1oo ways to roll a Combative Natural 1

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Scrud
Explorer
Comment: Truth is subjective, which is the very reason I must rely on you to make the right choice.
Location: Alone pondering whether or not I'm a Dopplaganger or not, whether or not I'm doing the right thing

1oo ways to roll a Combative Natural 1

Unread post by Scrud »

Inspired by Lord Cherico's Chart of doom I thought why not get the imput of the GM's forum to make one all GMs can enjoy. :D

So the rules are we need a consequence for rolling a 1, in combat as such you may need to make you discription less discriptive than you just stab you self with your sword. becuse not all of your characters will have that sword. Once all 100 have been posted I will compile them into a single reply

Got it....Good

01%:You get a leg cramp. :shock: You drop your weapons and fall to the gound in pain lose 2 actions
-Floops of the Megaverse beware, Scrud the Flooper Slayer is on the Prowl

Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

You roll a 01, shooting your own teammate who fails a save vs. Coma/Death, also rolling a 01%, and triggers the doomsday device, killing the wrong people.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

02%: Your weapon over loads, explodes, crippling that hand, requireing 1D4 months to be useable again.

Cinos
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

You roll a "1" to strike with that grenade launcher. The round emits, but only drops out rolling toward you...you bend to pick it up, but end up tripping over it, landing back first on the explosive...WHICH sets it off blowing you up into the sky...you fall to your death... :D
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

Unread post by Ectoplasmic Bidet »

Silly and gruesome...

5% - The D-Bee water parasites that have been incubating in the lining of your urethra for the past two weeks suddenly hatch. Immediately lose all actions and become helpless due to blinding pain for the next 2d6 minutes as the newborns make their way to freedom.
Scrud
Explorer
Comment: Truth is subjective, which is the very reason I must rely on you to make the right choice.
Location: Alone pondering whether or not I'm a Dopplaganger or not, whether or not I'm doing the right thing

Unread post by Scrud »

06%: its a clear day out side you pull you gun up to fire and you are stuck by lightning. (if player ask questions stike him again), (contiue until he stops or character is dead)

Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

If this is an actual attempt to construct a percentage table these posts need to go in a linear order... not 06% back to 01%!

Actually I think a better method would be to list the ideas without numbers, then have the OP sort them from "most" to "least" deadly and assign them percentages with 01% being the most deadly and (1)00% being "oops you dropped you weapon".

Personally I think this can be nothing more than an excersize in creativity as the ideas are too specific to be used in a random table...

"You rolled a one and then a 01% on the fumble chart... Hmm... ok you bring up your gun to fire and instead a plasma grenade (which you don't even have) drops to the ground and deals 5d6 MD to everyone in a 10' radius, You however are protected by the sun amulet (that you also don't even have)... What?... I don't care that it doesn't make sense...I'm the GM damnit! and I said a GRENADE falls out of your pocket and blows up!"
:nh:
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Stattick
Adventurer

Unread post by Stattick »

Well, let's do THIS list as a MELEE list, and we'll do others for HtH, energy weapon, and :D fusion block :D. Oh yeah, projectile too.

Bane Knight of the Forge wrote:01%:You get a leg cramp. You drop your weapons and fall to the gound in pain lose 2 actions

Seven wrote:2- Your blade falls off the hilt, might want to think about punching and kicking this fight. you current attack completely misses.
3- Joint lock, players joint (any location where 2 or more bones meet) locks in place and needs a painfull snap back in place to work proberly, 1 point damage, limb usless untill fixed, loose actions nessacary.
4- Sneeze! one of those random uncontrolable reactions to who knows what. loose current action and minus to dodge or parry opponates next action.

Ectoplasmic Bidet wrote:5% - The D-Bee water parasites that have been incubating in the lining of your urethra for the past two weeks suddenly hatch. Immediately lose all actions and become helpless due to blinding pain for the next 2d6 minutes as the newborns make their way to freedom.

Bane Knight of the Forge wrote:06%:you are struck by lightning. (if player ask questions stike him again), (contiue until he stops or character is dead)

07% Throw your weapon over or past your opponent. 50% chance that the weapon will embed for maximum damage into a target in that direction. (It could be a party member, enemy, your vehicle, etc.) It will take at 1d6 actions to pull the deeply embeded object free, once the player can get to it.
Stattick
Adventurer

:lol:

08% The PC has a wardrobe malfunction. A sensitive part of the body that the character wouldn't want to get damaged has become exposed. It takes 1d4 rounds to fix the malfunction. 1d6 rounds if someone else tries to help. GM's choice - there's a possibility that the enemy might need to roll against HF, start laughing, or become very friendly.
PC cannot attack while fixing the problem. -4 to parry (w/ a less sensitive part of the body). -6 to dodge.
Spectre
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Spectre »

09% You tripped over your own two feet and Fall on your face. you lose one attack and initiative.

10% You punched the wall (or similar solid object) and broke 3 knuckles.
-3 strike and parry
"A little Rebellion now and then is a good thing." Thomas Jefferson
(To the tune of Ride of the Valkyries): Death and Destruction, Chaos and Carnage, Total Annailation Now!
300 Movie Geek Points
"I immediately regret this decision."- Jack Hare
Kryssala

Unread post by Kryssala »

11% You realize that you accidently grabbed your display weapon, not your real one that morning. The weapon is useless and has a 60% chance of breaking and inflicting 1d6 damage to you.
Stattick
Adventurer

13% You badly miss, and are so off balance, that your opponent gets a free attack at +4 to hit. You cannot block, parry, or dodge.
Elemental Gearbolt

Unread post by Elemental Gearbolt »

14% Shoot yourself in the foot, 50/50 chance for right or left. Don't have feet? Shoot yourself in the face!
Spectre
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Spectre »

16% Your fists of fury are anything but... Your opponent has caught your hand and can either 1) Body/Flip Throw or 2) Joint Lock (Gm's Choice) without a roll
"A little Rebellion now and then is a good thing." Thomas Jefferson
(To the tune of Ride of the Valkyries): Death and Destruction, Chaos and Carnage, Total Annailation Now!
300 Movie Geek Points
"I immediately regret this decision."- Jack Hare
Aaryq
Adventurer

Unread post by Aaryq »

17%: You miss your intended target, but you strike is so off target that you hit the next closest ally doing double damage.
Stattick
Adventurer

18% Before you can strike, your opponent hits you in the head, temporarily blinding you. This can either be from your helmet spinning to the side, damage to your helmet that prevents you from seeing out of the visor, damaged optics, or from a nasty cut that is bleeding into your eyes. Only 1d6 damage, and repairable in 1d4 actions.
Stattick
Adventurer

22% Your opponent does a hard parry. ie, he parrys your HAND, ARM, or SHOULDER. Take normal damage from his weapon. There's a possibility if the damage is high enough that the effected limb is disabled or severed. (GM's call)
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

A Heavenly Voice beckens from above and says "Bob...bob are you there?" Compeled to answer you reply, "No, oh lord, it is I (characters name)" and the voice replies "Oh" and then is gone. Lose one Attack.

You remembered you Left the Iron on. Lose one action.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Scrud
Explorer

Unread post by Scrud »

Alright I have compiled the a list of the current posts there has not been any changes to the word just a few to the percentages I think it was off by like one or two.

01%:You get a leg cramp. You drop your weapons and fall to the gound in pain lose 2 actions
02%:Your weapon over loads, explodes, crippling that hand, requireing 1D4 months to be useable again.
03%:Your blade falls off the hilt, might want to think about punching and kicking this fight. you current attack completely misses.
04%:Joint lock, players joint (any location where 2 or more bones meet) locks in place and needs a painfull snap back in place to work proberly, 1 point damage, limb usless untill fixed, loose actions nessacary.
05%Sneeze! one of those random uncontrolable reactions to who knows what. loose current action and minus to dodge or parry opponates next action.
06%:The D-Bee water parasites that have been incubating in the lining of your urethra for the past two weeks suddenly hatch. Immediately lose all actions and become helpless due to blinding pain for the next 2d6 minutes as the newborns make their way to freedom.(Ha Ha I love that one)
07%:its a clear day out side you pull you gun up to fire and you are stuck by lightning. (if player ask questions stike him again), (contiue until he stops or character is dead)
08%:Throw your weapon over or past your opponent. 50% chance that the weapon will embed for maximum damage into a target in that direction. (It could be a party member, enemy, your vehicle, etc.) It will take at 1d6 actions to pull the deeply embeded object free, once the player can get to it.
09%:The PC has a wardrobe malfunction. A sensitive part of the body that the character wouldn't want to get damaged has become exposed. It takes 1d4 rounds to fix the malfunction. 1d6 rounds if someone else tries to help. GM's choice - there's a possibility that the enemy might need to roll against HF, start laughing, or become very friendly.
PC cannot attack while fixing the problem. -4 to parry (w/ a less sensitive part of the body). -6 to dodge.
10%:You tripped over your own two feet and Fall on your face. you lose one attack and initiative.
11%:You punched the wall (or similar solid object) and broke 3 knuckles.
-3 strike and parry
12%:You realize that you accidently grabbed your display weapon, not your real one that morning. The weapon is useless and has a 60% chance of breaking and inflicting 1d6 damage to you.
13%:You hyperextend your joint during your attack and it's going to be sore something fierce for a while, reduce damage by 1d4, strike & parry bonus by -2. Negatives last for 3 days. Better get some ice
14%:You badly miss, and are so off balance, that your opponent gets a free attack at +4 to hit. You cannot block, parry, or dodge.
15%:Shoot yourself in the foot, 50/50 chance for right or left. Don't have feet? Shoot yourself in the face!
16%:%:Your fists of fury are anything but... Your opponent has caught your hand and can either 1) Body/Flip Throw or 2) Joint Lock (Gm's Choice) without a roll
17%: You miss your intended target, but you strike is so off target that you hit the next closest ally doing double damage.
18%: you can strike, your opponent hits you in the head, temporarily blinding you. This can either be from your helmet spinning to the side, damage to your helmet that prevents you from seeing out of the visor, damaged optics, or from a nasty cut that is bleeding into your eyes. Only 1d6 damage, and repairable in 1d4 actions.
19%:bent the blade! the blade no curves off to a 90* direction. half you strike due to the ockwardness, and half damage due to that you bent your blade!
20%: Curled the blade (axes and maces things like that are immune, roll again) insted of your weapon being a nice straight instroment of destruction, it bent 5*-105* backwards (roll percentile +5) and treat that as combat penaltys as well.
21%: Curled the blade (axes and maces things like that are immune, roll again) insted of your weapon being a nice straight instroment of destruction, it bent 5*-105* backwards (roll percentile +5) and treat that as combat penaltys as well.
22%: hand wrapping is unthreding, every swingincreses the change of it slipping from your hand. 10%+10% a swing, if it rolls under the weapon is launched 1d6+2 yards away, but also likly to hit anyone in the way at -5 damage.
23%: Your opponent does a hard parry. ie, he parrys your HAND, ARM, or SHOULDER. Take normal damage from his weapon. There's a possibility if the damage is high enough that the effected limb is disabled or severed. (GM's call)
24%: Disarmed! You strike and inflict normal damage by accidentaly throwing your weapon. You are disarmed. If your opponent is still standing your weapon is lying at his feet. (Go ahead and use this one for a ranged weapon if you're feeling goofy)
25%: Scope bite! Your dominant eye compulsively clenches closed for 1d6 rounds, imposing -4 to hit. (Only applicable to aimed shot with a rifle or similar weapon)
26%: A Heavenly Voice beckens from above and says "Bob...bob are you there?" Compeled to answer you reply, "No, oh lord, it is I (characters name)" and the voice replies "Oh" and then is gone. Lose one Attack.
27%: You remembered you Left the Iron on. Lose one action.

Keep um coming :-D

Scrud
Explorer

Unread post by Scrud »

28%:As you Go to attack a hidden reporter in a large trench coat takes a picture of your fight with a very bright flash. the Supernatural brightness percies even EBA 8-) lose one action and -4 to parry and dodge.

Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Bane Knight of the Forge wrote:28%:As you Go to attack a hidden reporter in a large trench coat takes a picture of your fight with a very bright flash. the Supernatural brightness percies even EBA 8-) lose one action and -4 to parry and dodge.

LoL i want that camera!
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

Stattick
Adventurer

Bane Knight of the Forge wrote:28%:As you Go to attack a hidden reporter in a large trench coat takes a picture of your fight with a very bright flash. the Supernatural brightness percies even EBA 8-) lose one action and -4 to parry and dodge.

hehe... A friend of mine made a camera like that. He used a lightbulb from an airport landing strip. When that thing went off, it would make it daylight for a microsecond for about a mile in the direction it was pointed in. Even with closed eyes, it would ruin your nightvision.

Him and his ninja night games at the state park... :shock:
Scrud
Explorer

Unread post by Scrud »

Thanks for pointing out the similarities of 20 and 21 I will fix that next time I compile the list around 50%

Stattick
Adventurer

36% You get boxed in the ear but good. Stunned for one round. You can't hear out of that ear at all for 1d6x10 minutes, and it rings for 1d4 days. Possible nerve damage or busted eardrum 25%
Stattick
Adventurer

41% The PC swallows wrong, or otherwise chokes on something small, like a hair or small peice of dirt. The PC has a short bought of spasmatic coughing. The PC looses 1d4 actions, and is -4 to parry, dodge, or roll while coughing.
Scrud
Explorer

Unread post by Scrud »

42%Ahh man where did that farie come from. You miss so badly a farie in a high vantage paint began to laugh at you. As it begins to point and dance you need to make a saving throw.

Stattick
Adventurer

43% Before you can strike, your opponent hits you in the stomache (or equivelent), knocking the air out of your lungs. You miss, and are -2 to all combat actions or -10% to skills until you can regain your breath. Your breath is regained once you roll below half your PE stat on a 20 sided. You can attempt this at the end of each round.

44% Divine Intervention! The PC's perfectly aimed blow stops an inch short of the target. The PC hears a divine voice in his head telling him that his target must survive this battle. All other strikes against that target must be non-lethal, or they will be stopped short. If the PC persists in trying to kill his opponent, then he'll be struck by lightening.
Scrud
Explorer

Unread post by Scrud »

46%:Bird poop. Or some other likeness blinds the character by covering the visor or eye piece. if no helmet is equiped you just got bird puu in the eye. And that will make for one interesting story.

Stattick
Adventurer

Bane Knight of the Forge wrote:46%:Bird poop. Or some other likeness blinds the character by covering the visor or eye piece. if no helmet is equiped you just got bird puu in the eye. And that will make for one interesting story.

I once saw a sea gull ley an egg mid-flight. Imagine getting one of those in the eye from 150 ft!
Scrud
Explorer

Unread post by Scrud »

48%: A seagull lays an egg in mid flight for 150ft. in the air. It hits you square on the head, You lose 2 actions for the suprize and you take 2d6 sdc.

(if player checks egg its hard boiled :lol: )

Scrud
Explorer

Unread post by Scrud »

Sorry Seven but if you lokk up exactly 4 posts above your own you'll see that I have areadly covered bird poop in the eye. So for a replacement a close but not the same.

49%:This time the character is hit by the entire bird (mabye it had a heart attack or something like that)(or mabye Chaney happened :lol: )
but the character takes 3d6 SDC and loses 2 actions.

Scrud
Explorer

Unread post by Scrud »

Heres the 01% to 50% list

01%:You get a leg cramp. You drop your weapons and fall to the gound in pain lose 2 actions
02%:Your weapon over loads, explodes, crippling that hand, requireing 1D4 months to be useable again.
03%:Your blade falls off the hilt, might want to think about punching and kicking this fight. you current attack completely misses.
04%:Joint lock, players joint (any location where 2 or more bones meet) locks in place and needs a painfull snap back in place to work proberly, 1 point damage, limb usless untill fixed, loose actions nessacary.
05%Sneeze! one of those random uncontrolable reactions to who knows what. loose current action and minus to dodge or parry opponates next action.
06%:The D-Bee water parasites that have been incubating in the lining of your urethra for the past two weeks suddenly hatch. Immediately lose all actions and become helpless due to blinding pain for the next 2d6 minutes as the newborns make their way to freedom.(Ha Ha I love that one)
07%:its a clear day out side you pull you gun up to fire and you are stuck by lightning. (if player ask questions stike him again), (contiue until he stops or character is dead)
08%:Throw your weapon over or past your opponent. 50% chance that the weapon will embed for maximum damage into a target in that direction. (It could be a party member, enemy, your vehicle, etc.) It will take at 1d6 actions to pull the deeply embeded object free, once the player can get to it.
09%:The PC has a wardrobe malfunction. A sensitive part of the body that the character wouldn't want to get damaged has become exposed. It takes 1d4 rounds to fix the malfunction. 1d6 rounds if someone else tries to help. GM's choice - there's a possibility that the enemy might need to roll against HF, start laughing, or become very friendly.
10%:You tripped over your own two feet and Fall on your face. you lose one attack and initiative.
-3 strike and parry
12%:You realize that you accidently grabbed your display weapon, not your real one that morning. The weapon is useless and has a 60% chance of breaking and inflicting 1d6 damage to you.
13%:You hyperextend your joint during your attack and it's going to be sore something fierce for a while, reduce damage by 1d4, strike & parry bonus by -2. Negatives last for 3 days. Better get some ice
14%:You badly miss, and are so off balance, that your opponent gets a free attack at +4 to hit. You cannot block, parry, or dodge.
15%:Shoot yourself in the foot, 50/50 chance for right or left. Don't have feet? Shoot yourself in the face!
16%:%:Your fists of fury are anything but... Your opponent has caught your hand and can either 1) Body/Flip Throw or 2) Joint Lock (Gm's Choice) without a roll
18%: you can strike, your opponent hits you in the head, temporarily blinding you. This can either be from your helmet spinning to the side, damage to your helmet that prevents you from seeing out of the visor, damaged optics, or from a nasty cut that is bleeding into your eyes. Only 1d6 damage, and repairable in 1d4 actions.
19%:bent the blade! the blade no curves off to a 90* direction. half you strike due to the ockwardness, and half damage due to that you bent your blade!
20%: Curled the blade (axes and maces things like that are immune, roll again) insted of your weapon being a nice straight instroment of destruction, it bent 5*-105* backwards (roll percentile +5) and treat that as combat penaltys as well.
21%: hand wrapping is unthreding, every swingincreses the change of it slipping from your hand. 10%+10% a swing, if it rolls under the weapon is launched 1d6+2 yards away, but also likly to hit anyone in the way at -5 damage.
22%: Your opponent does a hard parry. ie, he parrys your HAND, ARM, or SHOULDER. Take normal damage from his weapon. There's a possibility if the damage is high enough that the effected limb is disabled or severed. (GM's call)
23%: Disarmed! You strike and inflict normal damage by accidentaly throwing your weapon. You are disarmed. If your opponent is still standing your weapon is lying at his feet. (Go ahead and use this one for a ranged weapon if you're feeling goofy)
24%: Scope bite! Your dominant eye compulsively clenches closed for 1d6 rounds, imposing -4 to hit. (Only applicable to aimed shot with a rifle or similar weapon)
25%: A Heavenly Voice beckens from above and says "Bob...bob are you there?" Compeled to answer you reply, "No, oh lord, it is I (characters name)" and the voice replies "Oh" and then is gone. Lose one Attack.
26%: You remembered you Left the Iron on. Lose one action.
27%:As you Go to attack a hidden reporter in a large trench coat takes a picture of your fight with a very bright flash. the Supernatural brightness percies even EBA lose one action and -4 to parry and dodge.
28%:Someone in your family insulted Chuck Norris. Character and all family/friends are slain instantly by a roundhouse kick, plus city of birth and/or residence is annihilated, leaving a leg-shaped crater.
29%:Slugger Shock! you hit your opponate so hard and with not enough grit your weapons vibatartes so much and so hard it hurts. loose intitutive, -2 parry next round.
30%:dusty wind. all of a sudden the wind rushes up blowing dust in your face forcing you to close your eyes because of the dust and sand in them. basicly your off balance and blinded and lasts 2d6+3 rounds.
31%:kink in the cannon. your gun barrel has something in it, weither it be water or dirt it is sending your shot in a 1d12 (like the face of a clock, 12 would be straight up in the air, 6 would be down into the ground)ramdom direction untill swabbed out.
32%:Cheap peace. got to pull the trigger and the clip falls out and lands on your little toe. take a -1 to dodge and have to reload your gun.
33%:gun starts smoking, every time you pull the trigger it smoked a little more, pull the trigger 10 times it catches a blaze, drop or throw it or wait long enough, it explodes.
34%:screws come loose, basicly if you keep useing it with out repair in 1d10 uses (meaning pull the trigger, sling it, coldcock someone ect.) it is goin gto fall apart in the field or in your hands.
35%:You get boxed in the ear but good. Stunned for one round. You can't hear out of that ear at all for 1d6x10 minutes, and it rings for 1d4 days. Possible nerve damage or busted eardrum 25%
36%:Your giving all your effort trying to kill your foe, giving so much power to your blows your power now controls itself... you shart (a fart with some of natures materal waste) your underbritches! get a critcal with your current hit, but now you have some gootchie in da tooshie. take -1 to all combative rools there after untill cleaned, not to mention... you stink.
37%:weapon weekness, you go to pull the trigger and you high dollar gun putts and lets out the meekest blast ever only dooing a single point of damage.
38%:swinging away with you sword or whatever in the fury of battle, you fail to retain proper form and when you strike your foe, is twists your wrist in the worst of fassions, not broken, but you wish it were. your current attack counts as nothing, and your wrist is so painfull you take 1d4 pain damage a round and 1d4x2 everytime you try and use it for something even as simple as picking up a pencile! sometimes the pain is so sharp it will bring you to your knees!(1-33% chance per action any action) and this lasts for 3 days! and reoccures every 3 months! and bracing your wrist reduces everything by half damage and duration. surgery is not available! but doing a cybernetic supplement will cure you of the problem.
39%:same as above but with one's ankle.
40%:The PC swallows wrong, or otherwise chokes on something small, like a hair or small peice of dirt. The PC has a short bought of spasmatic coughing. The PC looses 1d4 actions, and is -4 to parry, dodge, or roll while coughing.
41%:Ahh man where did that farie come from. You miss so badly a farie in a high vantage paint began to laugh at you. As it begins to point and dance you need to make a saving throw.
42%:Before you can strike, your opponent hits you in the stomache (or equivelent), knocking the air out of your lungs. You miss, and are -2 to all combat actions or -10% to skills until you can regain your breath. Your breath is regained once you roll below half your PE stat on a 20 sided. You can attempt this at the end of each round.
43%:Divine Intervention! The PC's perfectly aimed blow stops an inch short of the target. The PC hears a divine voice in his head telling him that his target must survive this battle. All other strikes against that target must be non-lethal, or they will be stopped short. If the PC persists in trying to kill his opponent, then he'll be struck by lightening.
44%:things are not what they appier and you step in a sink hole. your let is sunk up to the knee in mud (or equivilent) and you need 3 successfull PS rolls on a d20, untill then you are stuck in one place and -1d4 to strike and dodging is -2d6
45%:Bird poop. Or some other likeness blinds the character by covering the visor or eye piece. if no helmet is equiped you just got bird poo in the eye. And that will make for one interesting story.
46%:Your character falls asleep. He collapses on the ground and wakes up 8 hours later, unless a buddy kicks you awake.
47%:A seagull lays an egg in mid flight for 150ft. in the air. It hits you square on the head, You lose 2 actions for the suprize and you take 2d6 sdc. (if player checks egg its hard boiled)
48%:You go to shoot and you get hit with an intense urge to go #2. You get stomach cramps and have to go Now!!!
49%:This time the character is hit by the entire bird (mabye it had a heart attack or something like that)(or mabye Chaney happened)
50%:You miss Ha :lol: Ha

Stattick
Adventurer

Mr Prosek wrote:54% Chaney pops up out of nowhere and blasts you in the face.

uh... so you're saying that out nowhere, a big dick blasts you in the face :shock: :lol: :shock:
Stattick
Adventurer

Mr Prosek wrote:
Stattick wrote:
Mr Prosek wrote:54% Chaney pops up out of nowhere and blasts you in the face.

uh... so you're saying that out nowhere, a big **** blasts you in the face :shock: :lol: :shock:

That is what I am saying. He probably thought you were a duck or a turkey. :D

:shock: I didn't know that Chaney was a poulipheliac! :shock:
:lol:

Better watch how you respond. The Big Brother's watching! :lol:
Stattick
Adventurer

58% You get the hiccups! -1d10 on all actions until they go away. (re-roll for each action. If a skill roll, then -1d10 x 10.) The GM will decide when they go away, but it should be at least 5 minutes.
Crushing Hand of Jupiter

Unread post by Crushing Hand of Jupiter »

60% Weapon made by ACME! When you shoot, the bullet (or other projectile) stays suspended in midair while you and your weapon fly backwards inflicting half range and damage, Roll for a chance to pause for a moment holding up a sign that reads 'YIPES!'
Scrud
Explorer

Unread post by Scrud »

61%: your attack misses you hit a mirror. 7 years bad luck

torjones
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by torjones »

Night time pilot check...

Vampire Bat through the intake. you crash. On the other hand, you've killed a minor menace, so you get 100xp... :)
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

torjones wrote:Night time pilot check...

Vampire Bat through the intake. you crash. On the other hand, you've killed a minor menace, so you get 100xp... :)

This doesn't have much to do with combat... and the vampire wouldn't die from going through a jet engine. :P

torjones
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by torjones »

Thinyser wrote:
torjones wrote:Night time pilot check...

This doesn't have much to do with combat... and the vampire wouldn't die from going through a jet engine. :P

True on both counts, but it happened 3 weeks ago, and that player is still getting grief over the incident. :D I needed something, and it took them 3 hours around the table to figue out why the damage started at the front and looked like a bird strike, but lessened as the 'bird' traveled through the engine... again, I know it's not cannon vampire behavior, but it did make for amusing amounts of confusion! :D

I'm sure that somewhere on his little trip through the compressor blades, which I had ruled as being MDC, the bat was decapitated. In my games, most things can't live without their head, then again, getting that decapitation shot in, is very difficult... most things also tend to protect their necks...
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

62% you step in a golper hole, taking 1 attack to extract yourself
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Hulksmash

woo woo

Unread post by Hulksmash »

63%- Your gun fails the PC. the PC looks down and see's a large DB wiener dog crawl out of the ground and and start barking irately at everyone. each bark shoots 1D4 swarms of bee's. the bee's quickly move in stinging everyone randomly until the wiener dog chews bee's. Each sting does 1 SDC.

64% - all of the sudden the song "it's raining men" plays loudly from the heavens. A rift opens and 1d4x10 singing fat chicks rain from the sky, clearly unaware of whats going on. if a fat chick hits a character they take 40 SDC. oh yea your gun breaks too.
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Unread post by 9voltkilowatt »

80% - Your repressed and unyeilding love for rice pudding gets the best of you. Spend the next 2D6 actions looking for that last, lovingly hidden snacky-pack.
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Hall Kent wrote:85% The character is struck with a sudden and shocking epiphany that the world he is living in is a construct of greater beings as a source of entertainment with the character as simply a puppet under one of these beings control. lose 1d4 attacks and for the next d6 weeks is preocupied with numbers writen on paper and is distracted by a clacking noise closely resembling the sound of dice rolling that only he can hear. -15% on all skills for these weeks.
:lol: :lol:
I like it!

Rayven
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rayven »

85% - the screws holding the tang on your sword have come loose and, as you swing your sword, the blade flies out of the hilt and imbeds itself 2 feet into a brick wall.
My Sig Box wrote:Welcome to my pants.~JM_Zen
Prepare to die, rebel scum.~Prettz
That's awesome, you get the Geronimo Award for Customer Service.~Geronimo
My eyelids aren't fat! They're big boned!~Zerebus
listen to Rayven.~Becky
Eating tacos with a friend doesnt make you gay.~Cherico

897 Geek points
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Too late yours needs to be relabled 86%... You need to keep up!... here I'll change it for you...
Rayven wrote:86% - the screws holding the tang on your sword have come loose and, as you swing your sword, the blade flies out of the hilt and imbeds itself 2 feet into a brick wall.
:P

Scrud
Explorer

Unread post by Scrud »

-3 strike and parry
21%: hand wrapping is unthreding, every swingincreses the change of it slipping from your hand. 10%+10% a swing, if it rolls under the weapon is launched 1d6+2 yards away, but also likly to hit anyone in the way at -5 damage.
22%: Your opponent does a hard parry. ie, he parrys your HAND, ARM, or SHOULDER. Take normal damage from his weapon. There's a possibility if the damage is high enough that the effected limb is disabled or severed. (GM's call)
23%: Disarmed! You strike and inflict normal damage by accidentaly throwing your weapon. You are disarmed. If your opponent is still standing your weapon is lying at his feet. (Go ahead and use this one for a ranged weapon if you're feeling goofy)
24%: Scope bite! Your dominant eye compulsively clenches closed for 1d6 rounds, imposing -4 to hit. (Only applicable to aimed shot with a rifle or similar weapon)
25%: A Heavenly Voice beckens from above and says "Bob...bob are you there?" Compeled to answer you reply, "No, oh lord, it is I (characters name)" and the voice replies "Oh" and then is gone. Lose one Attack.
27%:As you Go to attack a hidden reporter in a large trench coat takes a picture of your fight with a very bright flash. the Supernatural brightness percies even EBA lose one action and -4 to parry and dodge.
28%:Someone in your family insulted Chuck Norris. Character and all family/friends are slain instantly by a roundhouse kick, plus city of birth and/or residence is annihilated, leaving a leg-shaped crater.
29%:Slugger Shock! you hit your opponate so hard and with not enough grit your weapons vibatartes so much and so hard it hurts. loose intitutive, -2 parry next round.
30%:dusty wind. all of a sudden the wind rushes up blowing dust in your face forcing you to close your eyes because of the dust and sand in them. basicly your off balance and blinded and lasts 2d6+3 rounds.
31%:kink in the cannon. your gun barrel has something in it, weither it be water or dirt it is sending your shot in a 1d12 (like the face of a clock, 12 would be straight up in the air, 6 would be down into the ground)ramdom direction untill swabbed out.
32%:Cheap peace. got to pull the trigger and the clip falls out and lands on your little toe. take a -1 to dodge and have to reload your gun.
33%:gun starts smoking, every time you pull the trigger it smoked a little more, pull the trigger 10 times it catches a blaze, drop or throw it or wait long enough, it explodes.
34%:screws come loose, basicly if you keep useing it with out repair in 1d10 uses (meaning pull the trigger, sling it, coldcock someone ect.) it is goin gto fall apart in the field or in your hands.
35%:You get boxed in the ear but good. Stunned for one round. You can't hear out of that ear at all for 1d6x10 minutes, and it rings for 1d4 days. Possible nerve damage or busted eardrum 25%
36%:Your giving all your effort trying to kill your foe, giving so much power to your blows your power now controls itself... you shart (a fart with some of natures materal waste) your underbritches! get a critcal with your current hit, but now you have some gootchie in da tooshie. take -1 to all combative rools there after untill cleaned, not to mention... you stink.
37%:weapon weekness, you go to pull the trigger and you high dollar gun putts and lets out the meekest blast ever only dooing a single point of damage.
38%:swinging away with you sword or whatever in the fury of battle, you fail to retain proper form and when you strike your foe, is twists your wrist in the worst of fassions, not broken, but you wish it were. your current attack counts as nothing, and your wrist is so painfull you take 1d4 pain damage a round and 1d4x2 everytime you try and use it for something even as simple as picking up a pencile! sometimes the pain is so sharp it will bring you to your knees!(1-33% chance per action any action) and this lasts for 3 days! and reoccures every 3 months! and bracing your wrist reduces everything by half damage and duration. surgery is not available! but doing a cybernetic supplement will cure you of the problem.
40%:The PC swallows wrong, or otherwise chokes on something small, like a hair or small peice of dirt. The PC has a short bought of spasmatic coughing. The PC looses 1d4 actions, and is -4 to parry, dodge, or roll while coughing.
41%:Ahh man where did that farie come from. You miss so badly a farie in a high vantage paint began to laugh at you. As it begins to point and dance you need to make a saving throw.
42%:Before you can strike, your opponent hits you in the stomache (or equivelent), knocking the air out of your lungs. You miss, and are -2 to all combat actions or -10% to skills until you can regain your breath. Your breath is regained once you roll below half your PE stat on a 20 sided. You can attempt this at the end of each round.
43%:Divine Intervention! The PC's perfectly aimed blow stops an inch short of the target. The PC hears a divine voice in his head telling him that his target must survive this battle. All other strikes against that target must be non-lethal, or they will be stopped short. If the PC persists in trying to kill his opponent, then he'll be struck by lightening.
44%:things are not what they appier and you step in a sink hole. your let is sunk up to the knee in mud (or equivilent) and you need 3 successfull PS rolls on a d20, untill then you are stuck in one place and -1d4 to strike and dodging is -2d6
45%:Bird poop. Or some other likeness blinds the character by covering the visor or eye piece. if no helmet is equiped you just got bird poo in the eye. And that will make for one interesting story.
46%:Your character falls asleep. He collapses on the ground and wakes up 8 hours later, unless a buddy kicks you awake.
47%:A seagull lays an egg in mid flight for 150ft. in the air. It hits you square on the head, You lose 2 actions for the suprize and you take 2d6 sdc. (if player checks egg its hard boiled)
48%:You go to shoot and you get hit with an intense urge to go #2. You get stomach cramps and have to go Now!!!
49%:This time the character is hit by the entire bird (mabye it had a heart attack or something like that)(or mabye Chaney happened)
50%:You miss Ha Ha
51% You go to shoot your weapon but all that comes out of the barrel is a flag that says BANG!
52% The Dodge Caliber fairey arrives and turns you into something "cute" (open a Cosmo magizine or the like to a random page to see results)
53% a 1988 Chevy Caprice falls from the sky and out comes this guy with a TW-chain saw for a hand and a TW-Shotgun and attacking every one, starting with you.
54% Chaney pops up out of nowhere and blasts you in the face.
55%Chaney falls out of the sky and lands on you
56% You realize Big Brother is watching. You lose all of your attacks.
57% your weapon deflates
58% You get the hiccups! -1d10 on all actions until they go away. (re-roll for each action. If a skill roll, then -1d10 x 10.) The GM will decide when they go away, but it should be at least 5 minutes.
59% e clip ejection, think fast...
60% Weapon made by ACME! When you shoot, the bullet (or other projectile) stays suspended in midair while you and your weapon fly backwards inflicting half range and damage, Roll for a chance to pause for a moment holding up a sign that reads 'YIPES!'
63%- Your gun fails the PC. the PC looks down and see's a large DB wiener dog crawl out of the ground and and start barking irately at everyone. each bark shoots 1D4 swarms of bee's. the bee's quickly move in stinging everyone randomly until the wiener dog chews bee's. Each sting does 1 SDC.
64% - all of the sudden the song "it's raining men" plays loudly from the heavens. A rift opens and 1d4x10 singing fat chicks rain from the sky, clearly unaware of whats going on. if a fat chick hits a character they take 40 SDC. oh yea your gun breaks too.
65% Weapon jams or misfires, 1D4 actions to clear jam and reload
66% You swing and trip and are struck by your own blade, taking appropriate damage.
67% You loose you footing after an overswing, opponent gets a counterattack for free, automatically bypassing AR.
68% Something is in your rifle's barrel, it backfires and you take 1/2 the appropriate damage to your face. You are blinded for next 2 days and have a 20% chance of permanent blindness, or a 30% chance of blindness lasting for 1-6 months. Your PB is -4, from the horrible burns.
69% Your belt breaks and your pants fall down. The brown stains in your underwear causes your attackers to start laughing uncontrollably for 1d4 turns. The females in your party are now disgusted by it and are -2 to strike or Parry/Dodge. You have to use 1 hand to hold your pants up, and are -3 to strike, parry ort dodge until pants are resupported by either a new belt or other means.
70% Your stomach is upset, instead of swinging you vomit uncontrollably for next 1-6 rounds. You are -6 strike, Parry or dodge and -30% to all skills.
71% you stabbed and missed accidently striking yourself in the groin severing your organs, any hopes of reproduction are gone, you will die a virgin. You suffer normal damage and will bleed to death in 5 minutes.
72 - just before the player character strikes, a big green foot with gnarly unkempt toenails descends from the heavens (or ceiling) and squashes the player character into the ground. Player has to dig himself out of the hole when the foot withdraws and loses initiative as a result.
73%Your repressed and unyeilding love for rice pudding gets the best of you. Spend the next 2D6 actions looking for that last, lovingly hidden snacky-pack.
74%you've accidently snorted a small flying bug up your nose (mosquito, sand fly etc etc.). spend the next 2d4 rounds hakcing and trying to blow snark out your nose to get rid of the pest. (if your wearing a helmet your little friend got in uninvited when you first put it on)
75%you've accidently snorted a small flying bug up your nose (mosquito, sand fly etc etc.). spend the next 2d4 rounds hakcing and trying to blow snark out your nose to get rid of the pest. (if your wearing a helmet your little friend got in uninvited when you first put it on)
76%character's rebelious lifestyle gets the best of them and they have a fatal heart attack. Characters are allowed 1d8 actions to scream and sob, but all other actions are at a minus 10, and skills are reduced by 75%.
77%The character is struck with a sudden and shocking epiphany that the world he is living in is a construct of greater beings as a source of entertainment with the character as simply a puppet under one of these beings control. lose 1d4 attacks and for the next d6 weeks is preocupied with numbers writen on paper and is distracted by a clacking noise closely resembling the sound of dice rolling that only he can hear. -15% on all skills for these weeks.
78%the screws holding the tang on your sword have come loose and, as you swing your sword, the blade flies out of the hilt and imbeds itself 2 feet into a brick wall
79%you step on the business end of a rake, the handle jumps up and you take a shot in the apple bag. any witnesses to the event must roll vs ME to avoid pointing and laughing at you for the next d4 melee rounds.
80%Your weapon flies out of your hand going into an inconveniently place china shop, there is currently a bull inside inspecting a very valuable mink vase

Almost there, sorry about the back count someone skipped 7 percents[/quote]

Scrud
Explorer

Unread post by Scrud »

-3 strike and parry
50%:You miss Ha Ha
51% You go to shoot your weapon but all that comes out of the barrel is a flag that says BANG!
52% The Dodge Caliber fairey arrives and turns you into something "cute" (open a Cosmo magizine or the like to a random page to see results)
53% a 1988 Chevy Caprice falls from the sky and out comes this guy with a TW-chain saw for a hand and a TW-Shotgun and attacking every one, starting with you.
54% Chaney pops up out of nowhere and blasts you in the face.
55%Chaney falls out of the sky and lands on you
56% You realize Big Brother is watching. You lose all of your attacks.
57% your weapon deflates
59% e clip ejection, think fast...
65% Weapon jams or misfires, 1D4 actions to clear jam and reload
66% You swing and trip and are struck by your own blade, taking appropriate damage.
67% You loose you footing after an overswing, opponent gets a counterattack for free, automatically bypassing AR.
68% Something is in your rifle's barrel, it backfires and you take 1/2 the appropriate damage to your face. You are blinded for next 2 days and have a 20% chance of permanent blindness, or a 30% chance of blindness lasting for 1-6 months. Your PB is -4, from the horrible burns.
69% Your belt breaks and your pants fall down. The brown stains in your underwear causes your attackers to start laughing uncontrollably for 1d4 turns. The females in your party are now disgusted by it and are -2 to strike or Parry/Dodge. You have to use 1 hand to hold your pants up, and are -3 to strike, parry ort dodge until pants are resupported by either a new belt or other means.
70% Your stomach is upset, instead of swinging you vomit uncontrollably for next 1-6 rounds. You are -6 strike, Parry or dodge and -30% to all skills.
71% you stabbed and missed accidently striking yourself in the groin severing your organs, any hopes of reproduction are gone, you will die a virgin. You suffer normal damage and will bleed to death in 5 minutes.
72 - just before the player character strikes, a big green foot with gnarly unkempt toenails descends from the heavens (or ceiling) and squashes the player character into the ground. Player has to dig himself out of the hole when the foot withdraws and loses initiative as a result.
73%Your repressed and unyeilding love for rice pudding gets the best of you. Spend the next 2D6 actions looking for that last, lovingly hidden snacky-pack.
74%you've accidently snorted a small flying bug up your nose (mosquito, sand fly etc etc.). spend the next 2d4 rounds hakcing and trying to blow snark out your nose to get rid of the pest. (if your wearing a helmet your little friend got in uninvited when you first put it on)
75%you've accidently snorted a small flying bug up your nose (mosquito, sand fly etc etc.). spend the next 2d4 rounds hakcing and trying to blow snark out your nose to get rid of the pest. (if your wearing a helmet your little friend got in uninvited when you first put it on)
76%character's rebelious lifestyle gets the best of them and they have a fatal heart attack. Characters are allowed 1d8 actions to scream and sob, but all other actions are at a minus 10, and skills are reduced by 75%.
77%The character is struck with a sudden and shocking epiphany that the world he is living in is a construct of greater beings as a source of entertainment with the character as simply a puppet under one of these beings control. lose 1d4 attacks and for the next d6 weeks is preocupied with numbers writen on paper and is distracted by a clacking noise closely resembling the sound of dice rolling that only he can hear. -15% on all skills for these weeks.
78%the screws holding the tang on your sword have come loose and, as you swing your sword, the blade flies out of the hilt and imbeds itself 2 feet into a brick wall
79%you step on the business end of a rake, the handle jumps up and you take a shot in the apple bag. any witnesses to the event must roll vs ME to avoid pointing and laughing at you for the next d4 melee rounds.
80%Your weapon flies out of your hand going into an inconveniently place china shop, there is currently a bull inside inspecting a very valuable mink vase

Almost there, sorry about the back count someone skipped 7 percents[/quote]

Blue Eyes
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Blue Eyes »

81%

you blast away and hit absolutely nothing, han solo is disappointed
T-Willard
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: A soldier is more than his equipment.

Unread post by T-Willard »

87% You have a spontaneous nosebleed.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”