RPG?

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kagashi
Champion

RPG?

Unread post by Kagashi »

Is there anything in the Tactics game that ports over to the RPG? I have no intention to ever play a miniature game and was wondering if there was anything in this game that can be used for the RPG. Should I just save my money?
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
McPherson
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Still hunting for Pineapple Salad.

Re: RPG?

Unread post by McPherson »

The miniatures would work easily enough for the RPG.

The rules themselves are probably not something you'll want if your not interested in playing a miniatures game. It does have a nice section at the back for converting your RPG characters into characters for the Miniatures game if you want to resolve larger combats in your RPG using RRT or creating an ongoing narrative throughout an RRT campaign.

- End of Line -
Eternally hunting for Pineapple Salad.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

What about new types of mecha, or variants of mecha? Are there conversion rules to port over to the RPG?
Updated Aug 2015
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
McPherson
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Still hunting for Pineapple Salad.

Unread post by McPherson »

I don't have the RPG rules to hand (left my copies in the US when I moved to the UK) however the RRT rulebook doesnt have anything for converting stats from RRT to the RPG, that aside I think there are a couple of players who have done the math and could give you good estimates.

Because I don't have the RPG books at hand I cant say if there are any new variants on Mecha but I honestly doubt it, nothing particularly new is jumping out at me unless you count the 'experimental' weapons loadouts on some of the mecha or the VF-1R/YF-4 as new (I dunno if they're in the newest iteration of the Macross supplements sorry)

- End of Line -
Eternally hunting for Pineapple Salad.
Maxgravity
D-Bee

Unread post by Maxgravity »

Honestly, there's not a lot unless you are using miniatures to map out combat in the RPG. Pages 92-96 in the RTT rulebook cover interactions with the RPG and the majority of that page space is for converting RPG characters to units in RRT. Other than that, there are two small paragraphs. One reminds you that you can use the RRT minis to physically map combats in the RPG and the other suggests using the RTT rules to resolve the non-pc elements of mass combat in the RPG.

-MaxGravity
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

cool. I play exclusively on line, so the idea of physical miniatures is just a waste of money.

But there are stats for YF-4s? Those are not statted out in the RPG. Is there a way to reverse the conversions from RPG to RTT so we can get YF-4s in the RPG?
Updated Aug 2015
Maxgravity
D-Bee

Unread post by Maxgravity »

Kagashi wrote:cool. I play exclusively on line, so the idea of physical miniatures is just a waste of money.

But there are stats for YF-4s? Those are not statted out in the RPG. Is there a way to reverse the conversions from RPG to RTT so we can get YF-4s in the RPG?

Not really, it's not like the RPG where the stats are given as "real world" numbers or where MDC is listed per location.

What little I can glean from the stat block that might be useful for you is that it's 20% faster than a standard Valk in B mode, 10% faster in G mode, and 16.67% faster in F mode. It trades the GU-11 for a LLW-60 laser built into each forearm. It also sports a MDS-M-4 and Recessed LRM Launcher system.

-MaxGravity
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

cool thanks.
Updated Aug 2015
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Kagashi - There is a way to reverse convert them to rpg stats....PM me and I'll explain what I mean.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Kagashi wrote:But there are stats for YF-4s? Those are not statted out in the RPG. Is there a way to reverse the conversions from RPG to RTT so we can get YF-4s in the RPG?

Yes. Just look at the difference between the VF-1's in the RPG book and the Tactics book math wise and work your way from there.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”