Giant robot lifting weight?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

slade2501
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the baddies I shoot, and their bodies I loot; Oh RNJesus, you I salute!

Giant robot lifting weight?

Unread post by slade2501 »

The RUE says that GIANT robots, with 40 plus strength can lift 100 times their strength and pull 200 times. But what about a LESS than 40 strength?

I still want to use the 100x, even for robots with less than 40 strength. they are still a giant robot.
I would not use this for A Samson, cause its a power armor, not a giant robot, even though a Samson has ROBOTIC strength of 33. Its just not tall enough or have enough ground pressure/leverage.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Giant robot lifting weight?

Unread post by Warshield73 »

slade2501 wrote:The RUE says that GIANT robots, with 40 plus strength can lift 100 times their strength and pull 200 times. But what about a LESS than 40 strength?

I still want to use the 100x, even for robots with less than 40 strength. they are still a giant robot.
I would not use this for A Samson, cause its a power armor, not a giant robot, even though a Samson has ROBOTIC strength of 33. Its just not tall enough or have enough ground pressure/leverage.

I use the X100 as well although I have never set a size limit for where the cut off of giant is. Truthfully Palladium has a lot of broken systems but the PS system is really messed up.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
slade2501
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the baddies I shoot, and their bodies I loot; Oh RNJesus, you I salute!

Re: Giant robot lifting weight?

Unread post by slade2501 »

Warshield73 wrote:
slade2501 wrote:The RUE says that GIANT robots, with 40 plus strength can lift 100 times their strength and pull 200 times. But what about a LESS than 40 strength?

I use the X100 as well although I have never set a size limit for where the cut off of giant is. Truthfully Palladium has a lot of broken systems but the PS system is really messed up.

This is great. I was working up some design ideas of robot vehicle arm strength vs lift carry capacity regarding hand held weapons, thrown objects, etc. My game play style is to truly use a Giant Robot as a human enhancer, not just a weapons platform or mdc armor. I really love the old (system that we shall not name) Accelerated Training Program book, it handles war machine combat and scenarios pretty well. Most of the training there applies to Rifts war machined and armored combat equally as well.

Return to “Rifts®”