Board index » MDC Worlds » Splicers® » Splicers® Unleashed!

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:34 pm

Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

kevarin wrote:
Premier wrote:
There are just some things that you don't see coming until they manifest and I can quickly say that some of the Winning Entries really have thrown me for a surprise as to how they are visually developing. I say that in a good and yet disturbing sort of way. This reminds me of the original movie Tron when Flynn was in the cpu (matrix, :lol: ) and as he was speeding in his Lightcycle passed all those tanks, he said relunctantly," I shouldn't have written all those Tank Programs..."This is what I feel the Writers of Unleashed have done unto the Splicerverse. :x :lol:

you just love to tease people don't you well ok now show us some previews or something.

Awe...Wheres the fun in that, :-D . Actually I was just caught off guard on how some of the illustrations are turning out and lets say I hadn't anticipated the results, but I am glad they turned the way they did. I will keep everyone posted, Now where did those Writers go... :lol:

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:26 am

Adventurer

By all means take your time, we do not want to rush the plans, wether of biotech or metal...

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:46 pm

Hero

Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp
@Premier........been out of the loop for a while.......how are things coming along?

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:56 am

Snake Eyes wrote:
@Premier........been out of the loop for a while.......how are things coming along?

Things are developing better than I thought they would be actually! I have some exciting inspirations from several Writers on where things are going and I am looking fwd to getting everything done and out to everyone. The winning Entries are still being illustrated and each one has my full intent to rival one another visually. My expectations for Unleashed have risen tremendously!

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:16 am

Hero

Premier wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:

Things are developing better than I thought they would be actually! I have some exciting inspirations from several Writers on where things are going and I am looking fwd to getting everything done and out to everyone. The winning Entries are still being illustrated and each one has my full intent to rival one another visually. My expectations for Unleashed have risen tremendously!

Super cool :D

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:27 pm

Explorer

So who are the winners?

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:08 pm

Hero

Quantum07 wrote:
So who are the winners?

inquiring minds want to know

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:26 pm

Champion

Comment: Court of Tarot author
It was mentioned in another thread that the guys are focusing on the next sourcebook right now. I can respect that decision. They probably want to reveal the winners and the prize artwork at the same time, I would guess.

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:32 pm

Hero

Lord Z wrote:
It was mentioned in another thread that the guys are focusing on the next sourcebook right now. I can respect that decision. They probably want to reveal the winners and the prize artwork at the same time, I would guess.

makes sense :ok:

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:55 pm

Quantum07
Quote:
So who are the winners?

Snake Eyes
Quote:
inquiring minds want to know

The Winners Entries will be revealed with the release of the Unleashed material to preserve the suspense factor. The WIP is coming along and the project should hopefully be wrapped up soon enough, but we want the quality to be well worth it. Its very important to me that the first Unleashed contest be a successful one to encourage more Support, Entries and Voter participation for the next contest.

Quote:
Lord ZIt was mentioned in another thread that the guys are focusing on the next sourcebook right now. I can respect that decision. They probably want to reveal the winners and the prize artwork at the same time, I would guess.

Great catch Lord Z! Actually though, Slappy is back Writing on the sourcebook, while the rest of the team is cranking on Unleashed. I am oscillating between the two and additional workloads & commissions. We are doing the best we can to get the Splicer material completed & out as soon as possible, always with quality in mind. I can’t say for certain which will be complete first at this point as both are making very good headway both in Writing and Art. I can say this though, as soon as we are done with them, they will be turned over immediately afterwards.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:15 pm

Hero

Really cool that things are coming along so well...........The suspense is killing me

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:06 pm

Adventurer

As long as their is faith, the is hope (Unless Kali gets borde) :twisted:

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:51 pm

Snake Eyes wrote:
Really cool that things are coming along so well...........The suspense is killing me

Let me ask everyone a question as I peruse througth these illustrations and wonder what everyone is thinking, expecting and preparing for...

Are you all preparing for Unleashed in your current Splicers campaigns? Do you have the player group or that one special character, ready to "try" and defend their Great Houses's borders?

Oops, sorry that was two questions. :-P

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:57 am

Hero

Premier wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:

Let me ask everyone a question as I peruse througth these illustrations and wonder what everyone is thinking, expecting and preparing for...

Are you all preparing for Unleashed in your current Splicers campaigns? Do you have the player group or that one special character, ready to "try" and defend their Great Houses's borders?

Oops, sorry that was two questions. :-P

:lol:

On a side note.......no one will and/or wants to play Splicers in my local area :x let alone anything Palladium.

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:07 am

Champion

SE, have you considered running a game as a play-by-post campaign? NexusNine.net is currently seeking GMs to run more games on their site.

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:36 am

Hero

I used to GM in my younger years........now its a pain just to play.........
Plus, Last time i GMed, i was almost evicted from the group i played with, a because a couple said i was cheating and fudging the rules..........even if i wanted to, i would be hard when everyone in the group has the same book(s)

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:55 am

Palladin

Snake Eyes wrote:
I used to GM in my younger years........now its a pain just to play.........
Plus, Last time i GMed, i was almost evicted from the group i played with, a because a couple said i was cheating and fudging the rules..........even if i wanted to, i would be hard when everyone in the group has the same book(s)

fudging the rules is GM prerogative, to some extent. that is, if you face an opponent that isn't in the books, then that's exactly why you have a GM.

changing the rules in the middle of a fight, not so good usually. changing the rules in advance and letting everyone know how it works in your games, good. again, if you want to play a game where the "GM" follows the rules blindly, go play a computer game. or 4th edition D&D, which will likely lead to the same result if you meet any of the 4th ed GMs i've ever played with.

inventing a new rule in the middle of a fight to cover a contingency that didn't previously exist, again, that's exactly why you have a GM.

i mean, depending on how you changed the rules, i may very well have been disappointed if you *didn't* change things around :P

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:48 pm

Hero

Yea ummm DND even 3.5 epic fail. Seen too many low level characters doing wayyyyy too much damage 6th level warrior, not cheating mind you, doing 85 damage in one hit, and too many gms suddenly deciding evasion only works sometimes. So not really into that.

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:07 am

Champion

For anyone who doesn't know, Doublenix and I have a podcast now. We haven't addressed any Palladium subjects directly yet, partly because we wanted to establish our show's identity before being compared to the Palladium-centric gaming shows. We just uploaded our 7th episode tonight. We are gearing up for recording another round of interviews soon. If anyone would like to jam on the show about their Splicers Unleashed contributions, let me know. In our show, the two of us focus a lot on fan-generated materials.

Save vs Nerd Rage

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:02 pm

Champion

Nobody?

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:24 am

Hero

Very interesting....thanks for posting the link, when i get some time i'll listen :ok:

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:20 am

Adventurer

Say, Lord Z, I would love to talk about my contribution. What would I have to do?

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Lord Z wrote:
For anyone who doesn't know, Doublenix and I have a podcast now. We haven't addressed any Palladium subjects directly yet, partly because we wanted to establish our show's identity before being compared to the Palladium-centric gaming shows. We just uploaded our 7th episode tonight. We are gearing up for recording another round of interviews soon. If anyone would like to jam on the show about their Splicers Unleashed contributions, let me know. In our show, the two of us focus a lot on fan-generated materials.

Save vs Nerd Rage

Hit me up, Lord Z. I'm always willing to talk about myself. ;)

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:39 am

Hero

Any news? Maybe giving the few of us some thing, fruit basket or something???????

Yes my great houses are keeping an eye out for these new threats.