Amplified Hearing/Ultra Ear

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Natalya

Unread post by Natalya »

Sometimes I give them a chance of noticing something (we've got a house rule for that) and not give that chance to the other normal hearing players.

However, usually I allow it automatically. Because I've found that it helps me more than it helps the PC. Two people wouldn't talk about a secret where everyone can hear it, but it's not unlikely that they may discuss it where they know no one with normal hearing can overhear them, hence giving the PCs the hook to the next plot.
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Unread post by GreenGhost »

Natalya wrote:Sometimes I give them a chance of noticing something (we've got a house rule for that) and not give that chance to the other normal hearing players.

However, usually I allow it automatically. Because I've found that it helps me more than it helps the PC. Two people wouldn't talk about a secret where everyone can hear it, but it's not unlikely that they may discuss it where they know no one with normal hearing can overhear them, hence giving the PCs the hook to the next plot.

nice :)
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Depends, mostly they hear it automatically, but since people tend to filter stuff out (subconsciously), I have them roll perception and give a bonus of +3, I don't modify the bonus because if the sound is coming through a deserted corridor there is a low difficulty number, coming through a solid bunker wall = higher difficulty.
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”