Robot vs. Save verse Magic

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Scrud
Explorer
Comment: Truth is subjective, which is the very reason I must rely on you to make the right choice.
Location: Alone pondering whether or not I'm a Dopplaganger or not, whether or not I'm doing the right thing

Robot vs. Save verse Magic

Unread post by Scrud »

Robots and borgs have no P.E., so how does one up his Save vs Magic
-Floops of the Megaverse beware, Scrud the Flooper Slayer is on the Prowl

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Robot vs. Save verse Magic

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Scrud wrote:Robots and borgs have no P.E., so how does one up his Save vs Magic

Generally speaking, one cannot.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Borgs have the same bonuses vs magic that they had before their convertion.

As for upping their vs magic bonuses, they would need to get amulets or such that gave them a bonuse vs magic.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
DocS
Adventurer

Re: Robot vs. Save verse Magic

Unread post by DocS »

Scrud wrote:Robots and borgs have no P.E., so how does one up his Save vs Magic

Well, things get all funky there, since

Spells like Magic net... save with a Dodge (no problem)
Spells like phobia, only work on Humans (Not appliccable)
Same with curse, agony, and most of the save-able spells.

The spells that *do* work on inanimate objects, most them do damage, so save is no applicable.

What spells are we talking about?
Scrud
Explorer
Comment: Truth is subjective, which is the very reason I must rely on you to make the right choice.
Location: Alone pondering whether or not I'm a Dopplaganger or not, whether or not I'm doing the right thing

Unread post by Scrud »

femfan wrote:Spells like phobia, only work on Humans (Not appliccable)
Same with curse, agony, and most of the save-able spells.

UUUhh NO. Those spells work on human minds and really thats all that's left of borgs. So those spells do work on borgs.

True these spells that effect the mind are a sevre weakness of borgs and T.I.s especally high level spellcasters

nothing like a mindshatter with 17 save and no bonuses to save. Sounds like its time to go borg hunting

-this also raises another question what about spells like deathbolt that do direct H.P. damage trough armor, would it go trough the armored head of a borg and hit the brain??

demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

No, Borgs are purely MD beings, their squishy bits aren't vulnerable to direct attack. R:UE borg writeup for official reference.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
Nightmaster
Hero

Unread post by Nightmaster »

What about Neural Intelligences from SB1 (old one)? I have a player that play a N.I. in my campaign and that sort of info can be a lot helpful.
Scrud
Explorer

Unread post by Scrud »

Nightmaster wrote:What about Neural Intelligences from SB1 (old one)? I have a player that play a N.I. in my campaign and that sort of info can be a lot helpful.

-The gereral consensus is sorry no P.E bonus but you are immune to all body altering magics

Blue Eyes
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Blue Eyes »

hi

In the original main book for rifts full conversion borgs got bonuses to save vs magic and were impervious to powers like bio-manipulation and see aura, and machine men from phase world (also no PE) get a +4 bonus to save vs magic, i guess it has to do with the tech/metal anti magic effect. i think robots should get some bonuses because in many ways they are opposites to magic.

c ya
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

For the rules for how/if robots save vs magic, you should look in the old (SB1)or new Sorcebook 1 (or SB1R).
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
DocS
Adventurer

Unread post by DocS »

Scrud wrote:
True these spells that effect the mind are a sevre weakness of borgs and T.I.s especally high level spellcasters

nothing like a mindshatter with 17 save and no bonuses to save. Sounds like its time to go borg hunting

That's a pretty high level spellcaster, if you need a 17 to save! And so the spellcaster is what, 10th level, and he can now take down a 1st level borg.....

Good for him. But a 10th level spellcaster should have that kind of ability on any first level character, not just ones uniquely weak to his mojo.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”