Gaming Dice

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mike1975
Dungeon Crawler

Gaming Dice

Unread post by Mike1975 »

I wanted to get some extra dice that could be used to play Tactics. By myself they are $1 each plus shipping so I started asking around for people interested. Here is what I have so far. I'll keep this open till Wednesday night if anyone else wants in. We are tracking this on the Facebook page. If we go very far over 1000 we may get an additional discount. I will let you know. The dice are via Chessex.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1440349382851175/

Dice Pics
https://drive.google.com/

Battlecry's come with 12 from each faction
Showdowns come with 24 from each faction
so if you want a matching amount...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shipping for 500 of these dice within the US would be $15.00 via UPS
ground. This would make the total for the project $225.00 with
domestic shipping included.

Joseph *****
Chessex Manufacturing
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So likely only another $0.50 plus the $6 or so for me to ship the dice. That's much more reasonable.

Normal Price
Price depends on order size.
25-99 $0.75 each
100-199 $0.65 each
200+ $0.50 each or less.
500-999 $0.42 each

If bought by yourself directly from Chessex.
12 Dice $21 with shipping.
24 Dice $35 with shipping
36 Dice $47 with shipping
48 Dice $59 with shipping

That's if I have them sent to me. Then about $10 for a bubble wrapping, plastic baggies and some tape for a small flat rate priority box that should hold whatever you order easily. Shipping for that box is $6. So let's say $7 shipping per person. Plus whatever paypal will dip into the transaction. Lets say another $1 for a total of $8. We are working on the weight to maybe use plain bubble wrap envelopes and maybe lower shipping by $1-2.

12 Dice $13 with shipping.
24 Dice $18 with shipping
36 Dice $23 with shipping
48 Dice $28 with shipping

They only have around 500 of the opaque Yellow dice so if we go well over another option is to look at the Green opaque dice. If you think another base color for the die or symbol would work better let me know. They should have a Green Die sample pic for me later today. They cannot do black pips. They could have the 1-5 sides white and the symbol in black but I don't think anyone would be interested in that.

So far then....
Mike Arnold (24)
Doc ***** (24)
Chris ***** (48)
Thomas ***** (24)
Kiloden -- KS Comments (24)
Jaymz ***** (12)
David ***** (12)
Robert ***** (24) 1/2 Yellow 1/2 Green
Peter ***** (48)
Richard ***** (24)
IDIDOTH -- KS Comments (24)
Alex Clarke (24)
Judgedoug -- DakkaDakka (12)
Nathan ***** (24)
Manchu -- DakkaDakka (12)
Hollow ***** (12)
Jared ***** (12)
Minstrel Cottini -- KS Comments (12)
Matt Trussell -- KS Comments (12 Green)
Steven Carroll -- KS Comments (48 1/2 Yellow 1/2 Green)
Steve Teubner Jr -- KS Comments (24)
Joe ***** (24)
James ***** (24) 1/2 Yellow 1/2 Green
Patrick Hutchison -- KS Comments (24)
Dan ***** (60)
William Stillwell -- KS Comments (48 Green?)
CRT -- KS Comments (12 Green)
Brian ***** (12 Green)
Dalsiandon -- Dakka Dakka (24 Green)
Mr. Dachi -- KS Comments (48 Green)
Brett ***** (24 Green)
Timothy Ott -- KS Comments (24 Green)
Patrick ***** (48 Green)

Hope the count is right.
852 so far....
Yellow 552 of ~500
Green 300

Anybody Else Prefer Green Dice? We might have too many Yellows right now.
Last edited by Mike1975 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: Malcontent Dice

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

can you link directly to the pics? right now all it has is the basic drive link, which means i only see my own googledrive account..
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Forar
Hero

Re: Malcontent Dice

Unread post by Forar »

Edit: nevermind, apparently PB is on the case.
Last edited by Forar on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Axoid
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Gaming Dice

Unread post by Axoid »

Very cool idea. I've ordered custom dice from Chessex before, for GWs Lord of the Rings so I could have Saruman specific dice (white hand). The quality is great and I like that you're going the combined order route, great idea.

With all that said I'll pass though. Still a great idea.
Mike1975
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mike1975 »

Forgot to share this over here too.

So I have good news for you all. Before starting all this I asked PB if they had plans on making some Malcontent dice. Since they had no immediate plans I started up this thread. I thought it would be good if we got good dice for cheap and also a bit bad since they would not have the correct symbol on them.

So I started this thinking a few of us could pool some $ and save on cost to buy some gaming dice. I would not buy them at $2 each once you include shipping and all. Too expensive for me. As we started this I never really thought so many of you would want the dice. I was figuring 5 or 6, maybe more. The list has gotten large. Large enough that shipping this all over and managing this by myself would be kinda of a pain with me with little kids and in school and all.

The good news is that PB has noticed that we have a large group desiring these dice. They have a good idea of what we want too. So PB has asked me to hold off so that they can check on a few things and get their ducks lined up so that they can see about a small run of "Official" Malcontent dice for us all to buy. These dice will likely be a bit more but they will have the official symbol on then which is what I really wanted in the first place. They just ask us to give them a bit of time to work the details out since the idea of Malcontent dice was not really on the forefront of their minds.

I'm even going to send them the name and email of the guy I was working with at Chessex to move it along. Hopefully they can even work something out to get the pips and all in black on the green dice.
Kendachi
Wanderer

Unread post by Kendachi »

I can't be the only one who hears the sad trumpet noise...

Sigh.
"If a question is not asked, then how can it be ignored?" - NMI

“No question is so difficult to answer as that to which the answer is obvious.” - George Bernard Shaw

"Robotech RPG Tactics, the game, will be at Gen Con. For sale. In quantity. There's not much question about that." - Wayne

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”