Board index » Across the Megaverse® » G.M.s Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject: Changes in life
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:05 am

D-Bee

Ok, so here's something I have no figured out yet. Maybe I am just blind or skipped over it, but can someone please explain to me this...
I have seen RCC's that list things if the character takes an OCC. How does that work? Do they gain exp in both OCC and RCC, and what if someone decide's it is time for a for a career change and wants to go from an rouge scientist to a full con borg? Do they start at lvl 1 and what of there other skills? (just an example, couple be any two OCC's) :?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:08 pm

Explorer

This is not cannon but what i do for this situation is as follows.

If its a stright RCC that gets to select and OCC, they roll stats for their rcc, get their abilities and any special skills. Their Occupation is their Occupation and thats their xp table.

if they switch OCC's and its in the same area: man of arms, man of magic, psychic etc.. no xp penalties. Their current character level freezes and all skills untill the new occ bypasses their old one, then it unfreezes. New skill development and xp costs as per the new OCC.

If they jump from man of arms to adventurer their new xp table is at 1.5 X the xp cost. if they move over two tables say man of arms to man of magic its double xp per level.

Psyhic OCC's can not be selected unless the character is a latent psionic. A minor can not select an psyhic occ to change too, they do not have the mental base power to learn more. Neither can a character that has no psionic powers.

Penalties from Character classes like the crazy that becomes more unstable as they level are still in effect at the designated levels. Unless the system can completly be removed and the original restored your in for a whole world of hurt. Seek regeneration for a high level caster or something, going to cost alot but it can be done.

Skills recieved from the new class are the OCC skills from it only, no related, no other skills. Any skills that are doubled on the occ are still frozen, you just didn't need to be retrained in something you already know.

The "new" skills from the OCC go up as normal starting at level 1 of the new occ. All duplicate skills and skills from the old occ stay frozen untill the new occ surpases it.

This also means that character can max level and move on to a new occ in my games. Characters that achive a level 15 in their main class and wish to select a new occ to continue building their character may do so. They will recieve their OCC skills and skill developments as they level as normal.

No secondary or related skills may be selected at level one however. I am not that nice, if the character selects a high level hand to hand then the one they are using the new hand to hand is its own seperate catagory. The character just now knows more then one style of hand to hand. The bonuses (except for stats and combat manuevers) so not stack.

Meaning if you can knee kick in one hand to hand, you can still knee kick in the other hand to hand's style because you know how to already. Your strike, parry and dodge bonuses do not apply unless you verbally declair your using the other hand to hand and its bonuses are used.

If you do not declair what style your using i assume your using none and its your base PP bonus on your melee attacks.

Well i hope this helps you out and i am sure their are others with better ways of doing it then mine. Pick and select what things you like and make a house rule for yourself. Good luck.

One day, One Hour or One Minute, Live this time well for it will not come again. But know those arround you shall remember that time. They will recall your words, your deeds and be comferted to know you await them.

Post subject: Re: Changes in life
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:42 am

Palladin

Shadis wrote:
Ok, so here's something I have no figured out yet. Maybe I am just blind or skipped over it, but can someone please explain to me this...
I have seen RCC's that list things if the character takes an OCC. How does that work? Do they gain exp in both OCC and RCC, and what if someone decide's it is time for a for a career change and wants to go from an rouge scientist to a full con borg? Do they start at lvl 1 and what of there other skills? (just an example, couple be any two OCC's) :?

always use the XP table that's "most expensive" :P

sometimes they explain in an RCC that they can take OCCs, sometimes they don't. use your best judgement.

rogue scientists can't become full conversion borgs, in most cases once you walk down an OCC you're stuck. Your gaming group may not play that way.

So it's up to you. For instance: Operator that was caught in a starship explosion, had to convert to a full cyborg or be a cripple (npc) so now he's got a light-cyborg body (I think I used the 320 Cyclops from Triax) but kept all his Operator skills. He's not a combat fiend, but someone who had to undergo the cyborg conversion.

YMMV.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:52 pm

Explorer

Palladium is rather dead set against multi classing. In your example about converting to full conversion 'borg, the scientist levels freeze where they are, and from that point forward the character starts as level 1 'borg. Depending on how you run downtime stuff, you can either RP him getting his 'borg training (OCC skills), skip ahead after several months of trial and error training, or just skip it and say no OCC skills, you now get the OCC related skills from here on (this is what I do)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.