Need help with my letter to JB

For talk about the upcoming Rifts Movie.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Need help with my letter to JB

Unread post by mobuttu »

English not being my mother language, I'd like for any of you to help me write it. Here's what I tried. Could you please review it for grammar/spelling errors. Thanks

Dear Mr. Bruckheimer,

I’ve read your are interested in doing a Rifts movie.

PLEASE DO IT!

I’m a huge fan of both Rifts role-playing game and your works on such productions as CSI, Pirates of the Caribbean, Black Hawk, etc. (In fact, I have been following your carrier since Top Gun.)

I’m writing to tell you that I would really like to see a Rifts movie full of action and drama, and I’m sure only a producer like you can take the most of the Rifts setting richness.

Rifts it’s the top-notch combination of Fantasy and Sci-fi genres in a blend (I bet) never before seen in any movie, that can like both Rifts fans and a wide broad of audience.

So, again, Please do it, I’m sure you’ll never regret.

Thanks for your attention.

Sincerely,
Last edited by mobuttu on Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Re: New help with my letter to JB

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

mobuttu wrote:English not being my mother language, I'd like for any of you to help me write it. Here's what I tried. Could you please review it for grammar/spelling errors. Thanks

Dear Mr. Bruckheimer,

I’ve read your are interested in doing a Rifts movie.

PLEASE DO IT!

I’m a huge fan of both the Rifts role-playing game and your work on such productions as CSI, Pirates of the Caribbean, Black Hawk, etc. In fact, I have been following your carrier since Top Gun.

I’m writing to tell you that I would really like to see a Rifts movie full of action and drama, and I’m sure only a producer like you can make the most of the rich Rifts setting .

Rifts is a top-notch combination of Fantasy and Sci-fi genres in a blend I bet has never been seen before in any movie. I'm sure that it will be enjoyed by both Rifts fans and a much broader of audience.

So, again, please do it, I’m sure you’ll never regret it.

Thanks for your attention.

Sincerely,

I edited it directly to be a little clearer for English, but honestly there wasn't that much to fix.
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Re: New help with my letter to JB

Unread post by mobuttu »

Thank you very much! :-D
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Re: Need help with my letter to JB

Unread post by Xar »

"carrier" should be "career."

I suggest the following revision of one paragraph.

"Rifts is a top-notch combination of Fantasy and Sci-fi genres in a blend I bet has never been seen before in any movie. I'm sure that it will be enjoyed by Rifts fans and will also appeal to several other audiences as well."
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

CommonDialog wrote:
Xar wrote:"carrier" should be "career."

"Rifts is a top-notch combination of Fantasy and Sci-fi genres in a blend I bet has never been seen before in any movie. I'm sure that it will be enjoyed by Rifts fans and will also appeal to several other audiences as well."

Just my 2 cents...isn't there already a form letter? I'd use that so as to not get Kev in trouble.

I posted about it doing the letter drive a few days before Kevin and this guy was writing his letter before Kevin posted.

Besides, writing original letters isn't something that would get kev in trouble.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

CommonDialog wrote:
Xar wrote:"carrier" should be "career."

Just my 2 cents...isn't there already a form letter? I'd use that so as to not get Kev in trouble.

Wrote and original letter and Kevin had no problem with it. Also an original letter shows more effort on your part and hence more passionate about it.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection

Return to “Rifts® Movie”