Modern Vehicle PDF

10101010: Site is secure. Move on to the next, secure and deactivate. Await further orders from Swarmlord.
2009: Let the Hunt Begin.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

JTwig
Adventurer
Comment: Molon Labe

Modern Vehicle PDF

Unread post by JTwig »

I've been working on stating out a lot of modern vehicles for Palladium S.D.C. games (originally for HU2, but excellent for System Failure and N&SS). It is a continuing work, and I'm always adding more to it.

So far I gotten stats for the vehicles listed below (all stats derived from Wikipedia, so accuracy may vary).

Aircraft:
Cobra
Apache
Blackhawk
Tomcat
Fighting Falcon (not quite finished, but 90% done)

Armored:
Abrams
Bradley

Artillery:
M102 (105mm)
M119 (105mm)
M198 (155mm)

I hope to add the A10 Warthog, F-18, Spector Gunship, and a few Coast Guard and Naval vessels in the next few months (only small craft, nothing large). Like I said the list is ever expanding, and I'm currently focusing on some of the more prominent U.S. vehicles and equipment, but hope to be adding some British, and Russian in the near future.

If anyone is interested in a copy PM me your email address, and I'll shoot you the PDF.
JTwig
Adventurer

Unread post by JTwig »

Phalanx wrote:I would definitely like to see how your Black Hawk stats compare with mine as they were published in Rifter #38. IIRC, the Huey Cobra is in the SF book and the A-10 and Spectre are in another Rifter, the same article with the Flyboy OCC. Those comparisons would be interesting to make, also.

At the very least, the "teen" series fighters would be useful for Bugged Air Force and Navy units. :D

My email is in my profile.

I haven't seen your stats for the Blackhawk, haven't seen anything in any of the rifters past #32. I've been handing out this PDF for about a year know, and have sent several PDFs to other posters on the boards in the past (originally posted in the GM forum a long time ago).

As for the Cobra posted in the SF book, it left a lot to be desired. Palladium tends to lump all attack helicopters togethers and say they have similar stats and have stats vary wildly for weapon damage.

My version of the A-10 might not be that different than the one from the Rifter (one of my favorite issues), but my stats for the Spector will have significant difference (mainly in weapon stats, as I use a consistent set of damage ratings for weapon calibers, you won't find a .50 cal doing 1d4x10 on one vehicle and 1d6x10 on another).

I also use a system I call Military Armor, which is rated from grade one to grade five. Each grade allows the vehicle to ignore damage under its rating (not damage reduction, if damage is over its rating the vehicle takes full damage).

Grade One 10pts
Grade Two 20pts
Grade Three 30pts
Grade Four 40pts
Grade Five 50pts

Theoretically this could go beyond this for larger vehicles, such as large navel vessels.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

could you email this to me too?
nmi@thedeificnmi.com
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

JTwig wrote:I also use a system I call Military Armor, which is rated from grade one to grade five. Each grade allows the vehicle to ignore damage under its rating (not damage reduction, if damage is over its rating the vehicle takes full damage).

Grade One 10pts
Grade Two 20pts
Grade Three 30pts
Grade Four 40pts
Grade Five 50pts

Theoretically this could go beyond this for larger vehicles, such as large navel vessels.
Wayne B. uses something like this for his Atorian Empire armor. Except in increments of 5 pts.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

I want to take a look at it for I am a fan of the AH-1Z "KingCobra" and it's ilk. There is nothing like the look on a player's face when a Gunship unmasks and hammers their position.

Then again I'm already trying to fix the Aircraft stats that are found in Mercops.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
JTwig
Adventurer

Unread post by JTwig »

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
JTwig wrote:I also use a system I call Military Armor, which is rated from grade one to grade five. Each grade allows the vehicle to ignore damage under its rating (not damage reduction, if damage is over its rating the vehicle takes full damage).

Grade One 10pts
Grade Two 20pts
Grade Three 30pts
Grade Four 40pts
Grade Five 50pts

Wayne B. uses something like this for his Atorian Empire armor. Except in increments of 5 pts.

Thats were the idea came from. It was mentioned to me in an email/PM, though not explained full and I thought it was an excellent way to represent "M.D.C." toughness in an S.D.C. world, especially for my converting Rifts to S.D.C., so I came up with my own systems for it. Sorry if I gave the impression that it was my original idea. Also, thanks for the tease for the Atorian Empire book (man I can't wait for it to get here already).
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I still havent recieved a copy of this. Could someone who has it, send it to me? deific.nmi@gmail.com
Kirbinator
D-Bee

Unread post by Kirbinator »

I would like to see it too. vanclink@msn.com
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

:D Hey, I'd like a copy of this too!! ArnoldD69@Yahoo.com
JTwig
Adventurer

Unread post by JTwig »

For all of those who have requested a copy of the PDF, I will get it out as soon as I can. I lost my USB drive that the file was on, but know it is somewhere in my house (dam kids). As soon as I find it I will send it out.

Sorry and thank you for waiting.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

JTwig wrote:For all of those who have requested a copy of the PDF, I will get it out as soon as I can. I lost my USB drive that the file was on, but know it is somewhere in my house (dam kids). As soon as I find it I will send it out.

Sorry and thank you for waiting.
trying to email you a copy of what you sent me.
bigbobsr6000
Hero

Unread post by bigbobsr6000 »

I would like a copy also, if you please, thanks, Big Bob......... :D

bigbobsr6000@yahoo.com
Mephisto: You have some morbid fantasies. I like it (okay)
pblackcrow:"If anyone deserves this it's you! (thwak) LOL...All in fun."
Natasha: Bob you're deadly. I like it.
Misfit KotLD: You're Gamer Bi-Polar.
Sanford: Excellent concept, Big Bob!
sasha: I think Bob gets the JUST A GAME award....for life.
Jerell: You sir, are ruthless, and that is why I like you.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I'd like to see it too!

Please email me here.........
[url]Aramanthus@aol.com[/url]
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Please sent me a copy at abtex@ix.netcom.com
Thank you.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Arnie100
Knight

Re: Modern Vehicle PDF

Unread post by Arnie100 »

:D Me would like one too, please! Email: ArnoldD69@Yahoo.com. Thank you, kindly!
They can't see me...Right!?
Aramanthus
Monk

Any updates on this?
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Yendor
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yendor »

Hit me with a copy too please? Curious what you've come up with.
Jockitch74
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Jockitch74 »

Copy would be awesome :D

destroid@hotmail.com
"Knowledge is the key to the universe"
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I wouldnt mind seeing the Stryker vehicle added to this.
highpriestrsw2
Explorer

Unread post by highpriestrsw2 »

I'd personally like to see the new IED proof vehicle the Cougar added to the list.
I'm attempting to stat out some other things like new weapons such as the automated Dragonfire II mortar launcher. (which can be equipped in the striker)
I think I've been watching way too much future weapons on the military channel! :lol:
" Forward Clucky! To battle!"
-MrGiggles
Yendor
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yendor »

Hit me with a copy too? yendorma@gmail.com, thanks.
Beatmeclever
Adventurer

Unread post by Beatmeclever »

Count me in for a copy.

Beatmeclever@Yahoo.com

Thanks
"The impossibility of the world lies in the fact that it has no equivalent anywhere;it cannot be exchanged for anything. The uncertainty of thought lies in the fact that it cannot be exchanged either for truth or for reality. Is it thought which tips the world over into uncertainty, or the other way around? This in itself is part of the uncertainty." - J. Baudrillard
Jefram_denkar
Rifts® Trivia Runner Up

Unread post by Jefram_denkar »

Very much would like a copy.

Jeframdenkar@hotmail.com

Wondering if you would be willing set up one for Canadian Military Vehicles
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_F ... d#Vehicles

Also recommend adding the Lav 25 to your US list (Major vehicle for the US marines and Canada)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LAV_25

Thank you
I've got an advanced pre-rifts energy rifle, A soul drinking rune blade, living bio armor, and a hover truck full of nukes. So why do I feel under equipped for this??? (Sir Joe the Gardner 7th level Ogre Keeper of the garden on his first encounters with the Mechanoids)
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Since the original poster hasnt responded in awhile, I have decided to upload the file he was handing out onto my server.
Folks you can get the file at:

Armor-Aircraft Word Document

Armor-Aircraft Adobe PDF

If the original poster asks, I will take these down.

Enjoy
Beatmeclever
Adventurer

Thanks NMI, that is just what I was looking for.
"The impossibility of the world lies in the fact that it has no equivalent anywhere;it cannot be exchanged for anything. The uncertainty of thought lies in the fact that it cannot be exchanged either for truth or for reality. Is it thought which tips the world over into uncertainty, or the other way around? This in itself is part of the uncertainty." - J. Baudrillard
Aramanthus
Monk

Yeah, I agree! Thank you NMI!

HH....FIE
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Warriors of the Megaverse Unite !

Unread post by Princedarkstorm »

Thank you !
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

is it not to late to get copy too?
unspacy@hotmail.com
thank you
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Beatmeclever
Adventurer

Zino, check the post by NMI just above.
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

Great !
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Beatmeclever wrote:Zino, check the post by NMI just above.

sorry but what is a NMI ? or use a link thingy thanks i am not good at this
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

ZINO wrote:

Scroll back up this thread until you see this: Mr. Deific NMI - it will be located where the name is for your profile, on the left hand side of the screen. That's "NMI"

When you see that look at his post and you will see two links. Click on whichever one you prefer to read, either the word document or the pdf document.
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:
ZINO wrote:

Scroll back up this thread until you see this: Mr. Deific NMI - it will be located where the name is for your profile, on the left hand side of the screen. That's "NMI"

When you see that look at his post and you will see two links. Click on whichever one you prefer to read, either the word document or the pdf document.

WOW THAT'S AWESOME !!!!!!!! THANK YOU :D
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

The pdf is a great boost for my campaign !
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

dont stop with your awsome work and i hope there more :ok:
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

Besides the vehicles can be used for all the Megaversal settings !
Aramanthus
Monk

ANy word from the thread creator recently? I hope he'll come back to this thread someday.

HH....FIE
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

None that I have seen .
Aramanthus
Monk

Still hoping for more material from this thread.
Last edited by Aramanthus on Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

HH....FIE
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

True!
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Posting the file as a PDF makes a great deal of sense. I'll have to save it to my files & look through it. So far, I'm VERY impressed.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

Yes.And it can then be printed up when needed !
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

And besides it can be used in any the MEGAVERSAL settings as well !
Aramanthus
Monk

Which is a good thing, since PB produces a very large Megaversal setting! :D

HH....FIE
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

Very true !
Aramanthus
Monk

I'm know we are glad that PB's game system is a megaversal system. So much you can do with it! :wink:

HH....FIE
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

Very true !
Bob_12
D-Bee

Unread post by Bob_12 »

That link to NMI's site isn't working. Could anyone tell me what the new working link would be? I'm trying to run a SF campaign in a few weeks. Thanks!
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Links have been fixed.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:Links have been fixed.

As he said, these links have been fixed.
Mr. Deific NMI wrote:Folks you can get the file at:

Armor-Aircraft Word Document

Armor-Aircraft Adobe PDF

Enjoy
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D

Return to “Systems Failure™”