Identify Northern Gun Aircraft.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Talsamar
D-Bee

Identify Northern Gun Aircraft.

Unread post by Talsamar »

I would appreciate some help. This is my first time posting, mostly because I cant figure this out. In Rifts World Book 33:
Northern Gun One, the interior artwork is of an aircraft with a gun on top and an image of a Pegasus on a shield on the nose of it. For the life of my I cant figure out this aircraft and would appreciate some help. Thanks for what you can do.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Identify Northern Gun Aircraft.

Unread post by Warshield73 »

NG-M57-2N1 Megabot, Pg. 157 & 158
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

First thought on seeing the title of this thread was "Wow, skills have gotten REALLY specific recently."
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

Mark Hall wrote:First thought on seeing the title of this thread was "Wow, skills have gotten REALLY specific recently."

I had the exact same thought :lol:
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Captain_Nibbz wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:First thought on seeing the title of this thread was "Wow, skills have gotten REALLY specific recently."

I had the exact same thought :lol:

:lol: :lol: Wow, I'm the guy that adds like 50 skills to each setting and my mind didn't go there
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

Actually this brings up an interesting point which I've had to deal with numerous times but is there a skill that allows people to ID weapons and vehicles the way Lore Magic allows for IDing weapons and vehicles.

I always just used appropriate piloting and mechanical skills to see if they no what a vehicle was or if they could ID the manufacturer of an unfamiliar vehicle or weapon but has anyone actually created a skill for this?
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Warshield73 wrote:Actually this brings up an interesting point which I've had to deal with numerous times but is there a skill that allows people to ID weapons and vehicles the way Lore Magic allows for IDing weapons and vehicles.

I always just used appropriate piloting and mechanical skills to see if they no what a vehicle was or if they could ID the manufacturer of an unfamiliar vehicle or weapon but has anyone actually created a skill for this?

The only skill I've seen even close to this would be "Fanatic Robophile Skill" in WB20 (pg117-8), but it is limited to robots and power armor. This is an OCC special skill, though it IS available to select OCCs also. Something like this would be covered by a Lore skill I think (precedent Demons & Monsters), but there is nothing for it specifically as far as I am aware of.
Talsamar
D-Bee

Unread post by Talsamar »

Thanks For the help. I saw it on that page before but didn't know it came out of the robot itself.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Talsamar wrote:Thanks For the help. I saw it on that page before but didn't know it came out of the robot itself.

That version of bot is a weird combo robot with a hover vehicle/command car that docks with the robot body.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

kaid wrote:
Talsamar wrote:Thanks For the help. I saw it on that page before but didn't know it came out of the robot itself.

That version of bot is a weird combo robot with a hover vehicle/command car that docks with the robot body.

The new version is actually kind of neat and usefully with it's weapons and speed. The original version that was in the original Sourcebook 1 was kind of useless.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Warshield73 wrote:
kaid wrote:

The new version is actually kind of neat and usefully with it's weapons and speed. The original version that was in the original Sourcebook 1 was kind of useless.

Honestly I still liked the original version it was fragile but it had a lot of missiles so it was not a bad sniper bot and the hover vehicle worked well in more town situations where a full on bot may not be allowed/useful. It was weird but it was pretty inexpensive for what it gave you.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

kaid wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:
kaid wrote:

Honestly I still liked the original version it was fragile but it had a lot of missiles so it was not a bad sniper bot and the hover vehicle worked well in more town situations where a full on bot may not be allowed/useful. It was weird but it was pretty inexpensive for what it gave you.

It's not a bad vehicle but the robot body just sits there when the hovercraft is off and they can't even control the missile system. Not sure if the power system is in the hovercraft or something but still this kind of divided vehicle is weird in a medium robot vehicle.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Warshield73 wrote:
kaid wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:
kaid wrote:

It's not a bad vehicle but the robot body just sits there when the hovercraft is off and they can't even control the missile system. Not sure if the power system is in the hovercraft or something but still this kind of divided vehicle is weird in a medium robot vehicle.

I assume the power plant is in the vehicle basically its a useful feature if you are working out of a base like in a town. Although really if you undock in the wilderness there is not a ton of reason to try to steal the leg chassis its big and basically inert if it is undocked. Other than trying to scrap for parts not a ton you could do with it.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

kaid wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:
kaid wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:
kaid wrote:That version of bot is a weird combo robot with a hover vehicle/command car that docks with the robot body.

I assume the power plant is in the vehicle basically its a useful feature if you are working out of a base like in a town. Although really if you undock in the wilderness there is not a ton of reason to try to steal the leg chassis its big and basically inert if it is undocked. Other than trying to scrap for parts not a ton you could do with it.

Right after the original SB1 came out I created a team of bandits that used five of these as the core of there team. Long story short my players did the unexpected, the dragon cast invisibility on him and the head hunter and the head hunter planted fusion blocks with contact switches in the bots while the hovercraft were out. So no reason to steal the bot but great reason to strip it for munitions' or blow it to hades.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Warshield73 wrote:Actually this brings up an interesting point which I've had to deal with numerous times but is there a skill that allows people to ID weapons and vehicles the way Lore Magic allows for IDing weapons and vehicles.

Intelligence
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

kaid wrote:

Huh? How is that version the weird version? The old one had a hover car that docked with the body it's hover car wasn't as sporty though (didn't have a nose cone).
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)

Return to “Rifts®”