Stats for Lucifer or equivalent

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

dpenwood
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Life is like a potato; sometimes it's brown, but sometimes it's green.

Stats for Lucifer or equivalent

Unread post by dpenwood »

Hi. I'm planning to run a one-shot for a friend (yes, it's really for a friend!). She is a huge fan of the TV show "Lucifer." I've never seen it, but I've read the gist. So I thought it might be fun to incorporate the Lucifer character into the Rifts adventure as an antagonist.
In the show, Lucifer is, in fact, Lucifer. I don't want to create Lucifer himself in Rifts; he would be impossible to defeat, and I'm not clever enough as a GM to pull off his antics.

However, I was thinking of creating a being that poses as Lucifer. Maybe a powerful alien intelligence or deevil that can transform, walk among the common folk undetected, and causes some trouble.

I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this. What kind of being could pull off a "Lucifer," and what would his/her stats look like?

Thanks!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Stats for Lucifer or equivalent

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Looks like you lots of ideas.

Thou a Splinter essence of an Alien Intel might be the way to go, because you could scale it up of down depending on the power level of the party.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
dpenwood
Megaversal® Ambassador

Thank you for the reply!
Quick question: what is a "Splinter" essence?
dpenwood
Megaversal® Ambassador

Nevermind, found out about splinered AIs in the Dark Conversions book. :) Thanks!
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Look at Rifts Conversion Book 2 Pantheons of the Megaverse. Not only does it have lots of actual gods but great examples of powerful beings that pretend to be gods.

For me, I would use the Godling RCC probably with psionic powers to make what you are looking for. An essence of a supernatural Intel can be tricky to use.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

Nightlords (From the Nightbane RPG) make for some really convincing Fake Gods. They have illusion powers that let them basically do anything (think Mysterio from Spider-Man Far From Home).
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

I haven't watched the show but some quick reading suggests the power level is drastically reduced from the DC/Vertigo character, who would be better left unstatted than placed somewhere on a continuum going from Manhunter's Mulka up to somewhere past Zurvan. The Nightlord suggested by Giant2005 is a great fit for a powerful being focused on deception. There are stats available in the Nightbane Main Book as well as in Rifts Conversion Book 3: Dark Conversions.

Return to “Rifts®”