Safe guarding rune weapons and armor

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Safe guarding rune weapons and armor

Unread post by MrMom »

Where would you put rune weapons and armor to keep anyone from getting at them including all supernatural creatures and gods??
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Mt. Nimro
shiiv-a
Adventurer
Comment: I see people as people first, anything else is secondary

Unread post by shiiv-a »

a chest that is sealed with 'anti magic wards' to prevent it from being scryed .. and then weighted down and dropped into the deepest part of the ocean ...?

that was my thoughts ... but that would be hard IF you wanted to get at it at a later date
Creator of the Chi grenade. Used in game by Kevarin [GM] and self as Mai - Civilian Martial artist that got amped via experiment. Ghost weapons and shirts rule.

Nano Missiles - used once and GM banned further use. They weren't THAT bad. and did stop a demon scout ship from returning with valuable info.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Safe guarding rune weapons and armor

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

MrMom wrote:Where would you put rune weapons and armor to keep anyone from getting at them including all supernatural creatures and gods??

Not showing them off, mostly.

These beings are not omniscent.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
JTwig
Adventurer
Comment: Molon Labe

Unread post by JTwig »

MrMom wrote:Where would you put rune weapons and armor to keep anyone from getting at them including all supernatural creatures and gods??

I think the chance of theft is one of the prices you pay for having powerful items. I think one of the best deterrent would be reputation. If your character develops a rep as someone you don't want to mess with, or has friends that you don't want to mess with it would make many would be threats away from your stash.
burgler81
Explorer

Unread post by burgler81 »

So do Necronstaffs.
DrBeau
Wanderer

Unread post by DrBeau »

Guy1 - "Oh that thing?! It's a great sculpture, huh? Looks just like the Sword of Atlantis."

Guy2 - "Why is it glowing?"

Guy1 - "...>thwack<"

Guy2 - ">concussed<
wolfsgrin
Adventurer

Unread post by wolfsgrin »

temporal pockets? i don't have England or Rifts Magic in front of me but i imagine there is a Temporal spell or two that could help.
shiiv-a
Adventurer

Unread post by shiiv-a »

oh ... i just thought of something.

you want to get them back again .. right? ... hmm .. that makes it trickier but not impossible to hide.

an 'anti magic' ward or 6 on a chest [on each side] before storing it away with a lock or 4700 to find it .. and yer all set ...
Creator of the Chi grenade. Used in game by Kevarin [GM] and self as Mai - Civilian Martial artist that got amped via experiment. Ghost weapons and shirts rule.

Nano Missiles - used once and GM banned further use. They weren't THAT bad. and did stop a demon scout ship from returning with valuable info.
shiiv-a
Adventurer

Unread post by shiiv-a »

here's hoping that elf just don't steal it for themselves

:eek:

Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Basically it comes down to how folks protect anything. Either don't let people who don't need to know that you've got a Rune Weapon. If that's not possible, don't tell people where you're storing 'em. And if that's not possible, secure 'em like Fort Knox.

1) Not letting people know. This is how big time drug guys work. Absolutely nobody except the folks who need to know should know anything at all. Wives, husbands, children, old friends, just go out of your way to make sure they know nothing at all about the immensely valuable weapons you've got. There's no better way of making an item thief-proof than making sure thieves don't even know you've got it.

2) Don't tell ANYONE where you're stashing it. This is how medium-sized drug dealers (and everyone except the guys who just buy a little and sell to their friends) work. Sure, folks know you've got a rune weapon, but it's not like you have to carry it with you all the time or advertise where it is. It's like that thing on the Evil Overlord list where they recommend that you keep the one item that could destroy you in a safe deposit box in a really boring bank. Stash your rune weapon in the last place anyone would look.

3) And if people have to know, guard it. A safe is more secure than a closet. Buried in the cellar in a building in a part of town with almost no crime is safer than buried in the cellar in a building where breaking and entering is never reported to the police. Wherever you stash your rune stuff, make sure that it's as hard to get into as possible, and as hard as possible for suspicious characters to get near without being noticed. If people know you've got a rune weapon, it's like owning a priceless art treasure. It's worth millions, so you really should spend at least some money on securing it. The Louvre doesn't skimp on security for the Mona Lisa, and your Rune Weapon may well be worth more than that.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Not showing them off, mostly.

These beings are not omniscent.
:ok:
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!

Return to “G.M.s Forum”