Board index » Across the Megaverse® » G.M.s Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Unread postPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:43 am

Adventurer

Where would you put rune weapons and armor to keep anyone from getting at them including all supernatural creatures and gods??

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:48 am

Knight

Mt. Nimro

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:02 pm

Hero

a chest that is sealed with 'anti magic wards' to prevent it from being scryed .. and then weighted down and dropped into the deepest part of the ocean ...?

that was my thoughts ... but that would be hard IF you wanted to get at it at a later date

Nano Missiles - used once and GM banned further use. They weren't THAT bad. and did stop a demon scout ship from returning with valuable info.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:07 pm

Hero

Comment: Fortune favors the bold.
The Black Vault.

I keep mine under the mattress, and one buried in the backyard.

MaxxSterling wrote:
Lucky is my hero. The end.

Unread postPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:26 pm

Monk

Comment: The Munchkin Fairy
MrMom wrote:
Where would you put rune weapons and armor to keep anyone from getting at them including all supernatural creatures and gods??

Not showing them off, mostly.

These beings are not omniscent.

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Unread postPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:48 pm

Adventurer

Comment: Molon Labe
MrMom wrote:

I think the chance of theft is one of the prices you pay for having powerful items. I think one of the best deterrent would be reputation. If your character develops a rep as someone you don't want to mess with, or has friends that you don't want to mess with it would make many would be threats away from your stash.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:52 pm

Hero

Comment: Fortune favors the bold.
You could always disguise the weapon to look like something else. I hear millenium staves make great shower curtain rods.

MaxxSterling wrote:
Lucky is my hero. The end.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:57 pm

Explorer

So do Necronstaffs.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:52 pm

Wanderer

Guy1 - "Oh that thing?! It's a great sculpture, huh? Looks just like the Sword of Atlantis."

Guy2 - "Why is it glowing?"

Guy1 - "...>thwack<"

Guy2 - ">concussed<

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:14 pm

Adventurer

temporal pockets? i don't have England or Rifts Magic in front of me but i imagine there is a Temporal spell or two that could help.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:48 pm

Hero

oh ... i just thought of something.

you want to get them back again .. right? ... hmm .. that makes it trickier but not impossible to hide.

an 'anti magic' ward or 6 on a chest [on each side] before storing it away with a lock or 4700 to find it .. and yer all set ...

Nano Missiles - used once and GM banned further use. They weren't THAT bad. and did stop a demon scout ship from returning with valuable info.

Post subject: Hehe Vault
Unread postPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:01 am

D-Bee

Well a PC turned NPC houses all of his personal rune weapons and magical body armor he’s collected in his living room. Why? Some may ask, because there is nothing more odd then seeing a Mystic Knights Helmet used as an ash-tray or his cosmic weapon hanging on the wall, accompanied with a open displayed book he picked off one of the four-horsemen. Reputation and intimidation worked well for him, the idea that anyone dumb enough to brake into his place of residence and take one look at the items and think they can pick one up without him knowing about it let alone getting out the front door is another thing.

Now helpful spells, I believe from England is ID Item or something akin to that where you link the item to yourself where you always know where it is AND only you can make it work. (I expanded it to an ID item greater, which works on runic weapons simply triple the original casting cost for rune weapons.)

I also crated a spell called, personalize item, which is akin to adding a tracer bug to it and gives the item it’s own personal aura, which is the casters aura to help identify ownership.

But yes, dimensional pockets, holes, vaults, or the good ole fashioned techno-wizard vault that has more switches and knobs then a crazy, tends to do the job well. If your on center, and the vault is large enough you get a PPE reactor from the UWW, attach and spend the painful time to put into imperturbable walls of force coupled by a specially written anti-magic cloud, along with a more easy to find sanctuary spell in which only the owner of the fault is un-effected by the anti-magic cloud and anything he puts in there and you’ve got yourself a personalized vault. >.> And yes I wrote one of these up before.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:02 pm

Knight

Location: Using Shini's bake goods to take over the freelancers minds!!
Comment: Goodbye Cruel world.... Wait, I'm back.
I safe guard my one rune weapon by never showing it off, I also got a Night-Elf Faerie that guards it.

"I have a technique of my own to counter you lot! It's called 'radio comlink' SUMMON NINJABUNNY STEALTH GUNSHIP SQUADRON!"

I am a customer First and a Fan second.
Killer Cyborg wrote:
"The party IS over if Ninjabunny's not there."

Member of the Cabal of 24.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:52 am

Hero

here's hoping that elf just don't steal it for themselves

:eek:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:52 am

Champion

shiiv-a wrote:
here's hoping that elf just don't steal it for themselves

:eek:

That better be one strong faerie. She is only six inches tall so I highly doubt she would be able to take off with it. :lol: Besides he saved her life so she granted him one wish and that was it. She is very annoying and likes to tick off the other players :lol:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:28 am

Champion

Basically it comes down to how folks protect anything. Either don't let people who don't need to know that you've got a Rune Weapon. If that's not possible, don't tell people where you're storing 'em. And if that's not possible, secure 'em like Fort Knox.

1) Not letting people know. This is how big time drug guys work. Absolutely nobody except the folks who need to know should know anything at all. Wives, husbands, children, old friends, just go out of your way to make sure they know nothing at all about the immensely valuable weapons you've got. There's no better way of making an item thief-proof than making sure thieves don't even know you've got it.

2) Don't tell ANYONE where you're stashing it. This is how medium-sized drug dealers (and everyone except the guys who just buy a little and sell to their friends) work. Sure, folks know you've got a rune weapon, but it's not like you have to carry it with you all the time or advertise where it is. It's like that thing on the Evil Overlord list where they recommend that you keep the one item that could destroy you in a safe deposit box in a really boring bank. Stash your rune weapon in the last place anyone would look.

3) And if people have to know, guard it. A safe is more secure than a closet. Buried in the cellar in a building in a part of town with almost no crime is safer than buried in the cellar in a building where breaking and entering is never reported to the police. Wherever you stash your rune stuff, make sure that it's as hard to get into as possible, and as hard as possible for suspicious characters to get near without being noticed. If people know you've got a rune weapon, it's like owning a priceless art treasure. It's worth millions, so you really should spend at least some money on securing it. The Louvre doesn't skimp on security for the Mona Lisa, and your Rune Weapon may well be worth more than that.

Unread postPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:14 pm

Palladin

Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
MrMom wrote:

Not showing them off, mostly.

These beings are not omniscent.
:ok:

The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.