An Altess Gunfighter question

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rifter11
Wanderer

An Altess Gunfighter question

Unread post by Rifter11 »

I want to make an Altess (from Dimension Book 5) Gunfighter (from New West) and just saw that the Sharpshooting W.P. says it's not allowed for supernatural creatures or creatures of magic. It doesn't say that the Altess are either (although their P.S. is supernatural) of those but they are M.D.C. creatures. They are augmented humans IMO. Do you think they should or should not get the Sharpshooting skills from the Gunfighter class ability?
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: An Altess Gunfighter question

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

MDC creature does not a SN/CoM make. The Sowki NPC shop owner in WB21 (pg23) has multi-classed from Ley Line Walker into "3rd Level Gunslinger", I'm not sure on the location of the race, but the he has an MDC body. The Octoman RCC in WB21 (pg80-2) mentions being able to become a gun-slinger/fighters and are also MDC beings. So that means the Altess being MDC does not automatically make them a SN/CoM.

Their SN PS on the other hand is the real issue that might push them to the CoM/SN category.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Rifts Bestiary, Volume 1, pg 13: "Supernatural Strength does not mean the creature is, itself, a supernatural being, but rather that it has the strength equivalent of Supernatural Strength.

Altess wouldn't be classified as Supernatural beings or Creatures of Magic, and thus conventionally qualify for the Gunfighter O.C.C.. I'd say W.P. Revolver is arguably not the best fit, and languages would need switching out.

The Sowki is a supernatural being. They were first depicted in Beyond the Supernatural 1st edition, and are also found in Rifts Conversion Book 1 (not revised) and Conversion Book 3:Dark Conversions.
Rifter11
Wanderer

Unread post by Rifter11 »

Thanks guys!

Return to “Rifts®”