Guys In ANY game system, is it possible to zombify a cyborg?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Guys In ANY game system, is it possible to zombify a cyborg?

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

Can you bionocise a zombie??

INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!!
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Re: Guys In ANY game system, is it possible to zombify a cyb

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

Not sure if its what you're looking for, but Chaos Earth: Resurrection book has zombie cyborgs.
The Dragon Has Spoken
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

In any system? Sure. In Palladium? Yes.
For NPCs, Chaos Earth:Resurrection has a couple of things, which are more zombies with mechanical parts.
Rifter 13 has Necro-Tech stuff, which are more zombie cyborg parts put on a person. It's "optional", but it allows a full wizard with PPE penalties.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

In Shadowrun, at a certain level of cyborg, you are classified as a zombie.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

I don't know about cyborg, but there are Zombie Juicers IIRC in WB10: Juicer Uprising.
Sambot
Adventurer

Unread post by Sambot »

Turning a partial cyborg into a zombie? Yes.

Turning a full conversion cyborg into a zombie? I don't think so. What would the zombie bite?

Turning a zombie into a cyborg? A necromancer/tech mage might be able to.
AceTW
D-Bee

Unread post by AceTW »

I think the Rifter #13 has the hybrid Techno Wizard/Necromancer class (and the TW/Shifter).

The TW/Necro would be the class responsible for the murder wraith undead juicer.

The only new TW objects listed as a sample of the TW/Necro is a set of bionics. If anyone can make an zombie borg, it's this guy.
Grazzik
Adventurer

Unread post by Grazzik »

Start with one living mortal person.
Add cybermage bionic-grotesque implants (Nightbane WB3, pg 20).
Turn person into Voodoo Xombie (Conversion Book 3, pg 68).

Depending on the magical aspect of the implants, the conversion shouldn't be impacted since the person converted is still mortal. Perhaps introduce a likelihood of some sort of wild card effect for fun.

The magical aspect of the implants should prevent rejection once turned into Xombie. Perhaps roll for rejection.

If damaged, the implants wouldn't regenerate (unless one of its magical qualities), but the original body part would likely replace it via Xombie bio-regeneration.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Shorty Lickens wrote:Can you bionocise a zombie??

INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!!

no
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Yes, a partial conversion could be zombified but the bionics might not work.

There are TW zombie cyborgs as well.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
rogerd1
D-Bee

Unread post by rogerd1 »

Marvel Zombies turn everything into zombies, even energy beings - so you could riff off that.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

If a TW was to build create zombie into Cyberware they might be able to create a zombie cyborg.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

As you have asked about any system - I saw a role-playing game called Necrobiotic, where, after an unexplained mass death, people have "reanimated" their dead into cyborg automatons to replace their decimated labour force.
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Blue_Lion wrote:If a TW was to build create zombie into Cyberware they might be able to create a zombie cyborg.

I ran a Savage Rifts campaign where the main opponent was a Techno-Wizard/Necromancer. I was inspired by: Chaos Earth: Resurrection however.... there is also the Necro Zombies [or whatever they are called] in Splicers and there is one or two types in Splicers: I am Legion and I think an additional "Necro Zombie" for Splicers in some Rifters
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

If you define a 'zombie cyborg' as a n animated corpse with implants, then Splicers has both skeletons and corpses with robotics implanted to make them shambling dead. In the latter case, it's often done while the victim is still living, is agonizing, and uses a combination of robotics/bionics and nanotech. However, what you have is a technologically-preserved and animated corpse.

Unofficially, for that setting I created necrotechnological abominations that were power armor-wearing humans partially resistant to the Nanoplague who became trapped and fused with their suits, with their consciousnesses recorded in 'play' mode on the suit's control systems.

Looking outside gaming, I thought I'd mention Neal Asher's 'reifs' which are arguably post-humans; people who have their consciousnesses recorded on crystal; hard-drives, then installed in their post-death embalmed bodies which are fitted with robotic/bionic actuators and other systems(one trot had retractable claw-blades), in the belief that their 'souls' reside with their flesh, no matter how beaten up they are(the reifs' bodies have installed filter systems that circulate various antiseptic preservative agents through their dead flesh). There are entire cultures and organizations who pursue this course for various reasons, and in several incidents, they even manage to regenerate(using REALLY advanced nanotech) back into living flesh and blood.

Now, back to a gaming equivalent, having an AI core installed in a body, and using the Transferred Intelligence or advanced golemancy rules, you could have a intelligent 'zombie' which is essentially a robot clad in its own corpse.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”