Tell me about your Mechanoids adventures!

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Tell me about your Mechanoids adventures!

Unread post by Spinachcat »

I just finished reading cover to cover the Mechanoids collected book and I am just thrilled with the coolness. I had read Invasion previously and almost ran an event at the Open House.

I am thinking about running a short campaign arc or maybe just connected stories across a convention. I would love to hear about your adventures and campaigns, whether from last week or two decades ago.

Lets talk Mechanoid adventures!
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

I'm guessing that this doesn't extend to Mechanoids in Rifts, does it? :?
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

You should have played in my Mechanoids game on saturday at the P.O.H. 8)

Carl
ImageImage
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Carl Gleba wrote:You should have played in my Mechanoids game on saturday at the P.O.H. 8)

I'm sure he would have considered it were he not running games of his own. :)
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Carl Gleba

Warwolf wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:You should have played in my Mechanoids game on saturday at the P.O.H. 8)

I'm sure he would have considered it were he not running games of his own. :)

I know I just wanted to get that dig in :D

Carl
ImageImage
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Carl Gleba wrote:I know I just wanted to get that dig in :D

And he shall be known as Carl the Cruel!!!

I was lucky enough to get in the Phase World game and if I hadn't been GMing at the time, I would have certainly jumped in the Mechanoids game.

I've been pouring over the Collected version and WOW, I am surprised that Invasion hasn't been updated and expanded into a full book. I would love to see Gideon expanded and detailed. I do hope that if Mechanoid Space is ever launched, the game launches from Invasion first.

Considering the Collected version sold out and they rarely appear on eBay, I have to imagine that some people MUST have some adventure stories!!!
oni no won
Explorer

Unread post by oni no won »

I don't have any of the recent non-MDC type settings book. Does those books differentiate between regular and armor piercing weapons? I also hope they changed the way armor ratings worked.
Carl Gleba

oni no won wrote:I don't have any of the recent non-MDC type settings book. Does those books differentiate between regular and armor piercing weapons? I also hope they changed the way armor ratings worked.

I'm not sure if this answers your question but I'll try. There has been no new Mechanoid material since Rifts Source Book two: Mechanoids. Basically you got Mechanoids on Rifts Earth. I took that book and used the M.D.C. version of the Mechanoids for my own game I ran at the Palladium Open House. I revamped the old O.C.C.'s to be more like Rifts and added some weapons and we were able to have a Mechanoids game. When I finish the Minion War I might get a chance to work on Mechanoids with Kevin S.

So in short your still waiting for Mechanoids Space as everyone else is.

Carl
ImageImage
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Carl Gleba wrote:So in short your still waiting for Mechanoids Space as everyone else is.

There is no reason for anyone to wait to play their own version of Mechanoid Space. The Invasion Trilogy book, the Rifts Mechanoids book and the Phase World books are plenty source material to combine into your own home campaign.

I have been re-reading the Trilogy book recently, especially the Homeworld section, and there is alot that can be extrapolated into a dynamic campaign. Sure, its more work than just opening an already pre-written book, but not THAT much more work than what any GM puts into creating his own home campaigns.
bradshaw
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Gin and Tonic

Re:

Unread post by bradshaw »

Carl

The lucky ones did 8-)
Dames, Droids, Drinking and Damnnation
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Re: Tell me about your Mechanoids adventures!

Unread post by say652 »

i played in the first book setting converted to mdc one for one. using a greater norse giant brimming with magic powers and natural abilities. i was even immune to fire and heat. with 20000 mdc. my valiant efforts did nothing to stop the mechanoidsdidnt even slow them down.

Return to “The Mechanoids®”