Two-Handed Weapons (One Hand)

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Re: Two-Handed Weapons (One Hand)

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Vision2700 wrote:So I've dug, and looked in the forums for the past few hours and couldn't find anything on it.

@ what PS would you allow someone(thing) to wield 2Hed weapons in one hand.

Human:ps
SuperNat:ps

I'm thinking around 40?

I don't know, really... I can weild my great-grandfather's claymore one-handed, with little difficulty. And I'm not exceptionally strong.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
goodhometownboy
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by goodhometownboy »

i know that in one of the pf books there is a barbian who can wield two handed weapons Paird (as in one two handed weapon in each hand) ... i know this cause my character is a wolfen barbaian with this abiltity
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Unread post by GreenGhost »

goodhometownboy wrote:i know that in one of the pf books there is a barbian who can wield two handed weapons Paird (as in one two handed weapon in each hand) ... i know this cause my character is a wolfen barbaian with this abiltity

Yep- in the Northern Hinterlands book.
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
goodhometownboy
Dungeon Crawler

GreenGhost wrote:
goodhometownboy wrote:i know that in one of the pf books there is a barbian who can wield two handed weapons Paird (as in one two handed weapon in each hand) ... i know this cause my character is a wolfen barbaian with this abiltity

Yep- in the Northern Hinterlands book.

thanks for the back up greenghost... if i remember right there is no penitlies for that character
goodhometownboy
Dungeon Crawler

so basiclly anyone with trianing can do it.. or at least thats would i say... maybe add it too the martial art or assian but only if the character asked for it maybe buy level 5 or so
shiiv-a
Adventurer
Comment: I see people as people first, anything else is secondary

Unread post by shiiv-a »

i may not know the system a well as everyone else .. but i had a thought on HOW it could be 'legally' done ...

* WP- Sword ...
that means you can wield a sword ...
* WP - paired means after spending time ..
you can now wield 2 swords ... well they are now the ONE-handed variety ...

now add into the mix if a character has the height of 6'+ .. and a minimum PS of 36 [normal] .. by taking a WP - Specialty sword .. that should be able to give you the wits and know how to handle the TWO-handed sword with one hand.

why the extra WP ? .. its a speciality and one that WONT give you negs to hit.
otherwise i would say at level 1 skill .. you are now currently at a -6 .. level 2 a - 4 .. level 3 a -2 ... and at the equiv of level 4 .. you have NO negatives and can work with bonuses.

but there .. its just MY thoughts on the subject. probably way too late to be of help . but still its a point of view that is a bit different
Creator of the Chi grenade. Used in game by Kevarin [GM] and self as Mai - Civilian Martial artist that got amped via experiment. Ghost weapons and shirts rule.

Nano Missiles - used once and GM banned further use. They weren't THAT bad. and did stop a demon scout ship from returning with valuable info.
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Re: Two-Handed Weapons (One Hand)

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Mr. Pook wrote:I don't know how the thread got this far with this statement being brushed over.
Vrykolas2k wrote: I can weild my great-grandfather's claymore one-handed, with little difficulty. And I'm not exceptionally strong.

Your great-grandfather's claymore?!? Awesome! Has it been in any battles?

A few, especially in his great-grandfather's time.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Character's strength has much to do with it, although without two hands can it be balanced and effectively used as a weapon?

Return to “G.M.s Forum”