RUE Dragon skills clarification

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Anthony_Kufahl
Newb

RUE Dragon skills clarification

Unread post by Anthony_Kufahl »

is it possible for someone to list out how the Dragon RCC skills are done up the section is as clear as mud to me for the "Special interest" skill ... what is the selection list for the SI skill and what is the full list of RCC skills as far as i can tell its language/ literacy Dragonese / Elven and basic math
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Re: RUE Dragon skills clarification

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Wow, I hadn't noticed how less than useful that writeup is. If possible, I'd use one of the dragon hatchling skill descriptions in another book. There is still some contradictory language within them, but there are a lot more skills offered. The PFRPG Dragons&Gods has the most examples (including for Rifts hatchlings), with Japan, Lemuria, and assuredly something else I'm forgetting following suit.

If one is to use the RUE rules I'd read it as dragons choose Secondary Skills off of the list on page 300 at the levels listed. The special interest skills can be of any skill for which the character meets the prerequisites, but only Language/Literacy, Lore, and Research receive a bonus.
Anthony_Kufahl
Newb

Re: RUE Dragon skills clarification

Unread post by Anthony_Kufahl »

Curbludgeon wrote:Wow, I hadn't noticed how less than useful that writeup is. If possible, I'd use one of the dragon hatchling skill descriptions in another book. There is still some contradictory language within them, but there are a lot more skills offered. The PFRPG Dragons&Gods has the most examples (including for Rifts hatchlings), with Japan, Lemuria, and assuredly something else I'm forgetting following suit.

If one is to use the RUE rules I'd read it as dragons choose Secondary Skills off of the list on page 300 at the levels listed. The special interest skills can be of any skill for which the character meets the prerequisites, but only Language/Literacy, Lore, and Research receive a bonus.

that actually makes a lot of sense thank you for the help

Return to “Rifts®”