could Achilles Syndrome (WB35) explain gods not intervening?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axelmania
Knight

could Achilles Syndrome (WB35) explain gods not intervening?

Unread post by Axelmania »

I didn't notice this bit on page 34... apparently bonuses don't help and it affects ALL supernatural beings

I'm sure I've seen Immune to Disease pop up for a lot of gods and demon lords but I get the impression it doesn't help, after all:
"Imperviousness to fire, cold, heat, poison, disease, and any other harmful effects are reduced by HALF,"

For impervious to disease to get halved by this implies that it couldn't stop the Hell Plague...

This could explain why gods still around (haven't been killed due to reckless ignorance) won't just throw their thousands of MDC and bio-regenerations at problems in case some random infected creature bites them...

If they did intervene they'd probably only do so as long as their magic armor / magic force field / possessed victim lasts, since these means would protect their natural MDC from getting infected.

This seems like a potentially more widespread problem than a bunch of soul-drinking rune weapons floating all over the place, or worshippers of rival gods ambushing you with deific powers through proxies.

Some gods know Restoration and could use that to cancel out the infection if it happens, but that would still be a pretty big hassle and for the gods who don't know it they might not be able to get that in time from an allied god.

There is however mention of "healing touch of a deity" doing "heal the victim and restore MDC" but I'm not sure if that's meant to imply it wipes out the disease... sounds more like something to help mitigate the first stage where SDC attacks on a bullseye can hurt you (what penalty is there to hit that anyway?) and to restore MDC lost to it for the slow-regenerators.

Return to “Rifts®”