never seen that movie.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

The Big G killed Gino .
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Aramanthus wrote:Are you talking about the big G himself? I've never seen that movie.

Here it is, in all its glory: the real G vs. the imposter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOISbaA2G18
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

Bravo !
But are drifting off course here ?
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

We most certainly are. :x
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

Quick! Someone post a crossover with a Paper Thin Disguise! Zodgilla perhaps? Chema-Dozligla? Dorna? Lassie....no...thats not it....
:lol:
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

89er wrote:We most certainly are. :x

We are, and I apologize for a momentary highjacking of the thread.

Let me get us back on topic with this beauty:

http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs32/f/2008/226/c/7/Jirass_Neo_Constest_Entery_by_Godzilla_Kaiju.jpg

Aramanthus
Monk

Nice artwork! Thank you for sharing it with us!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

Spinachcat wrote:THIS is a wonderful idea!

Of course...what will the Machine counter with?

Could it be Mecha-Kaiju?

Having You been peaking into my Dark portfolio of secrets ... ? :eek:
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

Guy_LeDouche wrote:
89er wrote:We most certainly are. :x

We are, and I apologize for a momentary highjacking of the thread.

Let me get us back on topic with this beauty:

http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs32/f/2008/226/c/7/Jirass_Neo_Constest_Entery_by_Godzilla_Kaiju.jpg

Great artwork !
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Premier wrote:

Could it be Mecha-Kaiju?

I have. :-D
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Premier wrote:

Could it be Mecha-Kaiju?

Bigger target....
Centerpieces of EPIC land battles...
Nukes and organic fuel-air explosives...robot and organic drones swarming at each other...Elite Robots and Dreadguard duking it out...and in the center, the gigantic avatars of Destruction clash!

Even if she loses, Kali will be pleased with the scale of destruction...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Guy_LeDouche wrote:

Could it be Mecha-Kaiju?

:twisted: As pointed above, it would a massive waste of resources. But, who cares?

DEFINATELY Mecha or Bio-Mechanic Kaiju!!!! Even better, to steal a page from Godzilla, the Machine's Bio-Mechanical Kaiju are built using the bones or DNA of defeated Splicer Kaiju. This way, the Machine could somehow harness the genetic memory of Resistance tactics, hideouts, leaders, etc. A few pics for inspiration:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/godzilla/images/1/19/Kiryu_Neo.jpg
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/godzilla/images/8/89/Mechagodzilla_Neo.jpg
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/godzilla/images/7/7a/Cyber_Godzilla.jpg

Guy I totally agree with you! This would be indeed a huge strain on resources!

In thinking about such large Kaiju beast however, you also could get some resource benefits as well. Such large beast would release a good load of dung & or waste material that could be easily harvested for other Bio-tech weaponry, resources and fertilizer. I could easily see loading Casting Cannons and even Casting Rail-guns with this excess material or to use like methane to help power the Havens. Even more is the idea of a Kaiju that is able to go into a Rival House’s territory to steal/consume a load of resources by using the Kaiju(s) to do it. Depleting an enemy’s resources can play out very strategically in a long-term scenario.

When the Kaiju are not in use, activate their Hibernation sequences and let their bodies feed off of what is stored to sustain them until you re-awaken them again. The key is that they would need to awaken frequent enough to sustain themselves, but the effects of gorging out on an enemy’s territory can be tremendous. Modern day farmers have large herds of cattle that devour large fields of flora & grass and trespass into wild lands eventually usurping the other wildlife or challenges them for food and resources, sometimes forcing displacement. Even a Kaiju herbivore could be as devastating as major Deforestation. Imagine this happening to a House’s territory where the deep forest cover is blown and removed or so devastated that there is very little to scurry behind for cover, deploy from or to feed your Warmounts & armament. Even natural prey species will leave the area eventually if there is little food for them. No prey species, means starving out some Splicers or at least forces them to expend more energy & resources to go further out to seek some.

As to sustaining a large Kaiju if you aren’t using your own resources and you aren’t eating your rival’s resources, there is also the use of metabolisms to sustain the Kaiju & how much energy it expends to carry out its functionality.

For example:
A Kaiju that has photosynthesis could simply feed by basking & charging up in the sun, soaking up major ultraviolet rays to carry out its task before dusk or nightfall (Ultraman X Godzilla). A Kaiju herbivore could feed off of kelp beds, oceanic algae and plant life quite easily. Even a carnivore or omnivore Kaiju could be successfully sustained via the ocean wildlife that is seemingly abundant. Some of the largest beasts on Earth feed off of billions of microscopic krill. Could shoals and schools of fish also support the diet for such large Kaiju with the occasional large squid, seals, whales, sharks or what have you to exercise & sustain the musculature, bones, teeth, claws, horns, armor, etc. The ocean also would provide an excellent storage space for Kaiju, as they are vast and not easily accessible for the Machines. The key IMHO is to avoid leaving your Kaiju exposed to the Machine or rival Houses for long durations. Get them in, let them do their thang and get them back out to sea.

Kaiju in Splicers is just serious business & loads of fun as long as the consequences are also kept in checks & balances:

A. The Nuclear weapon mentality that we have in modern day politics simply carried over into the Kaiju ideology. Construct weapons for an impending doom that you hope you never have to use; yet it empowers your positioning against your would-be rivals. Having Kaiju War beasts or being linked to a House that does would make others think twice about meddling with your major resources.

B. This second one gets nasty. I can say that we have revealed before one of the nasties that will be in the Sourcebook and so it comes to no surprise that you will see it here. The machines would likely excel in using Kaiju sized machina better than Splicers would and this is something Splicers should be cautiously mindful of, as the machines only need nuclear power reactors to run theirs. While, Splicers has to grow theirs, the Machine can build, augment, repair and replicate theirs quicker and with less sacrifice of resources & training, so be very careful if arming the machine with them. Mecha Kaiju under the helm of Kali could literally be astronomical in devastation, scorching the land’s resources or simply consuming them purposely to starve the Splicer Resistance. Surely some of the other N.E.X.U.S. Personalities might have conflicting issues with this, which makes for some nice interaction revealed in the field as well. Such Kaiju Mecha would be a good idea for GMs to use in campaigns once a Haven or Seedling is located as well. Can anyone just imagine what a nasty NEXUS Kiryu that has borrowed into a haven would be like, let alone if Other machines were on the outside and working their way into the tunnels to slay or capture those trying to escape. Let’s not mention that “if” underground, you can’t afford to bring the ceiling atop of you nor do you want to scatter that much metal over so many innocent people including yourself, so what is conducted to bring the thing down must be carefully orchestrated. Oh that would be such a killer HLS (hint, hint). Even Krakens along the shore would be forced to go further out to sea to launch their regiments successfully to avoid the heavy bombardment that could be returned by a Mecha Kaiju standing knee deep at the shoreline. Oh & Archangels don’t get cocky, lol. We’ve got something wicked that comes your way as well. The Palladium family saw it at the OH and I think anyone who saw it can easily say dog-fighting will never be the same, WHAAAHHAHAHAHA.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Premier wrote:

Could it be Mecha-Kaiju?

I have. :-D

OHH thats right you did see that, :lol:
Quantum07
Explorer

Unread post by Quantum07 »

I just want to say, I'm scared. Things this size could destroy the world. Then House Shiva wins. No one wants that, do we?
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

Quantum07 wrote:I just want to say, I'm scared. Things this size could destroy the world. Then House Shiva wins. No one wants that, do we?

I agree !
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

The fact that you phear them, means they already have. :nh: I personally, already have them building the Sansarkhana(sp?). It will just take like 50 years to grow, once they start it. they are just in the development stages now. :twisted:
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Quantum07
Explorer

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:The fact that you phear them, means they already have. :nh: I personally, already have them building the Sansarkhana(sp?). It will just take like 50 years to grow, once they start it. they are just in the development stages now. :twisted:

Still gotta find my house ;) And just like nukes, once one person starts, everyone will make one. And my ooze grows faster :puke: Not to mention the Retribution Gland, which I still need to post :frust:
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Just wait till you see whhat I have in store for the world. You'll be so scared you'll "cast" all over the person in front of you. :x :lol:

Aramanthus
Monk

You just need to have someone else besides House Shiva create it. Then it would not be the end of the world.

HH....FIE
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

Very True !
Death to House Shiva !
Aramanthus
Monk

Death to HOUSE SHIVAand NEXUS!!!!!! :D

HH....FIE
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

Princedarkstorm wrote:Very True !
Death to House Shiva !

I just don't understand why everyone roots against the only true, noble, and righteous saviors of humanity in the wild and war-torn world of Splicers.

:wink:
Insert 400 character limit here.
Aramanthus
Monk

I'll root for anyone else, but those two! :D

HH....FIE
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Well, Shiva believes that since humanity created NEXUS, they are the true source of evil.

Don't forget, Shiva still hates the Machine, it just hates humanity more. :eek:
Aramanthus
Monk

That may be so, but I will not support them! Shiva will always be someone I'll root against!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Todd Yoho wrote:
Princedarkstorm wrote:Very True !
Death to House Shiva !

I just don't understand why everyone roots against the only true, noble, and righteous saviors of humanity in the wild and war-torn world of Splicers.

:wink:

Because they cornered a cool name and mythos to go along with their psycho personalities, leaving the rest of the nihilist wannabes grubbing for something more impressive?

"Yeah, yeah, those House Shiva clods ain't nothing! Wait 'til you see what WE'RE capable of! Wait until House...what did we agree we were going to call ourselves again?...."
"Last time it was a toss-up between House DethWombat and House Blud..."
"What the ..?! What happened to my suggestion of House Reaper?! So we could all carry bone-blades and scythes!?"
"Lawrence isn't into the whole 'hoodie' thing..."
"Well, ____ Lawrence! He wanted to go with 'House Skeletor'! LIke people are going to fear us if we call ourselves that!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::after several minutes there's a knock on the door. The knock repeats after several minutes. When no one answers the door it opens revealing a scrawny looking man wearing an oversized suit.::: "We represent the House Eternian and forbid your use of that particular name. Since it is an evil and unforgivable person."

:D

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

I thought N.E.X.U.S. killed all the lawyers...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Quantum07
Explorer

taalismn wrote:I thought N.E.X.U.S. killed all the lawyers...

Even on a world with little or no magic, it is hard to get rid of all those blood-sucking vampires.
Aramanthus
Monk

Hey. Maybe they have a branch of CLones"RUS in this dimension! :D

HH....FIE
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

I seem to have inspired Giant Monsters thoughts :D

You see after the Kaiju Warmounts were invented. They turned the War in favor of the humans.
An Insane Librarian and Warlord of an unknown House started to create Kaiju that could self-breed to use against their rivial houses. The unholy terrors swarmed the great G-Zilla, etc... with shear numbers in the hundreds, maybe thousands.

Several Houses banded together to produce a savior for mankind. They created four guardians. One for the North, South, East, and West. The guardian of the South was a "Firebird". The guardian of the North a "Turtle", The guardian of the east a "Tiger", and the guardian of the west a "dragon". The West guardian fell first. The guardian of the North was forced to kill the guardian of the South. Noone knows what happened to the East guardian.

Yes, I am a Gamera fan. The gamera film from the 1990s were so much better than the godzilla 1990s films.

http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Gamera
http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Irys

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamera
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamera_3:_ ... ng_of_Irys
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamera_2:_Advent_of_Legion
http://www.h2.dion.ne.jp/~magara/gamera.jpg
http://www.daneofwar.com/2008/01/kaiju- ... an-of.html
http://th05.deviantart.net/fs27/300W/i/ ... uverse.jpg
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Aramanthus
Monk

Nice links to Gamera pics and links.

HH....FIE
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Just in case anyone is still interested, I have a fun new idea for KAIJU.

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Do it.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
taalismn
Priest

Yeah, by all means...unleash Big Evil Monster on already dark, depressing, world... :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

taalismn wrote:Yeah, by all means...unleash Big Evil Monster on already dark, depressing, world... :bandit:

Not big evil monster, big anarchist monster. Or maybe unprincipled. I have a lot to do still, I might be cool though. I haven't gotten any complaints on my stuff yet. Hopefully, people will like it's secondary function as much as its primary.

Aramanthus
Monk

PLease! We're looking forward to seeing some new material.

HH....FIE
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

+Blows off dust+

Holy creps! How long has it been since this has been updated?

+Starts giving CPR+

"Breathe, blastnation, breathe!!"

So, any new ideas?
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

*Gasp*

oops, forgot about this.

got my splicers back, might as well see what i can do.

GlitterKnight
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by GlitterKnight »

I absolutely love this idea! The Kraken in the Rifter article was actually my introduction to Splicers, and I still have yet to find a copy! Curses!

But I think the nuclear weapon analogy is perfect; once one House has a kaiju, everyone will want and think they need one. The Kraken is by itself not the worst thing that could have been made; it's mostly an aircraft carrier/troop transport and warship. It's weapons are mostly defensive, since it is not supposed to face the hordes of the Machine in open battle. This could be the House's argument when other Houses want to know why they decided to tip the balance of power by making something like this and not sharing the bio technology.

But you could, however, make kaiju that ARE for that purpose. I like the nuclear metabolism idea a lot; then you could make a kaiju or warmount that had to hunt down nuclear powered robots and power stations to devour their hearts (power plants)! That would make it really badly obvious though; the Machine will notice when a big goddamn monster eats all its nuclear power farms in an area, and send in the cavalry.

However, once you make nuclear POWERED kaiju and warmounts, how much of a stretch will it be to make organic plutonium refinement technologies and make nuclear bio-organic missiles, or other delivery systems? Who wouldn't argue for such bio-tech, especially if the goal was a clean nuke with enhanced EMP powers? Wipe out the machines, preserve the environment? Radiological metabolism warmounts might be the thing that wins the war, if you can weaponize the EMP effectively. Personally, I'd want to make a giant T-Rex derived kaiju that eats plutonium and uranium, and has a might radioactive breath weapon that's all kinds of high energy waves and EMP and stuff; basically destroys electronics in it's path. Also irradiates the crap out of everything. Casualties of war and all that. Shiva getting a hold of nuclear metabolism kaiju would be sort of their end game; just nuke the other Havens with tunneling worm kaiju that will then explode, once they reach their target.

Really I think the kaiju will be the weapon of last resort; once you awaken and unleash the beast, it will become a huge target and will probably eventually go down by sheer weight of numbers. But it may just save your Haven, giving you time to evacuate. More long term useful ones will probably have to be aquatic like the Kraken, so they can hide in the ocean and feed on its abundant food sources to feed their massive hunger. You would probably have to keep them in comas and hibernation for the most part, and only awaken them when you need their power.

The Machine would eventually counter, probably by making an actual naval force to pursue humanity into the oceans. But Kali and other personalities might do something crazy like make Mecha Kaiju, so you can have Kaiju Big Battle!
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

perhaps you could make these super-organisms with two forms of metabolism?
the basic, common type would be variations on the normal metabolisms. these would be kinda sluggish and slow on their own. but add in a "power-leech", a slug like organism, which stores power/nutrients/hormones, and when attached to the 'Kaiju' acts as a booster to make it more active for a short time.
the second, and rare-if-not-never-seen, option would be the atomic metabolism. one with high costs and which is almost never used, due to the dangers of those creatures running amok.
(and yes, i did sorta steal the first one from Neon Genesis Evangelion...Eva's just seem to fit the concept being talked about here....)

i don't think you could engineer "bio-nukes" using an atomic metabolism. your basically just engineering an organic fission powerplant, generating energy to support the bodies processes via radioactive decay.
and of course, engineering a "bio-processor" to refine heavy metals runs into the issue of the nanite plague. presumably even the kaiju would suffer some ill effects from having so much fissionables (which are metals) in their systems. perhaps an atomic metabolism has a limited lifespan before the nanite plague kills off the creature fro mthe inside out....
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
GlitterKnight
Dungeon Crawler

Good point. Heavy metals inside the kaiju would probably have bad effects, neglecting to even think of the nanite plague. But if we were going off the idea that someone had developed the Radiatii (love that name) who had a radiation resistant BIO-E power, then it would kind of not be a problem anymore. It's sort of handwavium, but what isn't really?

A dirty organic nuke might just be what the Librarian ordered however. A short lived kaiju that starts its lifecycle once they feed it enough fissionable nuclear materials, and then the House unleashes it against it's Machine target, it spewing radioactive waste and leaking radiation the whole time. It wouldn't be the most dangerous fighter, just good enough to survive the trip to the target and then unleash it's nuclear payload.

...Why is this idea changing in my head from Godzilla to Mothra? It crawls as a heavily armored caterpillar monster to it's target, weaves a chrysalis that's MDC impregnable, then starts working it's bio-radiological stuff until it goes off. Like a real nuclear missile, it was in a super hardened shell to contain the blast momentarily, to make it even more powerful!

I need to go brush up on my nuclear physics...

Also, thanks for posting! :)
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

well, in terms of metabolism you might want ot look at the black moss living inside the chernobyl reactor. it uses radiation the way plants use light.

my main point is that you don't need critical masses of fissionable materials to make this work. in fact, it works best if they're spread out throughout the body. making a nuclear bomb work is not an easy thing, and frankly, you've already got giant monsters rampaging around doing Megadamage. a nuke wouldn't really do too much more damage. plus a nuke is something the machine would be expectiting, know how ot cope with. giant monsters? not so much. :)

the idea of them as a "super-weapon" is certainly viable though. something the great houses pull out to support a major push against the machine, to take out bases or facilities. unlike the normal stuff, which has to be used carefully because of the major imbalance of military power. the kaiju are "silver bullets", to use a military slang term. expensive and powerful advantages, but ones too valuable to get in bulk or use except in the most vital of tasks.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
GlitterKnight
Dungeon Crawler

So yeah, if we're looking for a basis for radiation resistant Splicers, this kind of bacteria is the model I think.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 010203.php

Radiation damages living creatures by bombarding their cells with high energy particles and disrupting their DNA chains, which this bacteria resists by having its DNA in a ring rather than a chain, and being able to fix holes in it more than other organisms. So a simple Bio power of Radiation Resistance isn't that complex.

Now as for radiation eating metabolism, this article is very helpful.

http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/features/ ... ent-spring

As the article explains, the black fungus that grows in the Chernobyl reactor is full of melanin, which creates its dark color. So basically the fungus feeds off the energy the radioactive particles give off by absorbing them through its dark surface. So this is the basis for the Radiatii I think; the Radiosynthetic Metabolism.

This is ball parking, because I'm new to Splicers and I'm not sure how powerful this metabolism will be.

I'm thinking a requirement for either six hours in an area of high background radiation (old nuclear power plant, nuked city ruins) or the consumption of 5-10 lbs of radioactive or fissionable material. I don't know how realistic this is, but it's kind of the idea that I'm going for. Either you have to bask in some radioactive wasteland for a few hours like the photosynthetic metabolism, or you have to consume a very rare and potent foodstuff. We'd need to better define radioactive levels, and how much radiation the Radiosynthetic Metabolism needs.

The BIO-E bonus should be 15-25 I'm thinking; it can be an ambient environment absorption but it's an environment harder to get access to than sunlight or heat. I really like the idea of being able to eat uranium or plutonium, but I don't know how you'd get the chance to get any. I think it would be cool to rip the nuclear hearts out of the Machine's robots and eat them, but they're not really powered by nuclear power plants are they? And the Power Farms aren't generally nuclear either. If I leave out the eating of fissionable or radioactive materials part, I think the BIO-E point bonus should go up.

For a unique sense, I want to stat up a Geiger counter sense for it, and add that in as a Bio enhancement.

For it's special ability, like the lithovore's caster pellets being more damaging, I would say it adds damage, like +6 to the Bio-Energy Expulsion Vent weapons, as well as giving them a greenish tint. :-D

Coloration would be black or other dark color, totally matte. Perhpas also tinged with green. The penalty would be thermal; a Radiosynthetic Metabolic system would make your armor burn hotter, though I don't think it would trip geiger counters itself; the whole point is to absorb the radiation.

Thoughts?
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

I just checked on the Agro-War Topic, and their getting an article in the Rifter 50.

IF we work on this topic it could become an article!!!

So what say you all?
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

I'm in. I will work on finishing my kaiju, and might take a crack at the radiation metabolism, though we should get the guy who did slagovore to do it.

Return to “Splicers®”