Ninja and Super spys O.C.C's and Beynd the Supernatural.

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

In my PBP BTS game on RPOL if game if a PC wants the full blown version of a martial art from N&SS it costs ALL of thier Secondary skills. But they get the skills form the martial art. I also don’t mess with the Kata thing. The player has to add the number of years the martial art costs, and work the martial art into the characters background. I also limit which chi-powers one can select, so as to not unbalance the game.

That said one of the players in my PBP BTS game is running a PC with Akido and all it's chi powers. I am treating chi like ISP.

I also allow characters to use N&SS martial arts sans extra skills and powers if they have an occupation centered around H2H combat.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

As far as the Open House goes, it may be a little hairy to pull that one off.

As far as gaming with your normal group goes, I imagine it would work just fine. Both BTS and N&SS are based on our current, modern world, with all the laws, institutions, and assumptions therein. They each have just a little bit of something extra added, which is where we find the characters and villains. Adding those something extras together should be feasible. I imagine it would come out as a very "Blade" like environment - rich martial arts trained technophiles fighting against insidious, highly organized, legions of supernatural beasts.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

J. Lionheart wrote:I imagine it would come out as a very "Blade" like environment - rich martial arts trained technophiles fighting against insidious, highly organized, legions of supernatural beasts.

Funny you mention a "Blade" like enviorment because that's how I see it too.

Also I post the following warning to my players regarding weapons:

Please use common sense as to what type of weapons your PC chooses to have/carry. Your not going to be able to run around like Wesley Snipes (i.e. Blade) with a sword on your back wearing body armor in broad daylight in the middle of New York City. A concerned citizen is gonna see some wacko (i.e. you) with a sword on his back (or are you the assault rifle toting type?) and call the cops. The cops in turn will send a few officers (and maybe a SWAT team) to arrest you. Of course if your in the jungle of Africa or the streets of Baghdad (supernatural baddies can be living anywhere in the world) no one is gonna give a crap.

In terms of weapons availability, if it exists in today’s world and your PC can afford it most likely I’ll let you have it. Of course I don’t see PC’s driving around a van with a 60 or 81mm mortar in the back of it, but since the IRA has done it that means it’s possible. Just hope the cops don’t stop you.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

Return to “G.M.s Forum”