RTT vs Battletech: scale

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

RTT vs Battletech: scale

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

cross posting some pics from the bg.battletech.com forums comparing Robotech Tactics figures to current Battletech miniatures. the goal of the original posters (papabees and Darkspade, to give proper credit) was to illustrate how well the tactics figures might work as stand ins for certain battletech designs.

for Tactics players, think of this as a way to see how well Battletech figures could be used to supplement your RTT stuff.

picture 1: plastic boxset Battlemaster, RTT Tomahawk, Plastic boxset Zeus, plastic boxset Grasshopper, Metal IWM Primitive Banshee
as you can see, the RTT figure ends up about the right size for battletech. given both are nominally the same scale, this is not too surprising, but battletech in universe sizes are a bit erratic in the source material, so the issue was somewhat up in the air.

comparing the visuals of the RTT figures to my old unseen Warhammers.. the RTT figures look at squater.. but they're actually about the same height, the RTT figures look like they're a bit more on the bulkier side, with wider 'chest' areas and legs.

Picture 2: metal IWM WSP-1 primitive Wasp, RTT Max Sterling VF-1J, 3rd edition boxset plastic Phoenix Hawk
unlike the destroids, this is one where battletech players were concerned, because in battletech the mech's based off the veritech art are some of the lighter ones, which in battletech are on the small side.

as you can see, while the VF's are just a tad tall for the light stingers and wasps.. they'll fit in fairly well as the medium Phoenix Hawks. and i know some Battletech players who point out various IWM light mechs that big, so if you pose them right, the VF's can probably count as a wasp or stinger too.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Grabula
D-Bee

Re: RTT vs Battletech: scale

Unread post by Grabula »

Sounds about right. BT is nominally 1:285th but as you say, they're kind of all over the place with no consistency. I imagine they may have tried to be consistent with the Robotech/Unseen minis back in the day.

I think they're all at least in that sweet spot anyway and shouldn't really stick out as out of scale in anyway.
In the middle of painting my first mecha!
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

another pic posted over at the battletech forums.. the VF-1's might be too big for the lights, but they seem spot on for a Phoenix Hawk stand in..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/ ... 7aa4e5.jpg

might make a good PHX-1K figure.. that's a Phoenix hawk that drops the jumpjets in favor of better armor and heat dissipation. (or a PHX-1Kk, which is a advanced technology upgrade of said model)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

I fully intend to use my RRT stuff for BT and vice versa.

Mind you I fully intend to use my RRT stuff for running Macross and Robotech games using Mekton as well :D
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”