Well, that was smart....

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

King Chopper
Explorer

Well, that was smart....

Unread post by King Chopper »

We've all had one, something that we wish we could take back. In game, or not, what do you think is the stupidest thing that you have ever done at the gaming table.
If I weren't a snob, I'd be unworthy of being French. -Svartalf
"The death penalty may make the State a murderer, but the penal system makes the State into a gay dungeonmaster."
-attributed to Jesse Jackson

Threads killed to date: 23+ and counting

Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Re: Well, that was smart....

Unread post by Goliath Strongarm »

King Chopper wrote:We've all had one, something that we wish we could take back. In game, or not, what do you think is the stupidest thing that you have ever done at the gaming table.

Told my GM that his sister and I were more than just friends.

IN GAME, the stupidest thing I have ever done is underestimate the stupidty of players (as I was the GM).
--
GS
Galadriel in leather! Yayayayayayaya!
>>>----Therumancer--->

Well, hang on to your seats boys and girls, but I agree with GS-Veknironth

[Goliath baiting]Hey, according to my copy of Yin-Sloth Jungles, they came out in 1995. Didn't you get your copies?[/Golaith baiting]-MrNexx, regarding the OK books

People don't like it when searching through a website is a pain in the butt (even if it's a proctology website)-Uncle Servo
Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

Traveled more than fifty miles for a special gaming night with friends that hadn't gotten together in a long time. Took all my books and folders (trust me that's a lot) and when we sat down to play, I realized I didn't have my dice! How embarrassing. To make matters worse, I had to use a set scrounged together from the extras the other players had in their bags. It's amazing how many "extra dice" a dice bag can hold!
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
Northern Ranger
Hero
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

CaptRory wrote:Hahaha! That's terrible forgetting your dice.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
Natalya

Unread post by Natalya »

Northern Ranger wrote:
CaptRory wrote:Hahaha! That's terrible forgetting your dice.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Don't worry, you're not the only one. I ended up taking all my old dice that had been replace by new, spiffy dice and creating "house sets" for all the players that kept forgetting theirs.

(Of course, forgetting things like this is why I host games at my place. :D )
Scrud
Explorer
Comment: Truth is subjective, which is the very reason I must rely on you to make the right choice.
Location: Alone pondering whether or not I'm a Dopplaganger or not, whether or not I'm doing the right thing

Unread post by Scrud »

Lucky wrote:
Goliath Strongarm wrote:

:lol:

I can't see a better response than that coming up.
When I told my GM that I was going to be his new step dad,then I drank his whole 6 pack of pepsi and dropped his D20 down the garbage disposal :D
-Floops of the Megaverse beware, Scrud the Flooper Slayer is on the Prowl

Northern Ranger
Hero
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Scrud wrote:
Lucky wrote:
Goliath Strongarm wrote:

When I told my GM that I was going to be his new step dad,then I drank his whole 6 pack of pepsi and dropped his D20 down the garbage disposal :D

You know, I suddenly feel better about forgetting my dice! :lol: :lol: :lol:

300 Geek Points (So Far)
Aaryq
Adventurer

Unread post by Aaryq »

Well, I drove back home to ND for 2 weeks of well needed R&R. We set up a few gaming sessions. When I got back to CA, I realized that I left every single character from the current sessions with my group back in ND. So now that the other players are reaching 3rd and 4th levels, I'm still fighting for first.

In Game, the dumbest move I've ever done was fun and in character. I had an Orc who couldn't read. He walked into an alchemest shop (thinking it was a weapon shop) and started acting a fool. When the shop keep wouldn't negotiate the prices and disrespected him, he drew his weapon and charged the counter. The shopkeep shot me with a bolt of Flesh-to-Stone. Needless to say, I was sold as a statue a few days later.
There should be a specific sub-forum of the Rifts forum dedicated to the only hope for salvation of the human race, the Coalition States.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Lucky wrote:
Goliath Strongarm wrote:

One of my friends told another one that he might be seeing his daughter.
JTwig
Adventurer
Comment: Molon Labe

Unread post by JTwig »

duck-foot wrote:blowing a wad of snot all over everybodys dice. they quiarentened me. :-x

Well, atleast it was only a wad of snot. :shock:
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

I gave my group a few Quebecois GB's on loan so that they could help the town (which was really a front for the R&D lab making the prototypes) fend off a CS spec-ops unit. I underestimated my players and things went south quickly.

So, the group cut and run fairly quickly, taking the GB suits with them (and it was only around our third adventure). Luckily, after they elected my NPC -another headache for me- as the leader of the merc group they formed, I labled all of them as company property that was too valuable to take on just any mission. :)
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me

Return to “G.M.s Forum”