How much RPG in RRT?

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

How much RPG in RRT?

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

I was wondering how much actual RPG material is in RRT.

By that I mean how interchangable are the rules, can you take your standard Robotech RPG character and jump into a RRT scenario and then back again?

Will the RRT boost sales of the RPG or not?

Too bad the Shadow Chronicles went nowhere and too bad that there hasn't been any Robotech RPG material for some time.
I thought the Marines book was almost done, guess not.

Palladium really has seemed very much sidetracked by this RRT business. I think only a couple of books have been put out this year so far, NG2 and Megaverse. I remember reading a Weekly Update that projected like 15 or so books.

They have 4 months left to wow us I guess.

Have fun storming Gen Con fellows.
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
Mike1975
Dungeon Crawler

Re: How much RPG in RRT?

Unread post by Mike1975 »

Similarities
You roll to Strike, Dodge or Parry, and Roll with Impact just like the RPG except using D6. Mecha stats are based off of the RPG also. You can take your character back and forth if you wish although I don't favor the conversion rules and rewrote them.

Sales...who knows...Maybe...but not much...Minis gamers and RPG gamers are sometimes one and the same and just as often not.

The projected releases vs actual is nothing new from what I understand. I don't buy the RPG books though.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

People who play the RPG will enjoy using the figs in their RPG play. Like how WFRP players use the WFB minis from GW. Or how D&D players use the minis from Warhammer too.

It will increase some Robotech RPG sales, as many people might not even know it exists.
MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

I wonder how many hundred copies they will sell at Gen Con?

Both the RPG and RRT. With it so prominently displayed and exhibited, I'm sure it will crank up a lot of interest.

Is there a "BEST OF SHOW" for Gen Con?
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

I plan on taking the 'experimental' mecha units and incorporating them into my PbP Robotech games.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

As far as I know or have heard via the grapevine etc, there are conversion rules/notes in the RRT game forincorporating your RPG character. That's about it.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”