Buying this game

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Aven
Newb

Buying this game

Unread post by Aven »

OK so after looking at getting into the miniatures scene i stumbled upon this game during my search for battletech minis. Now i want this game. Did a heck of a lot of research only to find many "distributors" offering this game a varying prices. So i decided to buy this game from the source directly for 2 reasons. First i would like to support the developer directly. Second i am hoping that i may get this game faster by buying directly. Which brings me to some quesions.

By buying this game thru palladium am i considered a kickstarter backer? Has this been closed? If i buy the game now am i more likely to get the game sooner? An update on the kickstarter page had a pic of someone standing in front of hundreds of boxes noting that many of them were the expansion packs as well. If so.. which ones? Do you plan on releasing all the expansions at the same time and if not, which ones are you releasing first?

By buying this game now thru palladium how is a more accurate estimate on when i would be likely to receive my copy? Sorry for asking that last one since it has been asked manyntimes before but now you are seeing your shipments and im assuming you have a better idea as to the time frame of non backer purchase releases.

Thanks in advance for answering thesr questions.
Maximilian Jenius
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Buying this game

Unread post by Maximilian Jenius »

Buying it directly from Palladium will not make you a kickstarter backer. Also even the backers do not know when they will get their product at this time.
Dirty Herby
D-Bee

Unread post by Dirty Herby »

Aven wrote:OK so after looking at getting into the miniatures scene i stumbled upon this game during my search for battletech minis. Now i want this game. Did a heck of a lot of research only to find many "distributors" offering this game a varying prices. So i decided to buy this game from the source directly for 2 reasons. First i would like to support the developer directly. Second i am hoping that i may get this game faster by buying directly. Which brings me to some quesions.

By buying this game thru palladium am i considered a kickstarter backer? Has this been closed? If i buy the game now am i more likely to get the game sooner? An update on the kickstarter page had a pic of someone standing in front of hundreds of boxes noting that many of them were the expansion packs as well. If so.. which ones? Do you plan on releasing all the expansions at the same time and if not, which ones are you releasing first?

By buying this game now thru palladium how is a more accurate estimate on when i would be likely to receive my copy? Sorry for asking that last one since it has been asked manyntimes before but now you are seeing your shipments and im assuming you have a better idea as to the time frame of non backer purchase releases.

Thanks in advance for answering thesr questions.

At this point if you buy the game it makes you a Palladium Books backer. The ONLY way you can be a Kickstarter (KS for short) backer for anything is by going to the KS website and backing something that interests you. The updates on the KS page are 100% for the benefit of the backers - although people in your position (waiting for the retail version to come out) can benefit from the status updates.

As for the game and expansions, right now they are releasing the basic game and a few boxed expansions. What Palladium is selling on their webstore is currently all that they are offering for the game. This initial offering is being referred to as wave one with more stuff coming out next year (we hope) which is wave two. So if you see "wave one" or "wave two" getting thrown around, in reference to the game, that is what those mean. I say "we hope" because we know they will come out with the wave two stuff we just aren't sure when as the wave one stuff was suppose to come about a year ago around this time.

As for when you will be getting the retail version I believe Palladium has said they hope to have it to the stores by Christmas possibly sooner. Right now ALL of Palladium's effort and stock is going to fulfilling KS backer rewards. The backers have the priority because they helped get the game off the ground - so to speak. Once they have completed sending out the backer rewards then they will be getting the game to the stores.

I hope this has helped and sorry for some bad news about when you can possibly get the game.
godsgopher
Wanderer

Unread post by godsgopher »

However there is some good news. Many of the backers for one reason or another have become disillusioned with the project and have "claimed" they plan on selling their stuff on E-bay as soon as it arrives. This would be a wonderful opportunity to get a set before the retail stores even have it.

p.s. you can't have mine :lol:
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Unread post by Phaze »

Nor mine... :lol: :lol:
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

It doesn't even have to be due to being "disillusioned" or "claiming" anything.

Because of the rather absurd way international shipping was calculated, it cost my group an extra $90 to get 8 sets instead of the 7 we were actually lined up for. I've always intended to sell some of the 3 "battle cry" backer boxes that will represent my share of those 8, though I'm hoping to sell locally to avoid issues with PayPal, ebay fees, and shipping shenanigans.

While it makes for a snide passing shot at those who have been vocally frustrated, we ended up paying maybe 25% of retail on this stuff. I'm sure there will be a bustling secondary market for it.

I certainly won't need 310'ish models for my needs, not with friends having another 500+ between them. So if you live in the Toronto area, sure, you can buy some of mine when they get in.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

:D Nor mine, either! :D

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”