List of Faerie folk on Rifts Earth

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

List of Faerie folk on Rifts Earth

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

I'm thinking about writing up a little something potentially involving FF enclaves , and was hoping to confirm the sources of all varieties of faerie and near-faerie.

Most of the varieties in PFRPG are listed in CB1r, with a few exceptions. PFRPG 2nd adds Goblins, Hob-Goblins. Orcs, and Kobolds (these are mentioned in various places as being arguably or actually FF, whom have lost access to inherent magics). Monsters and Animals adds Mermaids and Merrows. Non PFRPG sources include DB14's Abatwa. Mystic Russia adds Woodland Spirits, which are Creatures of Magic described as akin to Faerie Folk if not actually FF. Spirit West describes Great Little Ones in the same way. Rifter issues 23, 53, and 58 have a number of "optional" Faerie options. The Black Faerie of Sourcebook 1 is usually listed as being a faerie, but is described as arguably so once or twice.

Is there anything else? As an example, are Psi-Goblins as entitled to be considered FF as a Cobbler Goblin?
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Re: List of Faerie folk on Rifts Earth

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Heyhey, I found another one!

PFRPG 12 has the Blue Hooligan, which apparently represents an entire spectrum of hooligans.

What features would one want to see in an OCC based around interactions with Faerie Folk? I would like to keep away from the sort of tropes often associated with west European conceits, like Seelie/Unseelie courts and all. I figure a bonus to social skills would be good, along with at least a partial immunity to faerie food/magic, the chance to cast spells commonly associated, and some amount of summoning/requesting help from those nearby. What else? Should they be able to change shape into various forms? Should they at a certain level become a creature of magic, perhaps using a similar ability progression for this as a Lord Magus?

Return to “Rifts®”