Creating New Dimensions

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Creating New Dimensions

Unread post by MrMom »

Does anyone Create their own new Dimensions or just use the ones already in place and do you populate it with your own monsters
Bood Samel
Adventurer
Comment: The only place worth going is too far.

Unread post by Bood Samel »

I have a few times.
DocS
Adventurer

Unread post by DocS »

I love parrallel dimensions. Have the party get hunted by itself, play with if different guys won/lost, etc.

The idea of "The alternate universe CS" in CS war machine, was discounted as a rumor, but I loved it too much to NOT use it! So my party encounted the "alternate CS", whom they had to stop since the alternate CS was like the CS, just not as 'laid back'.

I also play with time jumping. I once had a party jump into the future 30 years, to a future where their characters had managed to take over N America, but were subsequently assassinated by their children. So The Party had to avenge their own deaths and decide ways to avoid this future from occurring.
Kesslan
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kesslan »

Alternate custom dimenstions, time jumping etc. Done it all so to speak. Especially in Rifts.

If you start running out of ideas theres eh.. DB7? That Megaverse builder book. It's really handy for comming up with stuff on the fly if your hurting for ideas at the time.
kevinslkt
Wanderer

Re: Creating New Dimensions

Unread post by kevinslkt »

MrMom wrote:Does anyone Create their own new Dimensions or just use the ones already in place and do you populate it with your own monsters

I do this all the time using the Megaversal Builder and other RPG templates. This way I can create new governments, historical timelines, or just create unique planets.

One of the favorites I have which I keep using is a tri-axel planet. North pole, south pole and another magnetic pole, which creates new seasons such as a sub-nuclear winter, or scorching summers, this makes for pretty sturdy plant life and a new races of constantly migrating creatures that must keep up with the sub-nuclear conditions. or summers, also the superior race degraded(or upgraded) into a carnivorous race of technological warriors. The planet used to be like Earth with governments but they just couldn't stop messing around with weapons and other experiments. So the gravity is a little warped in some places on the planet.
"Do not disturb, I'm disturbed enough already!"

"You say PYSCHO like its a bad thing"
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

I've created new dimensions using (source) books as a start point, or created things from scratch.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”