cosmic forge?

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

We had this discussion a while back, where I really got into it with a few posters...

Now, I may not be a big-city lawer, but it seems to me that Cosmic Energy inflicts harm to vampires...

I am of the opinion that the Cosmic Forge is the capital "G" god of the Phase World setting; omnipotent, omnipresent, and trans-temporal. Therefore, the energy derived from it, namely "cosmic energy" is considered supernatural, if not outrightly magical.

Under this ruling it would therefore inflict half damage to vampires and vampire intelligences, full damage to things (like werebeasts) that are only affected by magic, but no damage to anything enchanted by the spell Impervious to Energy.

Cosmo-Knights likewise take no damage from cosmic energy attacks, such as those fired by Dominator weapons, since they cannot be affected by the energy that forms the heart of the nature (like a fire elemental is impervious to fire).

Others disagree with me, but that is my learned opinion.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

It is most definatly Supernatural. The fact that the cosmo knights powers are PPE based is a solid indication of this fact... :)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
cyber-yukongil v2.5
Sosyourfacist
Comment: This space for rent. Inquire within!

Unread post by cyber-yukongil v2.5 »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:It is most definatly Supernatural. The fact that the cosmo knights powers are PPE based is a solid indication of this fact... :)

Nekky with the assist.......GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL! :D
"A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ~ Heinlein

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations. ~some unnamed joker
Braden Campbell

Yes... but they would no longer have an immunity to magic, since they would be completely "rebuilt" by the power of the Forge.

They would gain all the powers of a Cosmic Knight, but loose something of themselves in the balance, which is why the Forge's offer must be carefully considered.

The Forge giveth, and the Forge taketh away... :lol:
Braden, GMPhD

Braden Campbell

Yup, sure did.

Saw it coming the moment I read it... :bandit:
Braden, GMPhD

Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Believe me Bray has had years and years of proactice. Almost 20 years ago we did get quite a bit past him though and boy was it fun.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

I might consider magic THE cosmic energy. It is everything and can become anything. It produces magnetism electricity 0 gravity, ect. Creation could have been a deific spell
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”