Board index » Palladium Books® Multimedia » Rifts® Movie

Post subject: Rifts Movie Talk
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:06 pm

OLD ONE

Rifts® Movie Talk
From Kevin Siembieda, President of Palladium Books
Hey, its been fun reading everyone’s comments, questions, suggestions and thoughts about the Rifts® Movie. Keep ‘em coming. These are exciting times for all of at Palladium Books

Boy you guys and gals, don’t know how glad we are to be able to announce Palladium has finally nailed down the Rifts® Movie deal. It was killing us to keeping it all quiet. Only a handful of folks affiliated with Palladium were in the loop, including Steve "Conan" Trustrum, Shawn "Holy Oak" Hall, Mike "Midnght" Hawthorne, Ramon Perez, Wayne Breaux, Scott Johnson, Bill Coffin, and a few others. Thanks to everyone who bit their tongue and kept it quiet.

There was much celebrating at the Palladium offices when we finally signed the deal. A live action blockbuster movie by industry giants like Jerry Bruckheimer and Walt Disney Pictures is a dream come true. This won’t be a second rate, low budget affair. It means a big budget, the best distribution, top notch special effects and "A-List" director, actors, and quality all the way. From where we sit, it just doesn’t get better than this!

Since everyone who hears the news always has a ton of questions, I thought I’d try to answer a few of the most common ones, though the answers aren’t likely to be very satisfying at this time.

When does filming start and when is the movie going to be released?
Slow down. First, a script needs to be written, actors and a director signed, and pre-production begun. That all takes a little while even if Bruckheimer’s people should jumped on the movie project immediately. Second, even if I could shed some light on these questions, I can’t right now, sorry. You know Hollywood and how that secrecy thing goes. Right now, its mum’s the word.

Who will be acting in it? Who’s directing?
As noted in the prior question, I’m not at liberty to divulge who Jerry Bruckheimer Films is talking to or what their plans are at this time. That secrecy thing again. But as soon as we can spill our guts, you’ll see it in the pages of The Rifter® first, and online, here, second. The Rifter® will be your inside track to the Rifts Movie, even before we post online (at least for most things).

How does all this affect Palladium Books?
Only in the most positive ways. It’s fun, exciting, and should propel Rifts® and Palladium Books firmly into the mainstream. Yes, that’s likely to mean Rifts® toys, model kits, collectible cards, comic books, novels and a whole lot more. It also means Palladium will probably grow and get us to try some new and different things.

In the short term, signing the option for a Rifts® Movie doesn’t have much immediate impact on business. Except for the excitement, anticipation and things boiling under the surface that we can’t yet reveal, it’s pretty much business as usual here at the Palladium offices. Big bucks, mass market licenses and merchandising, as well as the release of the film, are all a few years down the road. Until the movie goes into pre-production and ancillary merchandising deals are announced, there won’t be too much in the way of publicity. As you moviegoers know, most of the hype and merchandise doesn’t start making the news or hitting store shelves until about six months before the movie is released. Personally, we’re hoping Rifts® is destined to hit the silver screen as a blockbuster, science fiction movie that will shake the very foundations of cinema and pop culture.

How much control/approval does Kevin Siembieda have?
On the film, minimal (reasonable consultation). Though I can say that the Bruckheimer folks seem to have a good feel for Rifts® and plan to do a serious science fiction film.

As for merchandise based on the Rifts® Role-Playing Game we have complete control and approval.

Will Palladium Books and/or Kevin Siembieda be moving to Hollywood?
I’ve been told never to say never, but not likely. I love Michigan. This is where all my friends and family reside, and I’ve been to L.A. on several occasions and it’s not my kind of town (now, New York City on the other hand. . . ). Besides, Hollywood doesn’t want me, they want some of my ideas. So while I may be making jaunts to the West Coast from time to time, there’s no reason for me to live there.

Besides (and I’ve already been told by a zillion folks that I’m crazy for saying this), I’m not a Hollywood kinda guy - I love doing role-playing games. That’s what I like to do more than anything in the world. Creating new worlds and strange wonders. While I wouldn’t mind trying my hand at writing novels, doing comic books or even a screenplay, gaming and publishing are in my blood. It’s what I do, and what I expect to continue to do for decades to come. If that makes me crazy (and you wouldn’t be the first to make that accusation), then I’m crazy!

That’s it for now on the movie. When we can say more, we’ll let ya know.

- Kevin Siembieda, 2003

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:41 pm

Champion

WOOO HOOOO!!!! :D :D :D :ok:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:12 pm

Adventurer

mmmmmmmmmmm, I don't think there are words to discrbe how good this is.

Quote:
WOOO HOOOO!!!!

That didn't even do much justice to how f-ing sweet this is. We here on the boards should come up with a new word, or new emoticons :D

Never underestimate someone as insane as I am

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it

"Come Filthy Assistants!!"- Spider Jerusalem

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:02 pm

D-Bee

Ok, everything he told us has already been said EXCEPT for how much control K.S. will have over it and the control of the Rifts merchandise. Where is the really good stuff, like who's going to be apart of this, and especially: who's going to write and direct?

I think that they should get to work on the Rifts PC game now, so it can atleast be released after the movie and have a proper amount of development time to create it.

So, this anouncement, I felt, was kind of a jip because he didn't tell us that much, but atleast we know that the Rifts won't suffer from bad merchandise.

"I'm tired, and I hate to make people scream. It gets me down."
-Sam Fisher, Splinter Cell

"Now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is dumb."
-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

"Are you playing Halo?"

"No, I was just exit polling some...Covenant aliens."

Jon Stewart & Rob Cordry, The Daily Show

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:38 pm

Star_Colonel_Ian wrote:
So, this anouncement, I felt, was kind of a jip because he didn't tell us that much, but atleast we know that the Rifts won't suffer from bad merchandise.

Very likely, he is contractually obligated NOT to say anything other than what he has been cleared to say. I'd be willing to bet there's a LOT of money involved in this, as in any film, and saying the wrong thing at the wrong time can make the whole thing go sour.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:17 am

D-Bee

They still need a script! THERE IS HOPE!!!

:demon: :demon: :ok: :ok:

I don't believe in the no-win scenario.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:11 am

Hero

Star_Colonel_Ian wrote:
Ok, everything he told us has already been said EXCEPT for how much control K.S. will have over it and the control of the Rifts merchandise. Where is the really good stuff, like who's going to be apart of this, and especially: who's going to write and direct?

I think that they should get to work on the Rifts PC game now, so it can atleast be released after the movie and have a proper amount of development time to create it.

Palladium has no control over who is going to be part of this project. Its Mr. Bruckheimers business to announce all the other particulars.

Oh what A tangled web we weave ...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 9:57 am

Champion

Rifts comic book... I like that idea. :ok:

Hey, if you guys (and ladies!) need a colorist when that comes about I'd love a shot at doing it... I have prior experience (and got some positive press in Overstreet's FAN)!

(Yeah, yeah, I know... but what could it hurt to go ahead and speak up now...)

And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 3:04 pm

OLD ONE

Comment: PROUDLY Not a member of the "Cabal of 24"
anastas wrote:
Star_Colonel_Ian wrote:

Very likely, he is contractually obligated NOT to say anything other than what he has been cleared to say. I'd be willing to bet there's a LOT of money involved in this, as in any film, and saying the wrong thing at the wrong time can make the whole thing go sour.

Exactly

"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
Palladium Books 2015 Robotech RPG Tactics Tournament Rules

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 3:42 pm

Wanderer

Can I nominate Michael Bay for Director?

And can I go for a ride with Mary Ann in Elanor?

Snippersly

If reality is on TV, am I imagining the rest of this S*&%?

Silent Souls Leave Laser Holes- CS TAG Motto

I Waste them with my crossbow. Hoody-Hoo!- KODT

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:50 pm

D-Bee

If you guys can't tell us anything about it, don't tease us with a "Big Rifts Movie Announcement!" It's nice to know that K.S. has control over the various Rifts products, but if he can't tell us anything, don't bring it up! I get all excited hoping that Palladium has something important to say, but then its the samething over and over again. Recycling the same stuff over and over again will just cause us to lose interest.

So let us know when something important happens, otherwise don't say anything.

-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

"Are you playing Halo?"

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:39 am

:shock:

FINALLY!!!!!

Seriously, though, the most important thing in that announcement was how much control kevin would have over the final product.

-waiting with bated breath.... :bandit:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:53 pm

Hero

Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.
Star_Colonel_Ian wrote:
If you guys can't tell us anything about it, don't tease us with a "Big Rifts Movie Announcement!" It's nice to know that K.S. has control over the various Rifts products, but if he can't tell us anything, don't bring it up! I get all excited hoping that Palladium has something important to say, but then its the samething over and over again. Recycling the same stuff over and over again will just cause us to lose interest.

HUH? :shock: :shock: :shock:
So you feel completely justified in telling the Owner of these Boards, the owner of Rifts, the owner of Palladium that he can't share his thoughts on the movie when he feels like on his OWN boards?!?!?!? :eek: :shock:

Oh and I read between the lines on what he said by not saying some things. Things like I can't say about this or that YET means they are working on it but he is not allowed to tell what. I gleam a lot of info from phrases like that.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:38 pm

D-Bee

I'm just saying that telling us the same stuff over and over again gets boring. This last update was just like the last update, just with a additional paragraph or two added in. Give us an update when there is an important, new, fresh update, not a rehash of the previous update. That's all i'm asking!

-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

"Are you playing Halo?"

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:52 pm

Supreme Being

Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.
I still think all the moderators should get walk ons . . . .

Dead Boy wrote:
All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:42 pm

Dungeon Crawler

There is still nothing in there that confirms the movie has moved beyond being optioned and will ACTUALLY BE MADE.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:19 am

D-Bee

Yeah... well... while that's true, I don't think that we have anything to worry about. It isn't as though a no-name company is producing this movie. If Bruckheimer is willing to bring something as shoddy (yes... I did just type shoddy) as "Kangaroo Jack" to realization, then we don't have to worry about whether or not there will be a Rifts movie. Not to say that Rifts is at all shoddy. I think it is very well thought out and therein lies my point. It will be made. C'mon! Keep a good attitude about this! Did you see Pirates yet? Holy Mother! That was awesome!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:01 am

Adventurer

Oh yes...the time for Palladium to shine is once again upon us...
...we...the GM's of this wonderful system must step forward and help in the promotion of this movie by recruiting new players...
...it is our sole purpose in the following months to produce more potential movie-go'ers for this event...

...it is in OUR hands (and the advertisment department :D ) to ensure this creation is witnessed by maximum available viewers.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:50 am

Adventurer

I will expect FULL cooperation on part of my fellow G.M.s. Needless to say, our influence over the masses (concerning Palladium games) is quite exceptional. Those who are unaware of the story, are not as likely to enjoy it...satisfaction in the initial presentation means a better likelyhood of seeing it again...just to try and find anything missed before. Although many of the subjects just discussed will be largely in the hands of the directors, producers, and actors (etc.) WE can play a major roll in the promotion/advertisement of this great event. :ok:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:08 am

D-Bee

You know, I am actually looking forward to this movie.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:00 am

D-Bee

Sinnamon Brown wrote:

Who isn't!? :o

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:52 am

D-Bee

foofoo wrote:
Sinnamon Brown wrote:

Who isn't!? :o

Dead people, they don't go to a lot of movies
People who can't stand science fiction (they exist and their vehmentant)
My best friend (She won't touch anything that has to do with RPGs or Buffy. It's odd we're still friends)
Pretenious artsy type people
Some people from opposing production/RPG companies
Ludidites
The Amish
People who are worried it'll be as bad as D&D was (not possible. NOTHING could be that bad)
And I'm sure there's some others

Mikis
Giver of Perspective

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:06 pm

Supreme Being

Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.
I'm sure WotC are probably not happy about Palladium getting a ovie deal, and it probably goign to be bigger and better than their Dreadful and Dull movie.

Dead Boy wrote:
All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:17 pm

Explorer

6armdemon wrote:
I will expect FULL cooperation on part of my fellow G.M.s. Needless to say, our influence over the masses (concerning Palladium games) is quite exceptional. Those who are unaware of the story, are not as likely to enjoy it...satisfaction in the initial presentation means a better likelyhood of seeing it again...just to try and find anything missed before. Although many of the subjects just discussed will be largely in the hands of the directors, producers, and actors (etc.) WE can play a major roll in the promotion/advertisement of this great event. :ok:

I guess it's time to educate the masses.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:38 pm

Champion

6armdemon wrote:
...we...the GM's of this wonderful system must step forward and help in the promotion of this movie by recruiting new players...
...it is our sole purpose in the following months to produce more potential movie-go'ers for this event...

...it is in OUR hands (and the advertisment department :D ) to ensure this creation is witnessed by maximum available viewers.

Um, I think promoting the movie is fine. However, I think new players will come AFTER the movie makes a big splash...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:07 pm

OLD ONE

Comment: I do things you only fantasize about.
Okay I saw pirates of the caribbean.

This got me to think. I'm not knocking Jerry.

But I mean he's a producer big deal....

The real questiosn that need to be answered are.

Who's the screenplay writer?

Who's gonn'a direct the thing.

I mean producng's great but usually the two folks I listed above are the heart of the movie.

Doesn't the producer mostly just add the cash with the backing of a company? As well as getting to decide who acts and who the top two folks are and all that?

So that's what I want to know.

Jerry B. fine good but who's the director who's the screeplay writer.

Answer these and we i'll have a better idea if this flicks gonn'a rock or not.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:22 pm

D-Bee

Yeah, if we get the guys that wrote and directed the Bad Boys movies or Kangaroo Jack, i'm going to get scared. But if we get the guys that did Black Hawk Down, i'm not going to worry.

So lets just sit on our hands some more until J.B. makes some more announcements.

-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

"Are you playing Halo?"

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:22 pm

D-Bee

Star_Colonel_Ian wrote:

I don't know about losing interest but he does have a point

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:19 pm

D-Bee

I'm just ready for the action figures :ok:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:18 pm

Adventurer

Hystrix wrote:
6armdemon wrote:

Um, I think promoting the movie is fine. However, I think new players will come AFTER the movie makes a big splash...

True...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:33 pm

Dungeon Crawler

Midnght wrote:
Okay I saw pirates of the caribbean.

This got me to think. I'm not knocking Jerry.

But I mean he's a producer big deal....

The real questiosn that need to be answered are.

Who's the screenplay writer?

Who's gonn'a direct the thing.

I mean producng's great but usually the two folks I listed above are the heart of the movie.

Doesn't the producer mostly just add the cash with the backing of a company? As well as getting to decide who acts and who the top two folks are and all that?

So that's what I want to know.

Jerry B. fine good but who's the director who's the screeplay writer.

Answer these and we i'll have a better idea if this flicks gonn'a rock or not.

The Producer is the guy who makes the movie.
He hires the directer, writers, etc.
Executive producer is the money guy.

Bruckheimer is (according to Entertainment weekly): "The most powerful
man in Hollywood (at the moment)".

But it all comes down to the Producer's decisions.

Sig by Charles Agopsowicz of http://www.electrisdesign.com/

Still Nova's Arch-Nemesis :-p

Post subject: Re: Rifts Movie Talk
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:25 am

Dungeon Crawler

The only thing i want to knwo is that Leonardo Dicaprio will NOT be in it, right? And You will make magic a large part of the action, IE, invincible armors, fireballs, calling lightning, meteor (oh god i can imagine the graphics on that one) and anti magic clouds.
That is all i wish to know.

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:20 pm

Wanderer

Dark Emperor of Cheese wrote:
The only thing i want to knwo is that Leonardo Dicaprio will NOT be in it, right? And You will make magic a large part of the action, IE, invincible armors, fireballs, calling lightning, meteor (oh god i can imagine the graphics on that one) and anti magic clouds.
That is all i wish to know.

We won't know that sort of stuff until a script has been officially announced. Considering how much magic is integral to the plot of Rifts i don't see it being left out.

You can't forget the much needed mass-market appeal. Remember the great unwashed are going to be seeing this movie. So it'll probably have a plot allowing newcomers to Rifts to understand the story and like the characters.

Can't wait to get a hold of a Glitterboy figure though!

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:13 pm

Explorer

Comment: The German Princess
I hope that it needs not that long time!!!

Cause I have to waite longer than you all! :badbad:

I am sitting in Germany and waite for the movie, and I will tell to all my friends to see that movie that you get a better result than Titanic ever had :P :lol:

Happy birrrrrrrrrrrrrr-th-right dear Nelly...
Happy birrrrrrrrrrrrr-thstone to you!

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:37 pm

I think that it would be very interesting as a intro if something like this happened:

Erin Tarn is the narrator. Slowly her form comes into focus from blackness. She begins to speak giving the audience an intro to the rifts world. as the speaks of each continent or country briefly...

Her form fades back to blackness (she's still talking) a current map of rifts earth comes into view. As Erin talks about each counrty the camera zooms into the continent and a short clip of the atrocities, beings living there, major places and people are shown in glimpses.

I think that Erin may want to speak on the topics of recent battles and major events, the peace and events of Chaos earth and other things. it would also be interesting to see alien craft orbiting earth, or other planets. the cosmic forge with some cosmo knights would also be interesting.

any hoo this would make an interesting intro and may give the non rifting audience a chance to get a lot of background info in a short amount of time.

thanks for your time, Coric :shock: :D - gotta love the faces

"you know what they told me when i jouined the army? You'll see foreign countries, things you wouldn't imagine. NOW look at me!" - a scout readying for battle.
"you know kid, i wouldn't stand near the head of that thing, or near its tail... for that matter i wouldn't stand anywhere near it. I'd RUN!" - old s/mage

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:01 pm

D-Bee

Good stuff; my only concern is Disney's involvement. After all, they made a mockery of hockey by calling their team the Anaheim Mighty Ducks

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:28 pm

Congrats to Kevin and Palladium! Kevin, if your readingthis, you and your crew deserve this opportuinty, and considering who is producing the movie, I would think that a bit if vindication for all your hard work will come to fruition. I just sent an email out to everyone in my group on the good news. Myself and the Circle of Steel are excited, best wishes!

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:25 am

D-Bee

heck, I might be able to talk my boss into renting out a theathre for 1st showing :)

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:34 pm

Coric wrote:
I think that it would be very interesting as a intro if something like this happened:

Erin Tarn is the narrator. Slowly her form comes into focus from blackness. She begins to speak giving the audience an intro to the rifts world. as the speaks of each continent or country briefly...

Her form fades back to blackness (she's still talking) a current map of rifts earth comes into view. As Erin talks about each counrty the camera zooms into the continent and a short clip of the atrocities, beings living there, major places and people are shown in glimpses.

I think that Erin may want to speak on the topics of recent battles and major events, the peace and events of Chaos earth and other things. it would also be interesting to see alien craft orbiting earth, or other planets. the cosmic forge with some cosmo knights would also be interesting.

any hoo this would make an interesting intro and may give the non rifting audience a chance to get a lot of background info in a short amount of time.- old s/mage

Kinda like how they had Galadriel give half of the Silmarilion in the beginning of The Fellowship of the Ring? I would have to imagine that the movie will take place on the North American continent, so they'd probably narrow it down alot, but that would be a good start to the flick. (I would want to see at least a clip of demon-filled China, though.)

Spud
potatomancer

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:07 pm

Eeeennnteresting. A Rifts movie....hrm. Hopefully it will actually materialize, unlike
the Aliens Vs Predator Movie which was completed, but never release.
Jerry Bruckheimer? Yes!
Disney? No!! Can we say "mighty morphine dead boys"? *sigh*
Granted it was a great Combo for Pirates of the Caribbean, but not for Rifts.
Rifts is so ultra-violent that it'd have to be dumbed down so much it'd be silly.
Possible Directors: Ridley Scott would IMHO be the best Choice. He's got a great sense of
EPIC in movies. On the other hand, John Woo could defiantley bring a strong sense of
stlye and grace too the film, or even Ang Lee for the Wuxia feel!
Though I don't really see Jerry B. working much with Wire-Fu. Though disney might dig it.
"Crunchy Dead Boy, Leaping Great Horned Dragon" anyone?... :lol:
Trying to cast Actors is night useless until we get a strong sense of what the plot is going to
evolve around. I'd have to say it should probably have a LOT to do with the Coalition since
CS has always been the most permeating prescence on Rifts Earth.
I'd kinda like to see them take the ideas from the Novels and tweak them around for the movie.
Lots of Good characters that with some development and tweaking could work out very well.
Not to mention with a three book series it could easily lead into a string of Sequels if done well
enough. And not to mention I can easily See Johnny Depp in the role of Delwin Moonbeam,
especially after his "Pirates" performance. Though I thank Matt Lillard might be better as far as appearance (Shaggy from the live-action Scooby).
As far as actors, granted there are some folks that might do good in the part and some older
actors that should play the older roles. But I'd like to see a lot of new faces too and not just
more pretty boys and pretty girls, but some human-looking actors with actual talent and who
could actually get into the role.
I'm really looking forward to seeing how this developes as one of my personal goals in life
is to get into Film-making. Possibly by specializing in making films from/based-on various
RPG's, though so far I yet to see an RPG well-translated to the big-screen. Someday I hope
to change that.
And yes I too pray they keep leonardo DiCrappio out of it.
But if they DO use the books, or part of them. I'd love ot see a Mel Gibson/Russel Crowe team up as the Lieutenants. Maybe get Sonny Chiba to play Zenjori Suka... :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:53 am

D-Bee

chaosmage wrote:

lol, the dolls are the best part of the movie??? your parents take your barbies away growing up?

hehe not to flame but am a little inebriated and just shooting from the cuff, feel free to call me a vulgar insensetive whatever you will :)

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:19 am

D-Bee

Rhett wrote:
chaosmage wrote:

lol, the dolls are the best part of the movie??? your parents take your barbies away growing up?

hehe not to flame but am a little inebriated and just shooting from the cuff, feel free to call me a vulgar insensetive whatever you will :)

You "vulgar insensetive[sic]", you! :o

:P

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:33 am

Adventurer

I don't think anyone will actually ever get the REAL feel of Rifts on-screen except for mister "K" himself. But of course that can't be...not yeah... :D

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:53 am

D-Bee

Wow I've been out of circulation too long. A rifts movie... What is the world coming to? Does this finally mean that all of the years enduring ridicule from the non-RPG playing masses, have finally ended? Am I finally in the mainstream? Arrrrrrrrrghhhhhhh!!!!!!

Seriously though, this is so cool! I may break out my books and start playing again.

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:33 pm

Wanderer

some other good people for parts:

Lance Henriksen(Terminator)
Oliver Gruner (Nemesis)
Vernon Wells(THE ROAD WARRIOR)
Peter Weller(ROBOCOP)
Tim Thomerson(Nemesis,Trancers)
Jennifer Grant(Savage)
Tanya Allen(Outer Limits,starhunter)
Mark Pegg(starhunter)
Michael Paré(starhunter,Philadelphia Experiment)
Kene Holliday(Philadelphia Experiment)
Sebastian Spence (first wave)
Roger R. Cross(first wave)

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:19 am

Wanderer

Comment: The Dark General of the Apocalypse and the right hand man to the Horseman of Death
Sqanch wrote:
Wow I've been out of circulation too long. A rifts movie... What is the world coming to? Does this finally mean that all of the years enduring ridicule from the non-RPG playing masses, have finally ended? Am I finally in the mainstream? Arrrrrrrrrghhhhhhh!!!!!!

Seriously though, this is so cool! I may break out my books and start playing again.

You've been out of the loop? what about us U.S. Soldiers who have been in Iraq and Afgan for 8-15 months? We really have been out of circulation.

As for playing again, I've just ordered a ton of new books that have been out for the past 2 years (Told ya I've been out of circulation :-( ) But my players have been given the warning :)

Anyone who wishes to contact me via e-mail, e-mail me at ejpennine@yahoo.com and give a few words for the men and women fighting to make this movie reality. Where do you think this nuclear explosion is gonna start? Here in Iraq (We're just weeding the people out for emperor Siem...er I mean Prosek)

-War's Right hand man
-Famine's and a fallen angel's love child.
"The forces of the apacolypes flow within me."

It is said that god will forgive Bin Laden. It's our job to arrange the meeting.
-one of many signs around the post

Operation
Don't **** with
Pestilence

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 1:24 pm

:eek: Holy good gravy!!!!!!! this is amazing! how great is this!? I am not freaking out cuz i'm a sci-fi geek or anything, it's just I have always loved Rifts... played for many a year, but sadly now here in Des Moines, i cannot find any body who plays. It's card floppers and wargamers as far as i can tell. (not that there is anyting wrong with that) :lol:

The first thing i though of when i saw this was... ahhhhhhhh legions of Deadboys and Samas' destryoing everything... gods i love the Coalition! That was the main thing that had me excited by the prospect of the mini battle game that whoseewhatsit was working on. I would have loved to field units of deadboys, skelebots, samas', and a nice shiny glitterboy killer! heh heh heh oops anyway... hopefully since thier is no wargame, i can see that kind of action on a grand scale on the big screen.

Brotherfury
:?

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:23 am

D-Bee

amen

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:47 am

D-Bee

I am really happy that Rifts will get this kind of attention, but I can't help but be a little pesimistic. Do you guys and gals think that this could make or break palladium? Right now palladium is near(in my opinion at the top) of the roost of gaming. What, for whatever reason, if this movie becomes just another cheap B-Rated Sci-fi flick? Do you think that a large percentage of the Rifts gamers will feel betrayed and stop playing? I also get the feeling that a lot of Rifts gamers will not be satisfied with anything that is not as epic as Lord of the Rings. Everything from the good acting, awesome special effects, rock solid plot, and arguably the best director in Hollywood(maybe not but he is good). What do you guys and gals think?

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:31 am

Adventurer

Of course Palladium is taking a risk in the production of this movie (look what happened with TMNT). Rifts is so diverse that it's hard to actually get anything "wrong" in the movie as far as the fans are concerned. We will all have our fair share of gripes with the movie (we all have slightly different views as to the image of Rifts Earth/Phase World). It's important to remember that more than likely, the directors will go for a "public appeal" and all but forego the traditional Rifts setting. And I mean "traditional" in the overall sense that Rifts is "high-powered" and "munchkin", which is a Godsend to me (don't care much for the constant reticule of other gamers calling me super-uber). If you're looking for a movie that will display a Cosmo-Knight flying through a sun, creating a chain reaction that will ultimately lead to a supernova, in order to destroy some Dominator that can't be killed any other way...well...you MAY be disappointed.

...actually...that sounds kinda cool... :D