Robot Character M.D.C. by Location

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kaleb
D-Bee
Location: Discussing metaphysical realities with Thoth & Marduk

Robot Character M.D.C. by Location

Unread post by Kaleb »

I was recently checking out the A.I. Robots in SB 1 (new and old for comparison) and noticed that because of how old the first one was it doesn't have any listings for M.D.C. by Location when you build them. The update/revised book also doesn't have this listed. Does anyone know where I might find this if it exists?
"Of course my hammer broke your sword, you tried to hit me with it."

Kaleb the Blacksmith
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Robot Character M.D.C. by Location

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

if you are looking for the xDC of limbs for robots then looking in the Bionics source book would my 1st suggestion.

Moving outside Rifts the HU2 core book has text based off the same text that the RSB1 text is based off of. It might give you some ideas about how much xDC per locations breaks down.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: Robot Character M.D.C. by Location

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

I can't comment directly on the Revised SB1, but the original did include MDC for wheels, treads, pontoons, and hover jets (pg102 SB1o). and the Remote probe (pg105 SB1o)

You have two basic options:

Option 1: use the Bionic Limb MDC for the Robot MDC, since the Robot sections already suggests cribbing from the Bionics for features in a modified form, this is possible.

Option 2: this will require more research, but you could compare MDC ratios to the Main Body for appropriate vehicles/bots/power armor (based on size and chassis). It can be cumbersome, and likely should be done with a small sample instead of the entire line.

Option 3: Based on SB1o, and that it was the one-hit-location Body Armor era of Rifts you could use the HU2E percentage breakdowns for limbs which IIRC are close to what PB said to do when converting 1HL-BAs to the multi-location-BAs, so those could be used as well.

Return to “Rifts®”