Base save vs Insanity.....

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Base save vs Insanity.....

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

For you Mad Eagle

The base save vs Insanity is found in the list of saving throws. Ussuly found in with the HTH terminology.

Basically when you the GM decide that the chars have seen something/experienced something that could bring forth/cause a insanity in the char you have them roll vs 12 on a d20. If they fail they ether get a Evil GM :demon: insanity, a random insanity, or a GM decided insanity. The ME insanity bonues table can be found in PFRPG 2nd ed and HU 2nd ed.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Kesslan
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kesslan »

Oh I dont know, I used to know one homeless guy who was not only clearly insane, but rather enjoyed such a state.

He had the most interesting conversations with parked cars and parking meters. But they used their own language.

Half of them seem to also be excellent comedians.
Kesslan
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kesslan »

On the subject of locking up the insane. Thats only really necessary in certain sitatuions.

Some of them are _VERY_ dangerous. Either to others, themselves or both.

Let me give you one example, the mother of a friend of mine used to work in one of these special care homes. There was one old guy, more or less harmless, and blind to boot.

A touch crazy too. The thing was, either he had no real family, or they just couldnt/didnt take care of him what ever. So he needed people to look after him. However he'd also just blindly wander wherever and seemed to lack any real sense of what he was doing.

On time he some how managed to get out through a locked window, on to the slated roof of the building by himself.

Now this building was a good 4 stories at least. So imagine then, if he'd walked off the roof before some one noticed him up there? He didnt even remember getting out there to begin with, and apparently didnt even know where he was by the time they got him down.

Such a situation he's mostly a danger simply to himself, but he could arguably have also fallen off the roof and onto some one else eh?

There's other cases where mentally imbalanced people have gone out and either killed, or gotten others killed, not just themselves.

So your faced with a problem. You have to do -something- about them, or they WILL bring harm to others in some cases. They'll even have an undeniable history of such events. And/Or they'll have proven at least that they'll bring harm to themselves at the very least if some one isnt taking care of them.

So what do you do? Do you just let them bring harm to themselves and/or others? I doubt it.

And since the generally considered ethical response isnt to just kill them (or let them kill themselves in some manner) then one MUST effectively lock them up to one extent or another.
Kesslan
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kesslan »

Ah ok yeah I see what you mean.

But then can you have good without evil? Joy without sadness? Pleasure without suffering? Without the other as a contrast, the other is arguably meaingless.
Kesslan
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kesslan »

There is allways a difference.

The difference is that I do not allways do as you do. Others never do as you do.

It all comes out of the debate of what is better and why, and thus who is right and wrong and so forth.

For example. What is the arguably better way of storing a cardboard box full of books?

To place it on a shelf in your basement, or to throw it in a lake in hopes no one will find it and steal it, for you to retrieve later.
Scrud
Explorer
Comment: Truth is subjective, which is the very reason I must rely on you to make the right choice.
Location: Alone pondering whether or not I'm a Dopplaganger or not, whether or not I'm doing the right thing

Unread post by Scrud »

:frazz: My Brain Hurts :frazz:
-Floops of the Megaverse beware, Scrud the Flooper Slayer is on the Prowl

Kesslan
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kesslan »

Scrud wrote::frazz: My Brain Hurts :frazz:

Good, your half way there then. When you hear an audible snap inside of your skull, our work is done.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”