Something different

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

Something different

Unread post by jade von delioch »

hi, i plan to do change everything over to SDCs when i get back to running rifts, but not point to point. I.e. 1 mdc to 100 sdcs cause that would defeat the purpose. the reason i am doing this is so that the characters can encounter a werewolf and have the possibility of being infected without it taking a entire limb during the situation. i kind of already have a idea of how i'm going to do, but what i was wondering is if anyone out there had any advise to give; any words of wisdom?
member of-Our Lady of the Boundless Ammo
D20 is the pollution of the game industry.. do not buy into the pollutant, buy the cool rich taste of palladium.
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

My advice: save yourself the headache and just use the magic curse for your intended werewolf victim.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

I do not understand the question for some reason...
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Unread post by GreenGhost »

We have actually only been gaming Rifts as MDC for the past year and a half or so. When we started gaming Rifts (about 17 years ago) we couldn't stand the MDC system. Now that we've all been gaming it for a while now we decided to use the MDC system and we like it.

As for the "headache" there really is no headache to switch the MDC to SDC at all. I now enjoy the MDC system, but the SDC was great too while it lasted. :)
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

GreenGhost wrote:I now enjoy the MDC system, but the SDC was great too while it lasted. :)

SDC is not gone.

There are SDC worlds outside of Rifts.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Misfit KotLD wrote:
lather wrote:
GreenGhost wrote:I now enjoy the MDC system, but the SDC was great too while it lasted. :)

SDC is not gone.

He means for his Rifts game. He's pretty bright, for a Marine.

Oh, yea.. Brighter than me...
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

It made sense when I re-read it.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Well have it your way then :D
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

:lol: but no.. :)
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Misfit KotLD wrote:
GreenGhost wrote:We have actually only been gaming Rifts as MDC for the past year and a half or so. When we started gaming Rifts (about 17 years ago) we couldn't stand the MDC system. Now that we've all been gaming it for a while now we decided to use the MDC system and we like it.

As for the "headache" there really is no headache to switch the MDC to SDC at all. I now enjoy the MDC system, but the SDC was great too while it lasted. :)

Didn't we use SDC? I prefer SDC Rifts to MDC for human scaled things anyway.

If we gamed Rifts then we did SDC :P
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Misfit KotLD wrote:
lather wrote:

SDC is not gone.

He means for his Rifts game. He's pretty bright, for a Marine.

:frust: i'm not dumb... i'm not dumb...
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Misfit KotLD wrote:
GreenGhost wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:
GreenGhost wrote:We have actually only been gaming Rifts as MDC for the past year and a half or so. When we started gaming Rifts (about 17 years ago) we couldn't stand the MDC system. Now that we've all been gaming it for a while now we decided to use the MDC system and we like it.

Didn't we use SDC? I prefer SDC Rifts to MDC for human scaled things anyway.

If we gamed Rifts then we did SDC :P

Dude, I'm old and that was a while ago. Sometimes I get a bit fuzzy on things. :P :oops: :(

You and me both buddy. :shock:
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Misfit KotLD wrote:Getting old sucks.

How old are you?
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Misfit KotLD wrote:
GreenGhost wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:Getting old sucks.

How old are you?

Just shy of 32, but you know about the miles I've got too.

36 here and I have the miles too :lol:
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Miles and miles...
jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by jade von delioch »

i have run the game using the MDC for a couple years now but after a while i've gotten a bit bitter with the MDC thing and see it as none realistic since in TMNT the lasers do SDC but if those same Lasers went to rifts they would do MDC. there are other reasons for making the switch that i will not go into right now, but for the most part it is to make the game more interesting.
member of-Our Lady of the Boundless Ammo
D20 is the pollution of the game industry.. do not buy into the pollutant, buy the cool rich taste of palladium.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Even more fun is neither physical MDC nor physical SDC.. :)
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

The headache is in converting Palladium were-beasties that AREN"T INFECTIOUS by their nature into something that was designed for several other systems. There's an existing solution that completely skips the headache and lets game play proceed as normal - not to mention being far far more devious than the over-used wornout werewolf attack followed by a quest to cure/control the affliction.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
shiiv-a
Adventurer
Comment: I see people as people first, anything else is secondary

Unread post by shiiv-a »

* goes off topic briefly *

heh .. i got you both beat age wise .. but you beat my kid .. who's thinking about proposing soon ... scary ...
Creator of the Chi grenade. Used in game by Kevarin [GM] and self as Mai - Civilian Martial artist that got amped via experiment. Ghost weapons and shirts rule.

Nano Missiles - used once and GM banned further use. They weren't THAT bad. and did stop a demon scout ship from returning with valuable info.
GreenGhost
Adventurer

demos606 wrote:

The headache is in converting Palladium were-beasties that AREN"T INFECTIOUS by their nature into something that was designed for several other systems. There's an existing solution that completely skips the headache and lets game play proceed as normal - not to mention being far far more devious than the over-used wornout werewolf attack followed by a quest to cure/control the affliction.

Personally I never liked the Vampire and Were-Creature rules. I converted that into something that worked for us about 10-12 years ago. So my headache is better now :)
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
GreenGhost
Adventurer

shiiv-a wrote:* goes off topic briefly *

heh .. i got you both beat age wise .. but you beat my kid .. who's thinking about proposing soon ... scary ...

LOL! I'm only as old as I feel... okay- I'm old :shock:
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
GreenGhost
Adventurer

U.S.Advanced Recon wrote:But Vampire Inteligences are such a wholesome and wonderful part of the game :wink:

LOL!!!!!!!!
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

U.S.Advanced Recon wrote:But Vampire Inteligences are such a wholesome and wonderful part of the game :wink:

Not sure how to read that ;)
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Misfit KotLD wrote:
lather wrote:

Honest and accurate assessment.

That's what I do.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Misfit KotLD wrote:
lather wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:
lather wrote:

Honest and accurate assessment.

That's what I do.

Recon did the assessment... :? :P

God wrote what?

Return to “G.M.s Forum”