Leaping Distance

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

JTwig
Adventurer
Comment: Molon Labe

Leaping Distance

Unread post by JTwig »

Does anyone remember how to calculate leaping distances? I thought it was in the TMNT book, but I can't find it. I also remember that it was greater for those with Acrobatics/Gymnastics than for those without the skills.

Any help, either a page number or how to calculate it, would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

The TMNT base was 4*4 or 4*5 feet, plus 2*1 feet per level.

I prefer to "throw" the person as if they were an object, and their Speed is their effective PS, using the table note from under the throwing table in the RMB.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
JTwig
Adventurer
Comment: Molon Labe

Unread post by JTwig »

Thanks to both of you, you were a lot of help. :)
zerombr
Adventurer
Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84

Unread post by zerombr »

in the GM's guide there's something about supernatural strength leaping distances if you need that as well.

I've got a problem with leaping distances myself, using extraordinary leaping (minor power) I've got a char that can leap about 1000 feet, which is fine, but last I heard, any leap is simply timed as one melee action, that means I can leap over a mile in one round? Hang time for that simply isn't factored in.

**waits for the "Make a new post" comment** ^^

Unread post by Guest »

zerombr wrote:in the GM's guide there's something about supernatural strength leaping distances if you need that as well.

I've got a problem with leaping distances myself, using extraordinary leaping (minor power) I've got a char that can leap about 1000 feet, which is fine, but last I heard, any leap is simply timed as one melee action, that means I can leap over a mile in one round? Hang time for that simply isn't factored in.

**waits for the "Make a new post" comment** ^^
Last time I looked (the HUGMG), a leap cost four attacks (down from costing all attacks).
zerombr
Adventurer
Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84

Unread post by zerombr »

i'll have to look up that one, never heard that before, sounds reasonable enough too
verdilak
Adventurer

Unread post by verdilak »

I thought that leaps and leap attacks cost all of the attacks for that melee round.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”