Board index » MDC Worlds » Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:34 pm

Dungeon Crawler

It is with a great deal of regret that I'm the one to announce Chris Meadows, an active member of 90s Robotech fandom has passed away due to complications from a hit-and-run. If you never got a chance to interact with Chris or read his fan fiction, you missed out. I cannot claim we were friends, but I by-God loved reading his work.

Death announcement:
https://teleread.org/2020/10/14/r-i-p-c ... -his-life/

Original posting: https://teleread.org/2020/10/09/telerea ... -accident/

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:51 pm

Adventurer

I’ve never met him, but his fan work was inspiring to me. A sad loss.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:33 am

Dungeon Crawler

thorr-kan wrote:
It is with a great deal of regret that I'm the one to announce Chris Meadows, an active member of 90s Robotech fandom has passed away due to complications from a hit-and-run. If you never got a chance to interact with Chris or read his fan fiction, you missed out. I cannot claim we were friends, but I by-God loved reading his work.

That is most unfortunate. I don't know his author handle, so I don't know if I've read it, can you share? I'd like to see what he wrote, even if I can't tell the author how I find his writing any more. I'm kinda used to that since most of the authors I read are also, sadly, long dead.

May The Force be with you always.
Torrey

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:09 pm

Adventurer

torjones wrote:
thorr-kan wrote:

That is most unfortunate. I don't know his author handle, so I don't know if I've read it, can you share? I'd like to see what he wrote, even if I can't tell the author how I find his writing any more. I'm kinda used to that since most of the authors I read are also, sadly, long dead.

I've encountered his work from time to time.
He wrote a treatment of the Cyclones from the old Robotech movie.
He wrote several articles on early electronic fiction.
Here's an old home page, with a link to some of his fiction. (He might have more recent fiction.)
He wrote many posts on Tor's website.

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:30 am

Dungeon Crawler

ESalter wrote:
torjones wrote:

I've encountered his work from time to time.
Here's an old home page, with a link to some of his fiction. (He might have more recent fiction.)

Ah yes, Undocumented Features. I remember reading that WAY back when. and yes, I've got his write ups from the defunct steel falcon site. It was good stuff.

May The Force be with you always.
Torrey