Status of wave two

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Status of wave two

Unread post by Kryptt »

Is there any info about when wave two will see production? According to ninja John most of wave two is done or 98% complete (yeah we all heard that before). I remember the date for wave two quietly go from oct to the end of the year. Is this still the plan or will it be a repeat of last year were it kept getting pushed back? My other question is how soon after wave two is completed will PB/ND begin work on the next era? Will PB start on SC or Mospeada or both in one go since SC is the least popular?
MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

Re: Status of wave two

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

I got this weird feeling that folks are going to end up having to pony up more cash to cover S&H.

Just a gut feeling.
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

I hope not. I thought that's what the sales at GC would cover to make up for the projects dwindling finances. Unless you mean for the international backers?
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

I imagine we won't hear anything about wave two until wave one is at retail.

Though given that the current target was quietly shuffled back from "October" to "the end of the year", I suspect that'll become "early 2015", followed by "omg Chinese New Year again! What, does this thing happen every year?!" followed by "summer 2015" followed by "OMG Gencon again! What, does this thing happen every year?!"

So "by the end of 2015", but I'd be happy to be wrong.

And not be waiting for the rest of my package for another year and a half.

As for future generations, they mentioned in a newsletter last year that work was underway. They didn't specify what kind of work, but I assumed it was on the rules, as it'd be insane to be working on future figure sculpts when the Macross stuff isn't even done.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I'm sure that there will be some Wave 2 information at GenCon if not before.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

The Galactus Kid wrote:I'm sure that there will be some Wave 2 information at GenCon if not before.

"Oh man, the MAC II! That's awesome! When can I buy one!?"

"... 'soon'."

:-P
The Galactus Kid

Forar wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:I'm sure that there will be some Wave 2 information at GenCon if not before.

"Oh man, the MAC II! That's awesome! When can I buy one!?"

"... 'soon'."

:-P

"some Wave 2 information"
I wasn't wrong. lol.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Pls move to RRPGT forum. I just hate even seeing a post as I expect it to get locked at some point.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
The Galactus Kid

The Dark Elf wrote:Pls move to RRPGT forum. I just hate even seeing a post as I expect it to get locked at some point.

It only gets locked if people break forum rules. I think that is the one part people don't understand. If people follow the rules, the thread stays open. it's pretty simple.

Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:Pls move to RRPGT forum. I just hate even seeing a post as I expect it to get locked at some point.

It only gets locked if people break forum rules. I think that is the one part people don't understand. If people follow the rules, the thread stays open. it's pretty simple.

Which seems odd, because people who are otherwise uninvolved in the conversation will come in and break the rules and get threads locked.

Even stranger is that moderation staff (thankless job as it is) are clearly capable of issuing warnings and deleting or editing the questionable posts.

Which I suppose is treading on a conversation to have in the "forum suggestions" subforum or to take up with the moderatory staff directly, but it seems to be becoming a fairly regular occurrence on topics that are adjacent to or directly tied to RRT.

I mean, assuming RRT is a huge smash hit (which we're clearly all hoping it is), this is just the tip of the iceberg so far.

Edit: Hell, it's fairly telling that Dark Elf's first response is "oh god not another RRT thread that's going to get locked".
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

I would rather PB skip SC and go straight to Mospeada. Hoping this thread gets forwarded to the guys at PB.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Moved to appropriate section of the forums.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
rosco60559
Explorer

Unread post by rosco60559 »

Nmi,
Why was this moved? Just curious. It looks like everything in pb is welcome in the general section except rrt. That is just what it looks like.
rosco60559
Explorer

It just looks bad when someone posts over in the general section, one of the rpg guys complains for no reason at all, then the topic moves. It doesn't really look all that inviting for someone wanting to post here about 1 of pb's products, not to mention how fast things get locked or disappear on the overall topic of rrt. Just looks bad.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

So now that the thread is here does this mean there won't be any forthcoming answers?
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Kryptt wrote:So now that the thread is here does this mean there won't be any forthcoming answers?

1. Try not to troll on the forums of the company whom you are seeking answers from.
  2. I have sent Kevin and Crew a link to this topic and asked if they have the time between writing, filling orders, preparing to receiving Tactics, packing for Gen Con, etc... if they could post a response here.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

Any word yet from Kev an crew? Looking forward to some answers.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Give it more than a day dude. The people who can answer do not regularly check out the forums as it is...mind you personally I find it odd the official company forums are so irregularly looked at by the staff....just a personal observation is all.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Wayne Smith
OLD ONE

Unread post by Wayne Smith »

Just a quick reply while I'm thinking about it. Packaging was put together a few weeks ago, pending edits. We're having a conference call with the Ninja guys on Tuesday to go over the spec sheet. Several pieces had various stages of engineering work done way back around the beginning of the year, but work on them was paused for a while to focus on Wave One stuff when the decision was made to split into two waves. We're going to jump back into Wave Two at full speed after Gen Con and get it done as quickly as possible.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

Awesome news Wayne. I'm glad to hear that work will continue soon. I'm really looking forward to it. I've been looking forward to building a squad of YF-4's.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

Wayne Smith wrote:Just a quick reply while I'm thinking about it. Packaging was put together a few weeks ago, pending edits. We're having a conference call with the Ninja guys on Tuesday to go over the spec sheet. Several pieces had various stages of engineering work done way back around the beginning of the year, but work on them was paused for a while to focus on Wave One stuff when the decision was made to split into two waves. We're going to jump back into Wave Two at full speed after Gen Con and get it done as quickly as possible.

Almost forgot. Are we still receiving wave two at the end of the year? Thank you very much.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Thanks Wayne :ok:
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Kryptt wrote:Almost forgot. Are we still receiving wave two at the end of the year? Thank you very much.

I think we both know the answer to that.

Look at it this way; at a minimum, August is a writeoff. That leaves 4 months. December is also a writeoff, both in terms of being a busy time mixed with a time people abandon the offices asap to spend time with their loved ones (grab bags, etc). Oct/Nov are (far as I've heard) a heightened period of shipping as retailers make sure they're ready for the holiday season, and they've got possibly 2 - 2.5 times as many molds to make, test, tweak, approve, and get punching. In effectively 3 months or so, plus travel time to North America and then more time for orders being packed up and mailed out.

Anytime before Q1 2015 would take a minor miracle at this rate, especially given that the factory will apparently be punching Wave One (for backers and retail) for quite some time yet if they aren't expecting to have all the containers in until sometime in September.

And too far into Q1 runs into Chinese New Year again. In an ideal world the containers are all packed and out of there before that hits, but that too seems overly optimistic.

Which brings us to Q2, which begins to get uncomfortably close to Gencon round 3.

I wouldn't be surprised if the goal ended up being to get Wave Two in hand by August 2015, which means backer stuff potentially in Q3.

I would be ecstatic to be pleasantly surprised on this one, and respect that all involved will have learned a lot of things during this project.

But twice the molds in half the time it's taken? Quadrupling ones efficiency? Not seeming very likely.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Forar wrote:
Kryptt wrote:Almost forgot. Are we still receiving wave two at the end of the year? Thank you very much.

I think we both know the answer to that.

Look at it this way; at a minimum, August is a writeoff. That leaves 4 months. December is also a writeoff, both in terms of being a busy time mixed with a time people abandon the offices asap to spend time with their loved ones (grab bags, etc). Oct/Nov are (far as I've heard) a heightened period of shipping as retailers make sure they're ready for the holiday season, and they've got possibly 2 - 2.5 times as many molds to make, test, tweak, approve, and get punching. In effectively 3 months or so, plus travel time to North America and then more time for orders being packed up and mailed out.

Anytime before Q1 2015 would take a minor miracle at this rate, especially given that the factory will apparently be punching Wave One (for backers and retail) for quite some time yet if they aren't expecting to have all the containers in until sometime in September.

And too far into Q1 runs into Chinese New Year again. In an ideal world the containers are all packed and out of there before that hits, but that too seems overly optimistic.

Which brings us to Q2, which begins to get uncomfortably close to Gencon round 3.

I wouldn't be surprised if the goal ended up being to get Wave Two in hand by August 2015, which means backer stuff potentially in Q3.

I would be ecstatic to be pleasantly surprised on this one, and respect that all involved will have learned a lot of things during this project.

But twice the molds in half the time it's taken? Quadrupling ones efficiency? Not seeming very likely.

All I can say is, I hope they get everything else out of the way and ready to go so that when any time opens up, they can go right in and start wave 2 at the molds.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Kryptt wrote:Awesome news Wayne. I'm glad to hear that work will continue soon. I'm really looking forward to it. I've been looking forward to building a squad of YF-4's.

I have sent Wayne an email with this question asking him to answer when he has the chance.

As for why this topic was moved here, to the actual RRT forums... well they are the RRT forums and it was moved because that is the direction I was given by Palladium Books & Crew.
rosco60559
Explorer

So then let me get this straight, nothing related to rrt is welcome in the general forum then? I spotted a topic in there specifically for palladium fantasy and that's been there a few days now but it looks like rrt is tossed out inside of a few hours of going up even if nobody is breaking rules. Just looks bad dude, just looks bad.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

rosco60559 wrote:So then let me get this straight, nothing related to rrt is welcome in the general forum then? I spotted a topic in there specifically for palladium fantasy and that's been there a few days now but it looks like rrt is tossed out inside of a few hours of going up even if nobody is breaking rules. Just looks bad dude, just looks bad.

Ok, first, I have even gotten on the bad side of the mods before- so please understand that while I tend to be a pro PB guy (I am the guy with Gary, Nate, and NMI got the MA program going again) it does not mean I always agree.
However, NMI just said, and I quote
NMI wrote: As for why this topic was moved here, to the actual RRT forums... well they are the RRT forums and it was moved because that is the direction I was given by Palladium Books & Crew.

So, he was told by Palladium to move the RRT topics on the main page to RRT. Stop busting him about it on every thread- he is doing his VOLUNTEER job.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

To get a little meta; several of those threads don't belong in the RRT forum any more than they belong in ATPB. Many are concerned with the manner in which Palladium does business, in terms of communications, realistic time lines, projections, and transparency with backers.

That RRT is involved is merely the catalyst. Had I been involved in NG1/2, I would've been just as vocal as the weeks and months went by.

I'm not sure there is a native forum for such discussions, but I think trying to tuck them away in the subforum where threads seem to go to die and saying "oh, they talked about RRT in any fashion, it belong in the RRT forum" is disingenuous.

As for wave two, until Wayne spoke up, we hadn't heard anything about the remaining ~2/3 of the project in quite some time, which has a supposed delivery target of five months from now, and that's the extended version that was quietly walked back from October.

And let's be real, we'll be lucky if wave one is entirely (backers and retail alike) out the door by the end of the year, and Wave Two is in our hands by the end of next year, as detailed above.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”