is it possible to make a Spawn inspired character

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Knight_General
Wanderer

is it possible to make a Spawn inspired character

Unread post by Knight_General »

i just recently watched spawn and thought that it would be pretty cool to play something like him. yes i am new to the system, and i don't have the mental capacity to look through all the books to figure it out due to a brain injury. i just think that it would be fun to have a character like that. thanks
plotulus
D-Bee

Re: is it possible to make a Spawn inspired character

Unread post by plotulus »

I'm thinking that using the Nightbane in Dark Conversions might be a good idea.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

Super Powers could do it, too.

A lot of people get hung up on insisting on combining game mechanics and fluff text, but you could make a Scholar & Adventurer OCC, and use the rules in Conversion Book 1 to give him super powers.

For your story, those powers are infernally provided, or whatever, but you could just pick the ones that do what you need them to do to be a spawn-like character.

Supernatural PS, Supernatural PE (turns you into an MDC creature), Natural Weaponry (the chains), etc. Lots of possibilities.

Technically, the fluff would have you as a “mutant” with super powers, but thats not a game mechanic... just work with your GM to change the origin of the powers.

I think, even, you could create a demon-type character using the Minion War book for Heroes Unlimited (Armageddon Unlimited) - there are new super power categories in that book for heavenly-powered heroes and demonically-empowered heroes.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
Knight_General
Wanderer

you know i think i am just going to stop posting questions as i just can't keep a character idea in my head.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

There's lots of possibilities in Rifts, and lots of potential power levels therein.

When you nail something down, im suure someone here can help you flesh it out
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Hey, Knight_General, it's cool. I'll help you write up whatever you want. I was beginning to stat out the cyborg markswolf. There's an item to allow robots to transform into different shapes (Aliens Unlimited Galaxy Guide p139: Frame Reconfiguration System), and I thought the only way to improve a cyborg that looks like this before it removes its outer armor and transforms to this or this is to stick a gun on its back. It could even have fur, with bionic parts visible when they're on two legs.

You mentioned the GM whose game this was for doesn't want to use anything from Rifts China or South America, or Heroes Unlimited, that a lot of supernatural/demigod type stuff is out, and that you wanted bonuses as high as possible at level 1. Do you know what anyone else is playing? That way people here can keep things on a similar power level.

If you want to do a Spawn inspired character, Nightbane or HU are the two best choices. Two books have everything about making a nightbane:the main book for basic stats, and Dark Designs for a list of all the different body modifications and Talents. The main book has a lot of that too, so Dark Designs isn't essential.
Knight_General
Wanderer

i forgot to mention i left that game and am in another and was considering my options for characters right now i have a wolf robot that needs to be tweaked by the GM on monday. my second game is a savage rifts game and that character is fine. i have a cyber knight in my third game though i might leave that game as i don't have the patience for PBP, and the game i am currently trying to make a character for hasn't started yet but should be soon

right now i have two concepts in mind the spawn inspired character i have going here and a wannabe cyborg angel who mimics the angel of death with scythe and what not. i have no clue how to build either of them and am frustrated cos i just can't commit to a character concept as my brain doesn't work right since my brain injury.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Well the Bionic Angel Borg isn't that hard at all. If you have access to the Bionics Sourcebook...

just create a Full-conversion borg. IIRC, there is a winged flight pack in there. Or, at least, there are bionic wings. If they dont allow you to fly, you can get a Jetpack.

Then just buy a vibro-scythe. Not 100% sure what book its in but i know ive seen it. Or you could just wing it and work with your GM on how much damage it would do. I'd say 3D6MD or 4D6MD.

Also.. i think you might actually just able to use the stats for Warlord Romanov's Cyborg Shock Trooper if you wanted an easy solution. Its... a flying, winged Cyborg called the Avenging Angel that fights with a large combo Vibro-Scythe and Ion blaster.
HWalsh
Hero

Unread post by HWalsh »

Just hopping in to offer my support to ya.
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Knight_General wrote:i
a wannabe cyborg angel who mimics the angel of death with scythe and what not. i have no clue how to build either of them and am frustrated cos i just can't commit to a character concept as my brain doesn't work right since my brain injury.

Get a copy of World Book 17: Warlords of Russia and turn to page 131 and check out the "Avenging Angel" cyborg. Should work for you very well.
Knight_General
Wanderer

i had asked some other people and they sent me to the same book had to get borrow it from a friend and the Romanov angel is exactly what i was looking for except for the feet. hopefully the GM will let replace them with normal feet as i don't want claws. thanks for the information but this thread is more for a spawn like character so that is my main focus
Father Goose
Adventurer
Comment: If I could go back in time, I would join the cast of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour"

Unread post by Father Goose »

Knight_General wrote:i have no clue how to build either of them and am frustrated cos i just can't commit to a character concept as my brain doesn't work right since my brain injury.

I wouldn't stress about either of those concerns. The forums exist to help players understand the rules and flesh out their characters. You've already found us, so you're halfway there. As for not being able to commit, I can appreciate that. I make a dozen characters for every one I play. I'm constantly having ideas, exploring concepts, and working builds. Don't worry that you're always having ideas. Run with them. Just because you can't play them all, doesn't mean they are not worth exploring.
taalismn wrote:Hey, you came up with a novel, attention-getting idea, you did the legwork, you worked it through, you made it fit the setting, even though initial thought might be 'nah, it can't work, it's too silly/stupid/lame', and you posted something that only required a little adjustment, yet can be added to, without diluting its original concept. How can we not give you due support and credit?
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Knight_General wrote:i had asked some other people and they sent me to the same book had to get borrow it from a friend and the Romanov angel is exactly what i was looking for except for the feet. hopefully the GM will let replace them with normal feet as i don't want claws. thanks for the information but this thread is more for a spawn like character so that is my main focus

I dont see why thats a big ask, really. You just use the same stats and have it styled differently (just have the foot-claws be retractible).

As for a Spawn-like character... i perused Armageddon Unlimited last night... thats probably not he way to go. The Demon-empowered Power category was sorta blah. Not a lot of customization.

Nightbane converted with Conversion Book 3 (Dark Conversions) is probably your best bet. That or just rolling up a Rifts Scholar & Adventurer OCC and giving them Super Powers via the rules in Conversion Book 1. Just pick powers that fit your “Spawn” like goal.

Return to “Rifts®”