PFRPG Campaign

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Noon
Champion

Unread post by Noon »

Ask the players what they would like to take a long time to achieve in game (by time, I mean in RL).
Syndicate
Adventurer

Re: PFRPG Campaign

Unread post by Syndicate »

apprentice04 wrote:I want to run a long term palladium fantasy campaign. what elemets are needed for a good long campaign that keeps the characters interested? I know absolutely nothing about palladium fantasy, only rifts. rifts is boring now so i wanted to try something different but using the same system and thought i would choose this.

How does Rifts get boring?

:eek:
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
kevinslkt
Wanderer

Unread post by kevinslkt »

apprentice04 wrote:I want to run a long term palladium fantasy campaign. what elemets are needed for a good long campaign that keeps the characters interested? I know absolutely nothing about palladium fantasy, only rifts. rifts is boring now so i wanted to try something different but using the same system and thought i would choose this.

Introduce NPC's that interact with the characters every so often that offer hints of danger, information about the terrain, and trading of supplies, but at some point they may have to quarrel with em (Mercenaries are great for this, hey, it's part of the job this time it involves defeating the PC's), reoccuring villians are also good, just don't make them impossible to catch, kill, because PC's are an inventive bunch. Storytelling is also a good part of the game and makes it much more interesting. for example instead of saying;

"Your characters notice a couple of orcs heading down the road"

say something like

"Your characters can make out two figures approaching fast, but the glare of the sun keeps your eyes from identying what they are. But you do hear the sounds of unsheathing and the familiar glimmer of steel as they come forward screaming"

Just a little input, and another question, How does Rifts get boring? :shock:
"Do not disturb, I'm disturbed enough already!"

"You say PYSCHO like its a bad thing"
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Syndicate wrote:

How does Rifts get boring?

:eek:

Yeah if you find rifts and its associated dimensions (Phase world anyone?!?) boring then PF is not your gig.

That said.

The thing that I have had most fun with in low tech fantasy settings is taking a char from a know nothing pleeb to epic kingdom toppeling hero over the couse of a career. We are talking 3 year campaign (10 years in-game time) with a story line so convoluted and twisting that I cannot remember 1/4 of it.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Unread post by GreenGhost »

I've converted the Horsemen of Apocalypse for PF. I've been writing that campaign for a couple of years now- on and off. It should make a pretty interresting campaign. :)
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321

Return to “G.M.s Forum”