newbie gm need ssome serios help

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

newbie gm need ssome serios help

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

i am currently runing a campaign high powered beyond your wildest dreams, we're talkin artificial cosmo knights created by the united earth directorate-long story- i need an idea for an adventure because the game is REALLY fun and i dont want to have to stop.if it helps i can give details on just how highpowered it is.
Scrud
Explorer
Comment: Truth is subjective, which is the very reason I must rely on you to make the right choice.
Location: Alone pondering whether or not I'm a Dopplaganger or not, whether or not I'm doing the right thing

Unread post by Scrud »

Bring out the GIGA Damage
-Floops of the Megaverse beware, Scrud the Flooper Slayer is on the Prowl

Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

You could always play the allignment card. Introduce morally difficult things to deal with and see how it goes. Great fun if you have a diverse set of allignments. You can set the players against each other.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

thanx guys thats all great advice. problem is, my character can take out alein intelligenceces. dont get wrong, im no monty haul, but after 2 years with the same people they get good. just last month they took out the kreegor emperor. its kindof a long story but humans took over earth again and combined magic and technology to the max and started to go out and F* poeple up.the human alliance broke with the ccw tyo join the earthlings and 300 years later the campaign takes place. they all started as mortals but 2 died and one became a godling the other a dragon. i agreed and beefed up the other characters a little cuz they need more challenge anyways. :) eventually the united earth directorate got some alien tech and experimented. cosmic and phase energy DO NOT MIX. one character was turned into a cosmic being, the other a phase beiong. one character is an immortal megahero w/ nuclear abilities. another is basically a rift entity in regards to power. the last 2 are ancient nightbane and neohumans powered to the max. its very ballanced but hard to find enemies that present a challenge. :x i know its too high powered to keep up for long, but its just so damn fun when the players can go around depopulating planets. not that i would let them, the point is they have to think about consequences. if you fly around taking out fleets, you attract attention, and fire. while on this tangent i would like to mention that munchkins are awsome. high powered games present so much more thought and intrigue and possibilties.
King Chopper
Explorer

Unread post by King Chopper »

Could throw an army agenst them. I'm not talking about two or three hundred, I mean the ENTIRE U.S. Marine Corps or sum such. So what if they can do 3D6x100 to someone and have 50,000 M.D.C., have a few THOUSAND solders armed with HI-Lasers and 80 M.D.C. armor and they are going to have a bad day. Sometimes it is quantity that winds over quality.
If I weren't a snob, I'd be unworthy of being French. -Svartalf
"The death penalty may make the State a murderer, but the penal system makes the State into a gay dungeonmaster."
-attributed to Jesse Jackson

Threads killed to date: 23+ and counting

Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

thanx guys your ideas helped. ill just use therm all so i dont haveto decide. esspecially the sdc game next. that'll mess with their heads :lol: :D :P and everyone is already jealous of the cosmic guy. they dont stop to think about his weaknesses. full dmg from physical and double damage from psychic. triple from magic. too bad hes not supernatural or i would dessicate him.
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

Alien intelligence invades galaxy and begins actively infecting members of the human federation and even the faux cosmo knights. They are either vampires, symbiotic zombies, simply possessed by the alien intelligence or they are coerced and promised power through devotion and minionship planning planet/genocide sacrifices planned to release an old one in which the Alien Intelligence worships
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

KillWatch wrote:Alien intelligence invades galaxy and begins actively infecting members of the human federation and even the faux cosmo knights. They are either vampires, symbiotic zombies, simply possessed by the alien intelligence or they are coerced and promised power through devotion and minionship planning planet/genocide sacrifices planned to release an old one in which the Alien Intelligence worships
:shock: :shock: :shock: that is beautiful :idea: it will go great if i tie it into a massive betrayal by the main ally of their nation :twisted:
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

any time I can spout genius just let me know :D
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

DogBoyDetroit wrote:Evil Twins!

Copy the character's sheets and have them pass through any variety of mystic portals/mysts/whatever. When the characters begin hearing reports, or even better getting arrested or attacked, based on atroctities that 'they' commited, they'll have to hunt down the cosmo-doppelgangers and take care of business.

They could very well beg you for a lower powered game after being smacked around by themselves :)

once again, genius spouting awsomeness of all holy get out.
this will probably be the last idea i use in this campaign but i can use other ones later. thnx for all your help guys.
Crash187
D-Bee
Comment: Techniclarity@gmail.com is my gmail...
.:)

Sith hits this ****.

Four letters four words....

I have done this before...

Unread post by Crash187 »

well obviously if you are dealing with extra dimensional super beings and the like then the antagonists will be equally beefy this does not have to become the focus of the game itself. many many times I have taken basic encounters and adventure plots and simply framed them against a larger context thereby creating a facinating adventure that my young god-being pcs can explore their unholiness in quite effectively while keeping the amount of work necesary to support my game to a minumum: boils down to applying larger numbers to everything and renaming a couple key elements

they never notice....
In the crash-zone; we fight the nothing.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”