Slappy's Creations

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Slappy's Creations

Unread post by NMI »

"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

Even easier than digging thru the txt versions on my HD :) You rock NMI.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Uhm it already is a sticky. Duh :lol:
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
slappy
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by slappy »

I appreciate you taking the time to gather everything together like this. Although I must admit, it doesn't look like a lot when you post it like that. I'll have to write up some more. :D

Just wanted to drop the teaser right now that I am working with Chuck Walton to come up with something special for the Rifter (and hopefully the Open House). Don't want to give away too much other than to say it's the greatest idea ever and will completely reshape the Splicers World. :lol:
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

slappy wrote:I appreciate you taking the time to gather everything together like this. Although I must admit, it doesn't look like a lot when you post it like that. I'll have to write up some more. :D

Just wanted to drop the teaser right now that I am working with Chuck Walton to come up with something special for the Rifter (and hopefully the Open House). Don't want to give away too much other than to say it's the greatest idea ever and will completely reshape the Splicers World. :lol:
No problem and Rock On. I assume then you will be @ the Open House? Plan on running any Splicer games?
slappy
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by slappy »

Afraid not. Would love to make it but I'm on the other side of the country. I believe Chuck will be their to represent, but I don't know if anyone will be running a Splicer's game. That was the plan but I don't see it on the schedule.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

slappy wrote:Afraid not. Would love to make it but I'm on the other side of the country. I believe Chuck will be their to represent, but I don't know if anyone will be running a Splicer's game. That was the plan but I don't see it on the schedule.
I might run a pick me up game, but only if I can get the characters pre-gen'd. I would need about 6-8 pregens.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

i have a question i figured you could answer. what ever happened to that floating splicer city? the whale one. i wanted to bring it into my rifts campaign so we could explain our splicer character better than "you just popped in." that and he would need a place to recharge and such. way i figured it, the splicers would pop up in the atlantic and hit maga island and the biomancers. biomancy would make their biotech go to places no one ever could have imagined. just think TW-biotech and lots of stuff comes to mind. anyway someone statted that BIG city and i cant find it. do you guys have any ideas?
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

That would be the Kracken linked above.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Slappy, with the Open House come and gone, can you fill us in more on this project you had going with Chuck Walton?
slappy
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by slappy »

It's still going, but there was no way we were going to have what we wanted done by the Open House. We are still going forward with it though. I've got some pretty cool stuff done already and Chuck has created some amazing artwork that has me blown away. We're hoping that handing a complete package over to Wayne will make them more likely to accept it as a Rifter article even though Splicers isn't one of the more popular products (hoping to fix that too).

The basic concept centers around the Legion idea I posted on the boards earlier. I'm drafting up an adventure for it Hook, Line, and Sinker style. Once the adventure is done then I'll need to write up details on all the elements (Great House details, new O.C.C.'s, War Mounts, equipment, enemies, etc.). I was going along at a decent pace, then I got distracted by a concept sketch Chuck whipped up. It inspired a very detailed O.C.C. that is one of my favorites so far, but it's also pretty long. Nearly finished though.

I'll be posting stuff here and there to give people a sneak peak. I'm going to have Chuck be the Gatekeeper of the material though. Otherwise, I would just post everything as I write it. :D
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Those are some nice creations! Thank you for sharing them with us!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Good luck Slappy :ok: Carmen says you make some great stuff.

Carl
ImageImage
slappy
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by slappy »

Thank you and thanks for passing the word along. I'm a pretty big fan of the two of you guys as well.

The Hades book is amazing and I'm really looking forward to your return to Phase World. That's my favorite Palladium setting (aside from Splicers of course :D).
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: Slappy's Creations

Unread post by NMI »

Slappy, how goes your special project?
slappy
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by slappy »

Going very well. We're building a sourcebook around a pretty grand adventure. The adventure itself is nearly completed and then I'll start stat-ing up all the necessities - NPC's, equipment, War Mounts, robots, etc. A lot of stuff is already done, but there is still a lot of work to do. I would say I have about 100 pages done and it looks like 100 to go. The difference is the momentum is really building so I think I can tear through the second half much faster.

On Chuck Walton's side the artwork is fantastic. It's pretty much what's kicking my momentum into high gear. Really inspirational stuff. I think everyone is just going to go nuts when it's done.
Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Sounds cool Slappy :-D

Keep up the good work :ok:

Carl
ImageImage
Aramanthus
Monk

That sounds awesome Slappy! Thank you for the update!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

slappy wrote:Going very well. We're building a sourcebook around a pretty grand adventure. The adventure itself is nearly completed and then I'll start stat-ing up all the necessities - NPC's, equipment, War Mounts, robots, etc. A lot of stuff is already done, but there is still a lot of work to do. I would say I have about 100 pages done and it looks like 100 to go. The difference is the momentum is really building so I think I can tear through the second half much faster.

On Chuck Walton's side the artwork is fantastic. It's pretty much what's kicking my momentum into high gear. Really inspirational stuff. I think everyone is just going to go nuts when it's done.

:eek: Wait, am I getting that there will be an actual sourcebook for Splicers, not just more Rifter articles? Sweet! :ok:
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
slappy
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by slappy »

Well technically, we hope it will be. Nothing official.
Aramanthus
Monk

I know those of us who occupy this particular area are totally behind you and your co-authors. Please keep us posted on updates.

HH....FIE
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

I am pumped for this project to be completed and released! I know that Slappy's Writing (both in Storytelling & Creations) make this project a true collector's item, TRUST ME!!!! You dont wont to miss this one, just make sure you have your pressure checked before playing as the intensity and suspense might steal your breath for a spell. Each chapter unfolds like a treasured cinema, so I highly recommend sharpening your SPLICERS and honing your characters for this one.
Aramanthus
Monk

If I die gaming that is considered a good thing! Looking forward to seeing this book of theirs!

HH....FIE
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Warriors of the Megaverse Unite !

Unread post by Princedarkstorm »

Great writeups !
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

Gejkido wrote:hope it gets printed because this game is due for a suppliment

also slappy and friends some of this material is great

:D

Same here !
Aramanthus
Monk

I'm also hoping it sees the light of day!

HH....FIE
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

Aramanthus wrote:I'm also hoping it sees the light of day!

Same here !
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

It will be printed .
I have faith in it .
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

As do I.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

Good . :D
Aramanthus
Monk

I also have faith that this will be printed! :ok:

HH....FIE
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Gejkido wrote:hope so too, my friends book just got postponed and it kinda sucks because its almost been a year since him and his partner sent it in to kev. sigh it sucks to wait for some of the really nifty stiff

What book/concept was that?
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

I belive it was something in the Rifter?
Aramanthus
Monk

We have to keep the faith. This book will see the light of day! Everyone tells me patience is a virtue.

HH....FIE
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

It is .
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

A storm is coming so you just prepare yourselves:

http://madjaguar.deviantart.com/art/The ... -105358942
Double click the image for best results.

Trust me, Slappy & I aren't killing ourselves with tons of material just to tinker with, :D

We just want to deliver the best we can as we agree its long overdue for Splicers. I think it will be hopefully worth the wait, and thats a tall order.
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

:ok: :ok: :ok:
You are #1!!!
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

Waiting to see more renders from you !
abtex
Champion

Re:

Unread post by abtex »

slappy wrote:I appreciate you taking the time to gather everything together like this. Although I must admit, it doesn't look like a lot when you post it like that. I'll have to write up some more. :D

We, I am waiting for more. Please.
Where is the Rifter article? Maybe more teasing about it.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

abtex wrote:

We, I am waiting for more. Please.
Where is the Rifter article? Maybe more teasing about it.

I Agree with DuckFoot !
Aramanthus
Monk

I'm also looking forward to seeing more material! Hopefully we get to see that article soon.

HH....FIE
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

Same here !
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

darklon0877 wrote:I just love Slappy's Creations
I think they are the best!!! Especially his HLS and all the Material he's created...

Welcome aboard !
Aramanthus
Monk

It's always nice to have those HLS along with the material. That way if the GM is need of some inspiration can use one to spark his imagination.

HH....FIE
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

True !
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

What is the pseudojacker mentioned on NMI's vault, I can't Find it here, and there is no Link there.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Aramanthus
Monk

I believe it something he created. Hopefully he'll come an tell you about it. You'll just have to wait for him to respond. You could always PM him and ask him.

HH....FIE
slappy
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by slappy »

Sorry about that. Been busy. :-D

Just look at the original post in this thread. It's under the Siren infiltrator link.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:What is the pseudojacker mentioned on NMI's vault, I can't Find it here, and there is no Link there.

1. I am glad you are checking out my Vault!
2. Here is the Pseudo-Jacker
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

Thanks !

Return to “Splicers®”