Board index » Across the Megaverse® » G.M.s Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:19 pm

Hero

i am currently runing a campaign high powered beyond your wildest dreams, we're talkin artificial cosmo knights created by the united earth directorate-long story- i need an idea for an adventure because the game is REALLY fun and i dont want to have to stop.if it helps i can give details on just how highpowered it is.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:57 pm

Explorer

It really depends on where you want to go with it. You could have an invaiding horde from another universe tyring to clear out all life in our cosmos for resettlements. Negative energy beings from a alternative plane of existence newly returned and finding out that their once home seems to have developed a fungus... Everything else.

Crack open some gods and old legends. Perhaps ragnaroc is closer then it appears and its up to those super hero's to tip the tied and fight against the phrophicy. If they can alter a single event: Thor's death, they can avert the whole chain of events.

Are just a few idea's off of the top of my head. Hope that helps,

Nethel.

One day, One Hour or One Minute, Live this time well for it will not come again. But know those arround you shall remember that time. They will recall your words, your deeds and be comferted to know you await them.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:38 pm

Knight

well how about something with folddrives, antimatter smashers, solar system destroyers (bombs), null space disruptors, teleporters, and black hole projectors.

i need the details of the campaign and i can send this adventure of mine modified to your campaign. i just need the info.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:28 am

Adventurer

Could always just send out a number of alien-intellegences to do battle with.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Explorer

Location: Alone pondering whether or not I'm a Dopplaganger or not, whether or not I'm doing the right thing
Comment: Truth is subjective, which is the very reason I must rely on you to make the right choice.
Bring out the GIGA Damage

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:27 am

Champion

Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.
You could always play the allignment card. Introduce morally difficult things to deal with and see how it goes. Great fun if you have a diverse set of allignments. You can set the players against each other.

Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:24 pm

Hero

thanx guys thats all great advice. problem is, my character can take out alein intelligenceces. dont get wrong, im no monty haul, but after 2 years with the same people they get good. just last month they took out the kreegor emperor. its kindof a long story but humans took over earth again and combined magic and technology to the max and started to go out and F* poeple up.the human alliance broke with the ccw tyo join the earthlings and 300 years later the campaign takes place. they all started as mortals but 2 died and one became a godling the other a dragon. i agreed and beefed up the other characters a little cuz they need more challenge anyways. :) eventually the united earth directorate got some alien tech and experimented. cosmic and phase energy DO NOT MIX. one character was turned into a cosmic being, the other a phase beiong. one character is an immortal megahero w/ nuclear abilities. another is basically a rift entity in regards to power. the last 2 are ancient nightbane and neohumans powered to the max. its very ballanced but hard to find enemies that present a challenge. :x i know its too high powered to keep up for long, but its just so damn fun when the players can go around depopulating planets. not that i would let them, the point is they have to think about consequences. if you fly around taking out fleets, you attract attention, and fire. while on this tangent i would like to mention that munchkins are awsome. high powered games present so much more thought and intrigue and possibilties.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:37 pm

Adventurer

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:
thanx guys thats all great advice. problem is, my character can take out alein intelligenceces. dont get wrong, im no monty haul, but after 2 years with the same people they get good. just last month they took out the kreegor emperor. its kindof a long story but humans took over earth again and combined magic and technology to the max and started to go out and F* poeple up.the human alliance broke with the ccw tyo join the earthlings and 300 years later the campaign takes place. they all started as mortals but 2 died and one became a godling the other a dragon. i agreed and beefed up the other characters a little cuz they need more challenge anyways. :) eventually the united earth directorate got some alien tech and experimented. cosmic and phase energy DO NOT MIX. one character was turned into a cosmic being, the other a phase beiong. one character is an immortal megahero w/ nuclear abilities. another is basically a rift entity in regards to power. the last 2 are ancient nightbane and neohumans powered to the max. its very ballanced but hard to find enemies that present a challenge. :x i know its too high powered to keep up for long, but its just so damn fun when the players can go around depopulating planets. not that i would let them, the point is they have to think about consequences. if you fly around taking out fleets, you attract attention, and fire. while on this tangent i would like to mention that munchkins are awsome. high powered games present so much more thought and intrigue and possibilties.

Wow. Heh, I remember those days, beating up ol' Splyncryth and so forth.

Just want to add that high powered games don't necessarily add any more thought than anything else...if anything, they tend to subtract that. If the "challenge" is in the amount of dice you have to roll for damage, you might want to take a serious look at your game and see where it's headed.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:35 am

Explorer

Read the spell sanctuary, then make it a ritural that an evil spell caster has the population of a planet cast with a duration of one year. The spell caster as by the terms of the spell is the only one that can make hostile actions. Everyone else is rendered unconsious or their attacks rendered useless.

He uses his position of power to exploite the people on a planetary scale and the people love him. They think he is the best thing since sliced bread. The players have to bring his true nature to light, at the same time as keeping a low profile so he doesn't notice them.

They also have to find away to stop the ritual casting of sanctuary, which will happen in 4 months. If they fail the people will be doomed to another year of torture under this crewl dictator.

I ran this scenario on a smaller scale (A town) see viewtopic.php?t=67836 for the notes. I gave some of the constructs he built anti magic fields that would work for a few minutes before being canceled out by the sanctuary field. Tock the players a few combats to figure out how the monsters were attacking them and aquire the necklaces themselves.

Which they also didn't know had a power limit, it was a very fun encounter... each neckalce only had 8 melee's of power left and they went after kalim thinking they had won. Heheheh, they failed that encounter, the necklaces ran out of power and he lorded over them their helplessness and inability to defeate him when they had the chance.

Anyways I hope that encounter can help you out. From the description of your pc's each one has weaknesses that you can exploite in encounters to make things more challanging. Their attacks are probebly indeed very powerfull, however bonuses and rolling dice don't always help you when confronted with a mental puzzle.

One day, One Hour or One Minute, Live this time well for it will not come again. But know those arround you shall remember that time. They will recall your words, your deeds and be comferted to know you await them.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:30 am

Explorer

Could throw an army agenst them. I'm not talking about two or three hundred, I mean the ENTIRE U.S. Marine Corps or sum such. So what if they can do 3D6x100 to someone and have 50,000 M.D.C., have a few THOUSAND solders armed with HI-Lasers and 80 M.D.C. armor and they are going to have a bad day. Sometimes it is quantity that winds over quality.

Threads killed to date: 23+ and counting

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:28 am

Explorer

Or you could play a reasonably powered game.

I'm just sayin'..................

50 "Well Said" Points courtesy of cornholioprime

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 4:50 pm

Explorer

In situations like the game you're in, with the power level where it's at they would have a huge ammount of enemies and would have pissed a bunch of people off. That group you've got is a rather messy conglomerate of multidimensional mega beings that would have personal outlooks on life vastly different than the average person...how would a 4D being interpret simple things such as morality compared to a nightbane. I'd do one of three things: Either run some very non combat games centered around a lot of internal character development and internal struggle, pit them against each other because they are jealous of each other's power and see each other as a rival (this will take work) or realize that at this point its' a wash, that things have gone too far and there's no longer a point, pick up Heroes unlimited and go SDC for a while to get some perspective.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:41 pm

Hero

thanx guys your ideas helped. ill just use therm all so i dont haveto decide. esspecially the sdc game next. that'll mess with their heads :lol: :D :P and everyone is already jealous of the cosmic guy. they dont stop to think about his weaknesses. full dmg from physical and double damage from psychic. triple from magic. too bad hes not supernatural or i would dessicate him.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:30 pm

Champion

Alien intelligence invades galaxy and begins actively infecting members of the human federation and even the faux cosmo knights. They are either vampires, symbiotic zombies, simply possessed by the alien intelligence or they are coerced and promised power through devotion and minionship planning planet/genocide sacrifices planned to release an old one in which the Alien Intelligence worships

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:22 pm

Hero

KillWatch wrote:
Alien intelligence invades galaxy and begins actively infecting members of the human federation and even the faux cosmo knights. They are either vampires, symbiotic zombies, simply possessed by the alien intelligence or they are coerced and promised power through devotion and minionship planning planet/genocide sacrifices planned to release an old one in which the Alien Intelligence worships
:shock: :shock: :shock: that is beautiful :idea: it will go great if i tie it into a massive betrayal by the main ally of their nation :twisted:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:57 am

Champion

any time I can spout genius just let me know :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:58 pm

D-Bee

Evil Twins!

Copy the character's sheets and have them pass through any variety of mystic portals/mysts/whatever. When the characters begin hearing reports, or even better getting arrested or attacked, based on atroctities that 'they' commited, they'll have to hunt down the cosmo-doppelgangers and take care of business.

They could very well beg you for a lower powered game after being smacked around by themselves :)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:10 pm

Hero

DogBoyDetroit wrote:
Evil Twins!

Copy the character's sheets and have them pass through any variety of mystic portals/mysts/whatever. When the characters begin hearing reports, or even better getting arrested or attacked, based on atroctities that 'they' commited, they'll have to hunt down the cosmo-doppelgangers and take care of business.

They could very well beg you for a lower powered game after being smacked around by themselves :)

once again, genius spouting awsomeness of all holy get out.
this will probably be the last idea i use in this campaign but i can use other ones later. thnx for all your help guys.

Unread postPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:04 pm

D-Bee

Comment: Techniclarity@gmail.com is my gmail...
.:)

Sith hits this ****.

Four letters four words....
well obviously if you are dealing with extra dimensional super beings and the like then the antagonists will be equally beefy this does not have to become the focus of the game itself. many many times I have taken basic encounters and adventure plots and simply framed them against a larger context thereby creating a facinating adventure that my young god-being pcs can explore their unholiness in quite effectively while keeping the amount of work necesary to support my game to a minumum: boils down to applying larger numbers to everything and renaming a couple key elements

they never notice....

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.