Wormwood Symbiote Permanence

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

shadrak
Champion

Wormwood Symbiote Permanence

Unread post by shadrak »

I know I have a book that gives a spell that allows for Wormwood Symbiotic permanence. Anyone able to tell me? I have spent the last 4 hours trying to find it.
shadrak
Champion

Re: Wormwood Symbiote Permanence

Unread post by shadrak »

Thank you, gentlemen!
shadrak
Champion

Unread post by shadrak »

There is also an alter environment spell somewhere where the individual could appreciate to a vehicle or room that might reset the timer
MidnightNova
D-Bee

Unread post by MidnightNova »

shadrak wrote:There is also an alter environment spell somewhere where the individual could appreciate to a vehicle or room that might reset the timer

There's an Alter Environment spatial magic spell, but that seems to be dealing with physical environmental factors. The Wormwood symbiotes would require fundamental changes to basically the dimensional matrix or paradigms of reality to match those of Wormwood. I don't think Alter Environment as written could do it. It's possible there could be a greater version of that spell that did though.

If going with spatial magic though, setting up a dimensional realm and setting the local paradigms to be like Wormwood might work better.
Devjannz
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Devjannz »

I just use a House Rule that if someone with a Wormwood symbiote leaves Wormwood, they must feed the symbiote PPE each day to keep it viable. It is usually about 10 or so. It can be from themself or someone else can channel it into the symbiote (if they can use PPE that way). If they miss a day, the symbiote goes dormant for that day (aka no bonuses or powers). If they miss another day then it will die at the end of that day. To prevent this, they have to feed it double the PPE they normally would for a day just to keep it from dying. It will take the symbiote a day to "recover" before any of it's powers can be used.
"Hurry, were running out of time!"

"Cannot run out of time. There is infinite time. You are finite; Zathras is finite; This....is wrong tool.

Susan Ivonnova and Zathras, Babylon 5 'War Without End'
Devjannz
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Devjannz »

Candy wrote:This would seem to reduce the importance of that firetown spell which exists for that purpose.

I do not have that book and so I was not aware of that spell. This is a house rule I have had since around the time when Wormwood was first published so I just stick with it.
"Hurry, were running out of time!"

"Cannot run out of time. There is infinite time. You are finite; Zathras is finite; This....is wrong tool.

Susan Ivonnova and Zathras, Babylon 5 'War Without End'
Blackwater Sniper
Explorer
Comment: The only bad character is the one you didn't put on paper.

Unread post by Blackwater Sniper »

Immediately after 'Wormwood' came out of course our group had a player who wanted to bring an Apok to Rifts Earth.

Liking the OCC, we brainstormed a good way to make it so, without being overpowered.

I think we decided to have the symbiote mask tap into the wearer's PPE base and reduce the available PPE by 25% while wearing the mask on Rifts Earth.
So what if I don’t know what apocalypse means? It’s not the end of the world!

Return to “Rifts®”