Psychics rolled during character creation.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

(SHIFTY)
Adventurer

Psychics rolled during character creation.

Unread post by (SHIFTY) »

The old RMB said to reduce the OCC related skills and bonuses if the character was a major psychic in the character creation section. Rifts Ultimate Edition added Master Psionics during character creation but mentioned no rule of reduced skills for Major or Master Psionics. Does this rule still apply with Rifts Ultimate Edition.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Psychics rolled during character creation.

Unread post by Warshield73 »

The rule as stated in RMB is not part of the rules under RUE. I tend to house rule it myself to take 2 OCC Related and 2 secondary skills to pay for Major Psi as it should take some time to develop all those powers.

Now I'm not sure what rule you are talking about in RUE that adds Master Psionics to character creation. As far as I know the only way to get Master Psi is to take a PCC like Mind Melter and I don't see it on the creation chart on page 289.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
(SHIFTY)
Adventurer

Unread post by (SHIFTY) »

Warshield73 wrote:The rule as stated in RMB is not part of the rules under RUE. I tend to house rule it myself to take 2 OCC Related and 2 secondary skills to pay for Major Psi as it should take some time to develop all those powers.

Now I'm not sure what rule you are talking about in RUE that adds Master Psionics to character creation. As far as I know the only way to get Master Psi is to take a PCC like Mind Melter and I don't see it on the creation chart on page 289.

Ah ok. My apologies I missread the table.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

There are a few other ways to get master psionics besides taking a psychic class:
1. A few classes can be master psionics (cyber-knights, super-spies, and I think some C.S. detective class in CWC).
2. Select a species to play that automatically or optionally has master psionics and can select O.C.C.'s, such as Dog Boys, Demi-Gods, and Psi-Stalkers.
3. Get exposed to the experimental rift at Azlum in Atlantis. Actually, I'm not sure if that makes you a master psychic or not, but it comes close enough that there's little practical difference.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Hotrod wrote:There are a few other ways to get master psionics besides taking a psychic class:
1. A few classes can be master psionics (cyber-knights, super-spies, and I think some C.S. detective class in CWC).
2. Select a species to play that automatically or optionally has master psionics and can select O.C.C.'s, such as Dog Boys, Demi-Gods, and Psi-Stalkers.
3. Get exposed to the experimental rift at Azlum in Atlantis. Actually, I'm not sure if that makes you a master psychic or not, but it comes close enough that there's little practical difference.

Truthfully these are the best OCCs to take if you want master psi.

Mind Melters are great but a dog boy or psi-stalker just has that extra something. My favorite is actually the super spy in the Mercenaries book. The skills of a spy work great with the large selection of psi powers.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Hotrod wrote:There are a few other ways to get master psionics besides taking a psychic class:

1 Super-Spy (Merc. SB) the psionics option is but one of sever options for the spy's gimmick that makes it a super spy.

1, 2, & 3: I would take what Axe said in this post should be taken as a "look it up and see it for yourself" prompt in this. Because while what he is saying is liberally correct, the specifics might not technically agree with the liberties taken.

Books these classes reside in...
RUE and the cyber knights book
Rifts Mercenaries sourcebook
The Dog Boy and Psi Stalker Rccs can be found in RUE and additional DBs types can be found in the CS lone star WB and the CS navy source book
Demi-Gods and Godlings are frond in the Rifts Pantheons sourcebook.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Rifts®”