The Horror of Cthulhu and the Great Old Ones

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MASTERMIND
Adventurer
Comment: I game... Therefore I am...

Unread post by MASTERMIND »

And the Old Ones. If the Old Ones weren't inspired by the works of HP Lovecraft then I am a monkey's uncle. :) I like having the Old Ones in PB Games though, it provides the opportunity for a real horror game like mAd eAgle is suggesting.
Kesslan
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kesslan »

Misfit KotLD wrote:That and we have no Cthulhu here. We do have Splyncrynth, Nxla, and others though. And Erin Tarn.

I must have missed the memo. Why is it Erin Tarn seems to keep cropping up every time an Alien Intelligence or some other great evil is mentioned? :shock:

Anyway. For sanity loss rules I'd have to dig aroudn but I'd swear I saw some in an official PB RPG book somewhere. For the most part though I just sort of wing it.

Worst case you just have them roll vs Insanity when you feel it's appropriate and go from there. There's some really good insanity tables with OCCs such as Crazies to use. I think there might be some in Nightbane as well.

I personally tend to like using the HF rolls when appropriate. Newbies suffering shellshock as per the optional rules etc. I belive one of the rifters had a very nice table for that (RUE I belive has one too)

Unless your wanting some sort of sanity point gain/loss system?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Kesslan wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:That and we have no Cthulhu here. We do have Splyncrynth, Nxla, and others though. And Erin Tarn.

I must have missed the memo. Why is it Erin Tarn seems to keep cropping up every time an Alien Intelligence or some other great evil is mentioned? :shock:

it's an ongoing joke on these forums. Current Coalition policy puts Erin Tarn as the number 1 threat to humanity. a slain adult dragon dosn't get half the bounty she would

oh: and while palladium DOES have it's own version of the Old Ones, they are unrelated (technically) to the works of H.P. Lovecraft.

Anyway, the rule about insanity has to do with psionics: if a psionic character attempts to use empathy or telepahty anywhere near an old one they have a chance to go nuts.

But no, there is no "sanity pool", and no mencaics for doing so just by going up aginst horrible minions.

Furthermore, trying to institue a "sanity pool" in palladium would constitue conversion of call of cuthullu to palladium, which, sinse this website is owned by palladium, cannot be allowed or else palladium is vunerable to lawsuits.

Yes, I know it sounds silly, but we're talking legal-speak here. potentially, you trying to to this on palladiums webpage could cost the company millions.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Gaius
Supreme Being

Unread post by Gaius »

Per the rules, you cannot discuss the conversion of other intellectual property to the Palladium system. Locked.

Gaius
Strange, we ran down desparate streets and carved our names in the flesh of the city. The sun has stagnated somewhere beyond the rim of the horizon and the darkness is a mystery of curves and lines. Still, we lay under the emptiness and drifted slowly outward, and somewhere in the wilderness we found salvation scratched into the earth like a message.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”