Question about Parry/Dodge

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Question about Parry/Dodge

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

AP78 wrote:Can someone dodge or parry an Hand to Hand attack from a enemy who is in shawdowmeld if the enemy has not been detected by the person

No.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
verdilak
Adventurer

Unread post by verdilak »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
AP78 wrote:Can someone dodge or parry an Hand to Hand attack from a enemy who is in shawdowmeld if the enemy has not been detected by the person

No.

Depends, if that person is a psychic and is using intuitive combat, then yes, he could.

Basically, it all depends on what else is happening.
wolfsgrin
Adventurer

Unread post by wolfsgrin »

unless the character can't be suprised or has noticed the melded enemy for some reason then no. Suprise attacks are just that....SUPRISE! Its your birthday :thwak:
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

verdilak wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:

No.

Depends, if that person is a psychic and is using intuitive combat, then yes, he could.

Basically, it all depends on what else is happening.

Juicer would be able to because of juicer special skills. Psychic with precognition might get to from the early warning. Intuitive combat would be able to due to special ability.

Anybody else is pretty much snuck.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
demos606
Hero

Thought I remembered crazies not getting autododge against surprise attacks, seems I was wrong (checked book). Add them to the list that isn't snuck, the rest of the world is still screwed though.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

What attack are you using from the shadows? Or are you stepping out of the shadows, and into physical form to begin your attack?
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

No. Surprise attack
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

AP78 wrote:If a character has Termal Imaging and able to see the ememy in shadowmeld does he get a minus to his parry/dodge since he only can see a heat signiture

if it is Shadow Meld the superpower, I don't think thermal optics would work. This is ambiguous, as there is a superpower called this and a Nightbane talent.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
demos606
Hero

Semisonic9 wrote:Whoa, Crazies get auto-dodge?

Since when? *scrambles for books*

~Semi

R:UE gives em all kinds of nifty skills. They may even have had the enhanced autododge before then but I've been too lazy to do a line by line comparison of all the OCCs.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”