? For my Madhaven game

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

And what is the title of the game you are playing again? :P

Seriously though, you could have an invisible entrance to a pocket dimension attached (temporarily?) to that floor for whatever reason (Golden Age Science labs?) in a similar manner to the connection to the Yucatan Peninsula. Heck, it could even be a realm designed by an Astral Lord who anchored his gate to that floor for whatever reason. Then, it being a created Astral Realm, you could do whatever you wish with it. :)
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
wolfsgrin
Adventurer

Unread post by wolfsgrin »

dude its rifts...... you can almost do anything your cliche heart desires. :P
wolfsgrin
Adventurer

:oops: ms. dude :D
side plots can be fun, especially if it has a point: fun
I'd say go for it but try to tie it to what your running, course you could always chalk it up to "thats the world rifts for ya"
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Shinitenshi wrote:
wolfsgrin wrote:dude its rifts...... you can almost do anything your cliche heart desires. :P

I was thinking of doing something with the astral realm, but then Bunny said that cyborgs can't travel to the astral realm. Since one of the PC's is a cyborg if that's true it wouldn't work.

It's called a dimensional anomaly for a reason. if you want a cyborg in the Astral Realm then go for it. Not to mention, I don't recall anything saying that borgs can't go to the Astral Realm. :)
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
verdilak
Adventurer

Unread post by verdilak »

I would have maybe halfway up the stairwell to the next floor a door that is basically a permanent rift then when you walk though you are wherever you want the PC to be. On the rift side, I would have them just walk through what looks to be a stone arch or doorway that will open when specific things are done (or maybe for a few minutes each time something is done, that way they can cut it short if then can get to the doorway quick enough. I can see so many different ideas for this. Sounds pretty cool IMO and I will definatly be stealing the base idea for my games. Let us know how it works out.
wolfsgrin
Adventurer

duck-foot wrote:
wolfsgrin wrote::oops: ms. dude :D
side plots can be fun, especially if it has a point: fun
I'd say go for it but try to tie it to what your running, course you could always chalk it up to "thats the world rifts for ya"

the proper term is dudette
now i say screw canon i do it all the time. one of fav villians was a psibernetic vampire. and a juicer werewolf, both of which are illegal. so what if a cyborge cant travel the astral realm. let him. its not like the rpg canon police are going to arrest you. and last, but not least only GMs can screw canon, players cannot.

yeah but dudette is corny lol :P
i agree with duck. keep in mind you bought the books, do what you want with the game. just keep your players in mind when you bend , smash, or break a rule.
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Sounds cool.

Give them a trip to the surreal, such as the step through a doorway of the ruined building into, say, a cornfield (or a a park). :shock:

Then have the only person capable of sending them back needs a favor. 8-)
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

Seems like a good place to use a Doppleganger Entity from Boxed Nightmares pg 35 & 36...if you have access to such a random product, OR if they are covered in any conversion book (?)

Just seems like a better match for Madhaven than Super Science or Super Psionics...
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Shinitenshi wrote:
wolfsgrin wrote:dude its rifts...... you can almost do anything your cliche heart desires. :P

Dude I'm a chick.... :lol:

:lol:
Shinitenshi wrote:I was thinking of doing something with the astral realm, but then Bunny said that cyborgs can't travel to the astral realm. Since one of the PC's is a cyborg if that's true it wouldn't work.

Borgs can not astrally project to the astral plane but if you open up a rift they can physically go there.

Shinitenshi wrote:I guess another thing that I'm worried about is this idea I came up with is going to take two nights at least real time to play out, though game time won't nearly be as long, and this has nothing to do with the actual storyline or plot of the adventure they are currently on. It was just something I thought would be fun. So question is if your in a campaign do you mind doing side adventures in the middle of the story? I'm worried my one player is going to be like what the heck, what does this have to do with anything, this is stupid.

Thanks for the help guys! :D

Make it a quick visit, and easy for the players to backout if they arent interested.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
DocS
Adventurer

Unread post by DocS »

Shinitenshi wrote:Borrow all you want :D

It's going to be a world with vampires, demons, werewolves and other creatures but they all look human, it's like their own little non human realm which is split in three separate sections ruled by three different Gods/Goddesses. The three "worlds are waring, to make it out alive they are going to have to choose sides and fight their way out.

These Vamps, demons werewolfs and such are not like normal ones in rifts as this is an alternate dimension of some sort.

I got a different vote. MAke the pocket dimension the 13th floor of the building.... except it's the way it was before the coming of the Rifts. Cubicles, office staff, the whole nine yards. It's the ghost of what was there before the apocalypse. Except.

1) The Party can't get off it (Except for a 'special way), so they go down the stairs, they end up on the 13th floor. Jump out a window, end up jumping into a window on the opposite side, etc.

2) The other people in the dimension seem to be able to navigate just fine. So Security can be called, others can run away, folks who get thrown out fall and quash, etc.

3) The Party needs to use unusual skills to navigate this "Pre-Rifts" World.

What happens? Does the party cause too much trouble, security robots are called and it's a big shootout as the party turns everything upside down to find the exit? Or does it become an excercise in modern bureacracy as the party has to make appointments etc. to get where they need to get (the portal exit in The Manager's office).
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

DamonS wrote:
Shinitenshi wrote:Borrow all you want :D

It's going to be a world with vampires, demons, werewolves and other creatures but they all look human, it's like their own little non human realm which is split in three separate sections ruled by three different Gods/Goddesses. The three "worlds are waring, to make it out alive they are going to have to choose sides and fight their way out.

These Vamps, demons werewolfs and such are not like normal ones in rifts as this is an alternate dimension of some sort.

I got a different vote. MAke the pocket dimension the 13th floor of the building.... except it's the way it was before the coming of the Rifts. Cubicles, office staff, the whole nine yards. It's the ghost of what was there before the apocalypse. Except.

1) The Party can't get off it (Except for a 'special way), so they go down the stairs, they end up on the 13th floor. Jump out a window, end up jumping into a window on the opposite side, etc.

2) The other people in the dimension seem to be able to navigate just fine. So Security can be called, others can run away, folks who get thrown out fall and quash, etc.

3) The Party needs to use unusual skills to navigate this "Pre-Rifts" World.

What happens? Does the party cause too much trouble, security robots are called and it's a big shootout as the party turns everything upside down to find the exit? Or does it become an excercise in modern bureacracy as the party has to make appointments etc. to get where they need to get (the portal exit in The Manager's office).

Something as easy, yet esoteric as a couple of computer use skill rolls to get in to the Manager's execuative staff assistant's calendar to schedule their appointment...
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start

Return to “G.M.s Forum”